- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby and McGee have a fight about McGee's attraction to Erin.

Abby woke up and found herself alone in the bed. She sighed and got up, finding one of Tim’s t-shirts and pulling it on. She quietly walked into the living room. He was standing at the front window, staring out at the rain. The only light was coming from the streetlamps outside.
She wrapped her arms around him from behind and rested her head on his back.
“Hey” she said softly.
When he didn’t respond, she let go of her hold and stood behind him.
“What’s wrong Tim?”
“Nothing” he responded, still staring out the window.
She knew what he was thinking about.
“You’re still thinking about her, aren’t you?”
He sighed. “I just feel guilty. I should have done a better job.”
“It wasn’t your fault you know. You did your job the way you were supposed to.”
“I should have been closer, I could have done something.”
“Then why weren’t you closer? Why did you keep your distance?”
She knew Erin was infatuated with Tim and it was obvious he was enjoying the attention. Yeah, she was extremely jealous at first, but she trusted him. Now she wasn’t sure what to think. Did he have feelings for her that were deeper?
He shrugged. “Because” he mumbled.
“Because what? Tim, look at me.”
He still stood facing away from her. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes and her anger growing.
“Because if you were closer then you would have a whole different reason to feel guilty, right?”
His silence was her answer. She turned away from him and headed back towards the bedroom.
He finally turned around. “Abby wait.”
He followed her to the bedroom. “Abby, please listen to me.”
“Why?”
She picked up her clothes that were scattered around the floor and started getting dressed.
“Please?”
“No! Why should I listen to you? It’s apparent our relationship doesn’t mean as much to you as it does to me.”
“Come on Abby, it’s not like I actually did anything, why are you so mad?”
She shook her head. “You seriously thought about it though. That’s enough to put doubt in my mind.”
“Oh, like you haven’t thought about somebody else before.” She stared at him like he had two heads.
“You can be so stupid sometimes.”
That set him off. “Well you can be such a bitch sometimes!”
“Well I wouldn’t have to be if you weren’t such an asshole.”
“So now I’m an asshole? I wasn’t such an asshole when you were calling out my name earlier.”
She picked up one of her shoes and threw it at him.
He ducked, the shoe just missing his head.
“You son of a bitch! You selfish, arrogant son of a bitch! Why don’t you go to hell!”
“Being here with you makes me feel like I’m already there.”
“You bastard! I swear sometimes I could just punch you!”
He crossed the room in two swift strides. They were standing face to face.
“So, what’s stopping you? Come on, give me your best shot.” She glared at him, her eyes like daggers.
“Oh, not so big and bad now? I knew you didn’t have the nerve to…”
He was interrupted mid sentence when she socked him in the mouth. Being caught off guard, he stumbled back and fell on his ass.
“That will teach you to shut the hell up!”
He sat and stared at her in stunned silence. He could taste the blood from his split lip.
She finished dressing and grabbed her jacket.
“As far as I’m concerned, McGee, you can go straight to hell. I hope you enjoyed your pity fuck, now stay the hell out of my life!”
She stormed out, picking up the shoe she had thrown at him along the way. He sat and listened as she slammed the door on her way out.
“Damn it!”
After a few minutes, he picked himself up off the floor. He went into the bathroom to change his bloody shirt and clean up his lip.
He returned to the bedroom and sat down on the bed with a heavy sigh. He held his head in his hands as the tears started to run down his face. He sobbed out loud to himself.
“Oh God Abby. What have I done? I’m such a screw up. I’m so sorry.”
He eventually laid down and fell into a restless sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
This is my first posting ever, please be gentle. Feedback is greatly appreciated! This is for all those who encouraged me to post. (You guys know who you are!)