- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I just thought of this. Hope you like
Author's Chapter Notes:
Someone had to tell Abby Gibbs and Gereald had been shoot. Who told her

NCIS BULL PEN
Abby was sitting in the bull pen waiting on word about Kate Tony Gibbs Gerald and Ducky. All her friends were down near the morgue with that Son of a bitch Ari. Gibbs told her to stay here and wait for word. Well here she was waiting on word. And she was impatient.


MORGUE

Ari was staring Gibbs down. "Well you gonna kill me?" Gibbs challenged.

"Nah Agent Gibbs. See if I wanted to kill someone I woulda killed Gerald."

Gibbs looked at him gauging the reaction. "Well then I guess you lose. Cause there are 9 teams all around the Morgue." Gibbs reached for his spare gun in his back pocket. Just then Ari shot at him and caught his right shoulder. "Ahhh." Gibbs went down to the floor and laid his head down. He had to fight to stay conscience.

"See Agent Gibbs you lose."

Just then the swat team came in. "FREEZE." Ari was arrested on the spot.

Tony ran to Gibbs side. "Gibbs? You awake?"

Gibbs looked at a blurry Tony. "Kate and Ducky."

Tony looked over to the SWAT team leader. "We found them in the freezer."

Tony pulled his phone out. "Yes I need an Ambulance to the NCIS Morgue."

Tony stayed beside Gibbs side holding pressure on the shoulder wound. When the ambulance arrived the Paramedics looked at Kate. "She is fine. We need to take Gerald and Gibbs in tho." Ducky told them.

"Duck I'm fine. Just let them take Gerald." Ducky walked over to where Gibbs was trying to push one of the paramedics away.

"Jethro you were shot in the shoulder. You need medical attention."

Gibbs nodded defeated. He then looked over at Tony. "Dinozzo let Abby know what's going on."

Tony nodded. "Done Boss." With that Gibbs was moved to a Gurney.


BULL PEN

Abby heard the elevator ding and seen Tony and Kate come off. "Kate how are you?"

Kate smiled at her appreciatively. "I'm fine. Gerald on the other hand is not."

Kate moved around her desk and got her jacket. "Tony let's get to the hospital. Gibbs will be unbearable."

Abby perked up. "Wait did something happen to Boss man?"

Kate glanced over to Tony. "Abs Ari shot him in the shoulder." Kate told her gently.

Abby sucked in a breath "Oh my god. Let's get going." Tony grabbed his Jacket and followed them.


DC MEMORIAL HOSPITAL

Ducky was in the waiting room waiting on word about Gibbs and Gerald. He heard the elevator ding. He looked to see Tony, Kate and Abby come in.

"Ducky. Where is the boss man at?" Asked a worried Abby.

Ducky shrugged. "The doctor hasn't come out and told us anything." Kate and Tony sat down in chairs. "Caitlin how you feeling?"

Kate nodded. "I'm fine ducky. Just a little chilly." Tony took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders. She smiled appreciatively at him.

Just then the doctor came out. "Agent Gibbs will be fine. He won't be able to use his Right arm for 8 weeks but other than that he should be fine. You can see him. He is on some medication for pain so be ware if he is a little out of it." They nodded.

"What about Gerald Mcrary?" Ducky asked.

The doctor looked at his chart. "Mr. Mcrary is still in surgery." Everyone nodded. "Now if you'll follow me I will show you to Agent Gibbs room."

Everyone followed the young doctor through corridors to a private room where on the bed was Gibbs resting with his right shoulder in a sling.

"Is he ok?" Asked Tony.

Everyone was startled. "I'm fine Dinozzo." Came a grouchy Gibbs. Everyone moved into the room.

"How you feeling Jethro?" Duck asked concerned.

Gibbs shrugged his left shoulder. "Sore. Any word on Gerald?"

Ducky shook his head. "No . Still in surgery." Abby stood back out of the group watching her boss. The man she had fallen in love with. But she couldn't tel him. Or anyone. Cause he probably didn't harbor the same feelings.

She was startled when someone spoke a little louder to her.

"Abby." It was Ducky.

"Yes Ducky. Sorry was thinking."

Ducky nodded. "You wanna go with us to see Gerald?"

She looked to see Gibbs staring at her. She shook her head. "No. I'll stay with the grouch." Everyone snorted.

"Alright follow me please everyone." The doctor said and walked out with Ducky Tony and Kate following.

Abby stayed where she stood looking out the window. She was startled a little when Gibbs spoke to her. "Why didn't you go to see Gerald?"

Abby shrugged "Just not ready to face the ICU."

Gibbs smirked at her. "Abs you face worse things everyday."

Abby nodded. "Not really. I face fears everyday."

Gibbs looked at her confused. "Face fears? How so?"

Abby abandoned her stance by the window and walked to the chair beside the bed and sat down. "I watch someone I love go into the field and I know he has Backup but it's still hard."

Gibbs nodded. "Well Tony has Kate McGee and Me protecting him. But he still does stupid things."

Abby shook her head. "Not Tony. I'm talking about you Gibbs."

Gibbs sat shocked. "Me. Abby you're in love with me?" Neither of em noticed the trio standing in the doorway. "Yes. I guess I didn't really face the reality until Tony told me you were shot. And I guess I realized I could really lose the chance to tell you."

Gibbs considered that a moment and then he saw the Trio. "How's Gerald?" He shot them all glares. He noticed Abby getting her emotions in check.

"He's stable. Bullet went through his shoulder. Lost a lot of blood." Kate said.

"Alright get back to the office all of you. And find out what happened to let Ari get into the building." They all looked at him. "Do I need to call security to get you guys to leave?" He glared at them.

They all went to say their good byes and started filing out. Abby was the last one to start towards the door. "Abs. I have the same feelings."

Abby turned to see his Blue eyes facing hers. She walked slowly back to the bed. And leaned down to meet his lips half way. That kiss spoke volumes.

"Cool. I'll see you in the morning." She said and walked out of the room. Feeling as if she had just walked out on cloud nine. Which in her gut she did.

TBC [1 MORE THAN THIS IS FINISHED]

Chapter End Notes:
I just thought of this. Hope you like