- Text Size +
Story Notes:
please write feedback to RAE351@msn.com
Author's Chapter Notes:
part 1 of baby it's monday.

The bed was so comfy, with satin sheets. He never wanted to get up, but it was Monday and at that moment, the kids decided to wake up. He automatically got up and headed down the hallway to the nursery. James was awake sitting in his crib, but not crying. Alyssa however was.

He bent down and grabbed Alyssa, and held her close to him.
"It’s okay bub, its okay, shhh." She was fussy, but he calmed her down after a while, and laid her back in her crib. James was still wide awake, and once he was, you can’t get him to sleep.

He held James and headed down the hallway to the kitchen. He glanced at the clock, it was just after 6, and he’d have to start getting ready for work. Kate was going to mind the kids today, they shared the shift, one went to work, and the other stayed home. It was a good system.

He fed James and put him back in his crib. He got in the shower quickly, so he wouldn’t be late. He’d already been in trouble twice this week with Gibbs for being late. He went back to the bedroom and got dressed, Kate was still asleep, but woke when he came in.

"What are you doing?" Kate was only half-awake.
Tony buttoned his shirt, "Just getting ready for work, Gibbs is going to kill me if I’m late again."
"Tony, I have the doctor’s appointment today, I told you, and you have to mind the kids today."
Oh no Tony thought, this is not good. "I can’t what do you want me to do, take them to work! I don’t think so."

Half an hour later, he was in the car driving to work, with the kids in the back. He’d given up his Jeep, and instead bought a mini-van, which was usually used by Kate. He glanced back to his children, he couldn’t believe that just over a year ago they were small babies, and now they were bigger and resembled their parents.

He pulled to a stop in front of the NCIS building. He got out and unbuckled the kid’s harnesses. He held James on his left and Alyssa on his right and headed into the building.

He walked out of the elevator, to his desk, to find the whole crew standing around Gibb’s desk, talking. He snuck in behind them, but he was caught.
"DiNozzo your 20 minutes late, that’s the third time this week." Gibbs was so not happy.
"Kate had an appointment, so I had to watch the kids today."
Gibbs leaned back in his chair. "DiNozzo, this office is not a play pen. What if we had a case? What then?" Gibbs knew he was being hard on Tony, but damn his agents could not turn being late into an epidemic.
Tony answered quietly, "Won’t happen again boss, sorry."
Abby could see the disappointment in Tony’s face.
"Hey Tony I could mind one of the kids if you want."
Tony seemed to brighten up. "Really, okay take James he isn’t as fussy as Alyssa."
Tony handed Abby James. Abby winked at him and headed down to the lab, holding James on her hip.
Gibbs still wasn’t happy. At that point Ducky chimed in. "I can take Alyssa Tony, I handled many children in my day, sure one more wouldn’t go astray."
Tony smiled and nodded, he handed Ducky Alyssa. Ducky took this as his exit que and went down to autopsy.

Later that day Gibbs, Tony and McGee were out on a case. Abby and Ducky were left as the babysitters, but it became obvious to them, that the twins did not like to be split apart, especially Alyssa. Ducky shortly brought her up to the lab and put her with James. They were playing with each other, it was adorable to watch.

"Young James does look quite like Tony, don’t you think?"

Abby nodded, James was like a clone of Tony. He was quite tall for his age, dark haired, green eyes and a smile that lit up the room. Alyssa however was similar to both Kate and Tony; she looked more like Kate, but acted like Tony. She had blond hair that was growing steadily darker, dark eyes and was shorter then James, but she was a cutie. She had the most adorable laugh, but was a bit clumsy. The twins were inseparable, they were well-behaved and fun to be around, which sounds pretty full-on for a pair of 1 year olds, but that’s how they made people feel. Kate and Tony must be pretty proud.

Tony returned to the office, to find his children sitting on his desk. They both lit up when they saw him. He kissed them both and hugged them. He hated leaving them to work, but that’s how they survived.

He arrived home at around six, to find dinner already on the table. He was greeted by a very extravagant Kate. She grabbed James, and placed him in his high chair. He followed her lead and put Alyssa in her chair. Kate kissed him, with all her energy. They broke apart, with Tony smiling at her.
"Well, Mrs DiNozzo, what is the occasion?"
Kate was radiant. "The doctor said that everything is fine, no disease or virus or anything, but of course to be sure he took a few tests and said he’d send me my results."
Tony was happy. "Great." He kissed her again, she tasted great, but he remembered they had kids now.

Tony and Kate both arrived at the office that morning, bright and early. They had dropped the kids of at the local day-care centre.

Tony filled Kate in about the case they were working on, and what they knew so far, which didn’t take long, because they didn’t know much.
Gibbs strolled in, "Good to see you here on time DiNozzo, now get to work."
Gee, Tony thought, Gibbs is never in such a bad mood straight off in the morning, probably hasn’t had any coffee.

The day passed by slowly, everyone was watching the clock. It came time for them to go home, which Kate and Tony were more then willing to do. They headed to their car, and drove to the day-care. Kate walked into the centre and asked at the desk for her children.
"Name please."
Kate knew the procedure. "Kate DiNozzo, children are Alyssa and James DiNozzo."
The young woman went to get her children, but quickly returned to the desk. "Sorry miss, but your children have already checked out."
Kate was flabbergasted, who had gotten their kids.
"I think you’ve made a mistake."
The woman looked down her list and shook her head. "No, no mistakes, an old man checked them out. Said he was their grandfather, he showed us I-d.
Kate ran to the car and jumped in.
Tony was confused. "Kate, you um, forgot the kids."
Kate was pissed and worried. "No Tony, your father picked up our kids."
"What?"
Kate looked Tony straight in the eye. "Yeah Tony, your criminal father, who you got locked up, is obviously out and has our children!"

This was his revenge. He never trusted his son, he wondered how he felt right now, around the time he would be picking up his children, finding out his children are gone. He made no effort to cover his identity; this would lead his son right to him. He smiled, he would soon have his revenge, and it felt bitter sweet.

Tony was pacing the office, running his hands through his hair, where the hell would his father have taken his kids. Was this all for revenge? He had locked his father up, but that was years ago, but then again his father was never the forgiving type. His father was head of a mafia. He ordered hits on many people, and Tony just happened to be working the case. He’d always known his dad was cruel and vindictive, but he never suspected him of killing innocent people. Now his children were at danger, he needed to find them and quickly.

Kate was looking up his file, looking for some clue, some piece of the puzzle that would lead her to her children. Her mind was focused on the job ahead, but her heart was aching, not knowing if her children were safe. As a profiler, she thought, looking at Michael DiNozzo’s file, he would keep the children safe, until he had his revenge on Tony. She couldn’t be sure though.

They needed to find him, Tony knew his father would stay close; all he wanted was his pitiful revenge. If he gave himself up, then his children may be safe. He hurried to find Kate, he had an idea.

"No way!" Kate couldn’t believe she was hearing this. Tony was sometimes stupid, but this idea was ludicrous.
"Kate, he wants me, not the kids, please, if the plan succeeds, then we’ll all be safe. Tell me with your heart, that this isn’t the only way we’ll get them back. Tell me with your mind it’s a crazy idea, that will never work. Tell me."
Kate considered this and she regretting saying this.
"Your right, this is the only way, but I don’t want you to get hurt."
Tony gave her a pleading look. "Kate, I won’t get hurt, if we stick to the plan and you follow my instructions."
Kate nodded. "Okay."

Gibbs was suspicious. Both his agent, Kate and Tony were gone.


to be continued...

Chapter End Notes:
please write feedback to RAE351@msn.com