- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's the day of Kate's funeral
The next morning, Tim awoke to find Abby putting on her makeup and fixing her hair.

“Hey you, got a hot date?” he said playfully.

She looked at him and gave him a sad smile. “Actually, Kate’s funeral is today.”

“Oh, sorry.”

She was teary eyed. “Don’t be sorry, you didn’t know. I have to leave shortly to get to DC on time. I’ll be back later tonight. Are you going to be all right?”

“Yeah, I’m sure my parents will be here later.”

“Speaking of your parents, when are we going to tell them about the baby?”

“They don’t know?”

She shook her head. “Tony and Ducky know. Becca does too. Nobody else does though. I wanted to wait until you were feeling up to it to tell your mom and dad.”

“Does Gibbs know?”

She smiled at him. “No. Why? Are you afraid of what he’s going to do to you when he finds out?”

He laughed. “No, but I want to see the look on his face.”

She finished her hair and walked over to the bed. “Yeah, me too. It should be interesting.”

She kissed him then patted him on the arm. “I gotta get going. I’ll see you later tonight.”

He nodded. “I love you Abbs” he said as she headed out the door.

She smiled. “I love you too Tim.”

--------------------------------------------------------

She spent the drive to DC thinking about anything but Kate. She didn’t want to get herself more depressed than she was going to be. She was running baby names through her head, trying to figure out what it was going to be like once the baby arrived and how Tim was going to be a great dad. She reached the cemetery and parked the car. She walked over to Gibbs, Ducky and Tony.

“Hi guys.” She noticed how rough Tony looked. “Are you going to be okay?” she asked as she took his hand.

“Yeah, I think so.”
She squeezed his hand. “Remember, I’m always here if you need to talk. I’m only a phone call away.”

He smiled at her with tears in his eyes. “Thanks Abbs. Don’t worry; you’ll be the first one I call.”

She hugged him then they all walked over to where the service was being held.

After the service they went to the wake. Many tears were shed and many storied were shared. Afterwards, she and Tony went for coffee. They sat and talked for hours. She told Tony she had told Tim about the baby and he was excited about it. Tony had smiled and said ‘I told you so’. Before she realize it, it was getting late in the evening. She called Tim at the hospital and he told her to stay at home for the night. He didn’t want her driving all the way back to Norfolk when she was tired and upset. Plus he said she needed a break since she had practically lived in the hospital since he arrived. After promising he we be okay without her, she finally agreed to go home, telling him she would be back in the morning. Tony and Abby finished up at the coffee shop and after giving Tony a hug and a kiss on the cheek, she went home. She laid in her bed that night with her hands on her stomach thinking about her and Tim’s future. She fell asleep with a smile on her face.