- Text Size +
Story Notes:
386 words all told. Written in 30minutes because the plot bunnies wouldn't let go.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Drabble: Nightmares and Comforts

To Hear Your Voice

Skin moved against skin, hands and lips and tongues all intertwining and exploring. The soft moans and sighs filled the room and charged the air.
He kissed her neck and she arched into the touch.
She caressed his chest and he moaned at the feel.
They were chalk and cheese professionally and personally, but here, in their own little world, they were perfect. Their contrasts causing the intense sensations and reactions.
He ran his fingers through her hair, placing soft kisses on her lips…
But her lips were cold, and her hair matted with something sticky and wet. He pulled back and looked down at her, her eyes dead, lips blue, skin white and cold. Blood surrounded her head and matted her hair, taking away its silky shine.

Tony bolted up in bed, sweat covering his body, breathing harsh and eyes scared. He hated that particular nightmare more than any other.
Reaching over he picked up the phone and dialled the only number he could when nightmares like that woke him. On the second ring the phone on the other end was picked up, informing him that he hadn’t woken anyone else.
"Hello?"
"Hey, it’s me." He said, "Sorry, I just had to hear your voice." There was a short laugh on the other end.
"Another nightmare?" It showed how often this had been happening. For the last two weeks Tony had been unable to sleep fully, for the last week he’d been calling, just to hear a voice.
"Yeah," he said with a sigh, knowing it was a weakness but not caring. "I didn’t wake you?"
"No, my head was sore and I couldn’t sleep." Headaches seemed to be a regular thing in the office now.
"I think I’ll always be glad you elbowed me right at that moment." Tony said, remembering his relief when the doctors told him. If she’d been standing straight, it would’ve hit her right between the eyes.
"I knew you were a masochist." She laughed in reply.
"Only in the office." There was a pause. "You want me to come over?"
"I’d like that Tony." He smiled at the sincerity in her voice.
"Be there in ten Kate." She gave her affirmation and he hung up. Feeling a lot better than he did when he woke.

END

Chapter End Notes:
386 words all told. Written in 30minutes because the plot bunnies wouldn't let go.