- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby reveals her secret and Tim is very happy about it
A few hours later, Tim’s parents and sister came by. Abby updated them and told them he had been awake earlier. Becca gave her a questioning look and Abby shook her head slightly. Abby excused herself saying she need to get some fresh air.

As she was walking down the hall she heard Becca call her name. She stopped and waited for her to catch up. “Want some company?”

“Sure.”

They went outside and walked across the street to a small park. “You didn’t tell him?”

“No. After I told him about Kate, he was so upset. I didn’t want to give him too much to handle.”

“Don’t worry, he’s a big boy, he can handle it.”

Abby smiled. “I know. I just didn’t want to get him too worked up. After things calm down tonight I’ll tell him. I promise.”

“Hey, that’s your decision Abby. I’m not passing judgment or anything. I know he’s going to be so excited when you tell him.

“You think so?”

“Absolutely. Don’t worry, Tim’s going to be a great father.”

Abby smiled brightly thinking about Tim being a dad. Her and Becca walked around for another ten minutes, just enjoying the sunshine before heading back to Tim’s room.

As they neared the front door, Abby spotted Tony coming across the parking lot. She waived at him and he smiled. They waited for him to reach them.

“Hey Abbs, hi Becca. How’s Tim doing?”

“Better. He woke up this morning.”

“Cool.”

“How are you doing Tony?”

“I’m hanging in there. I’ve been placed on leave, but I’m doing OK. I haven’t heard from Gibbs though.”

“He came by last night.”

“Really? How did it go?”

“Well. I think he’s taking it pretty hard, but we talked and we’re all good now.”

“Good.” They walked inside and waited for the elevator. “Oh, I brought you some things Abby.”

He handed her the overnight bag he had on his shoulder. “Since I knew you wouldn’t go home, I brought you some clothes, your toothbrush and some other things I thought you might need.”

“That’s so sweet Tony. Wait, how did you get into my place?”

Tony gave her a smile. The elevator arrived and they got on. Abby looked at him.

“Well?”

“I picked your lock.”

“Tony!”

“Don’t worry, I locked up when I left. I hope you don’t mind that I went through your underwear drawer though.”

She playfully punched his arm. “You are so bad Tony. But thank you. I really appreciate it.” Becca laughed at them as Abby gave Tony a kiss on the cheek. They reached their floor and headed down the hall together to see Tim.

The rest of the day passed relatively quickly. Tim’s family stayed most of the day as did Tony. Ducky and Gibbs stopped by in the afternoon and stayed for a bit. After visiting hours were over, Abby and Tim were alone again. Abby told Tim to get some rest while she took a shower.

A short while later, Abby emerged from the bathroom to find Tim still awake. Her hair was wet and down around her shoulders and she wasn’t wearing any makeup. He smiled at her.

“I thought you were going to get some sleep.”

“Actually, I’m not very tired."

She realized he was staring at her as she put her things in her bag. “What?”

“You’re beautiful.”

She blushed. “Stop it. I look like crap.”

“No you don’t.”

She rolled her eyes at him. “I think we need to talk Abby.”

She nodded. “Yeah, I think we do.”

“God Abbs, I’m so sorry. I screwed things up so bad. I miss you so much. Do you think you can ever forgive me? I love you Abby. Please forgive me.”

She smiled and walked over to the bed, taking his hand in hers. “I’ve missed you too Tim.” She hesitated.

“What’s wrong Abby?” He was scared to death that she was going to say ’Yeah, I miss you too, but I can’t forgive you.’

He squeezed her hand. “Abbs?”

“I’m pregnant Tim.” she blurted out.

He stared at her, dumbfounded. “God Tim, I never meant for it to happen. I’m so sorry. Please don’t be mad. I’ll understand if...”

“Abby!” he cut off her rambling. She felt her stomach knot as she waited for his response. “Why on earth would I be mad? I wasn’t expecting it, but I certainly am not mad. How far along are you?”

She lowered her head. “Six weeks. I was so afraid to tell you.”

“Why?”

“I didn’t know how you would handle it. I was so afraid you would leave me. I didn’t want to go through this alone. I couldn‘t handle you walking away from me and the baby.”

“Abby honey, you know I would never do that. I love you so much. I’m so sorry for all the hurt I put you through. I want you and I want this baby so bad. It took me almost getting killed to realize what a jerk I have been to you. I was so stupid. Do you think we can make this work?”

She nodded at him. “Yeah, I think we’re going to be just fine.”

He gently pulled her closer and kissed her. “I love you Abby.” he whispered to her.

“I love you too Tim.” They kissed again just as the nurse came in the room.

“Well, I see you’re feeling better mister McGee.” she said playfully.

Tim gently caressed Abby’s cheek and smiled. “I’m feeling fantastic.”

After the nurse finished and left, they sat and talked until Tim faded off to sleep. Abby sat by his bed watching him. For the first time in days, she actually felt truly happy.