- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tim tries to get his life back on track.
When Tim was released from the hospital, Abby moved in with him. Tony, Gibbs and Ducky had helped her move all her things to his apartment. After a few days, Abby went back to work.

Almost two months after that Tim was released by his doctor for desk work. Gibbs, Tony, Ducky and Abby gave him a small welcome back party upon his return. It was then that Gibbs gave Tim the news that he was no longer a probationary agent.

Tony had jokingly pouted and complained about not having anyone to call ‘probie’ anymore. Tim had laughed and told him he was free to call him that anytime. He was touched when Tony responded very seriously that Tim had earned his promotion and the respect that went along with it. He felt so lucky to work with the people he considered his extended family.

The weeks continued to fly past after his return. Abby’s pregnancy progressed beautifully and Tim was cleared for field duty again. In the fall, Abby and Tim bought a house together. Abby was starting to show and was amused at how Tim would spend every extra minute he had working on the nursery. She enjoyed that he would wait on her hand and foot as well.

Gibbs, Tony and Ducky were worse. They doted on her at work and did everything for her. Gibbs would come in her lab, smiling from ear to ear, and put his hands on her stomach to feel the baby kick. She had a feeling that Gibbs was going to spoil the baby rotten.

Tony would constantly check on her, asking if she was okay until she would get annoyed and tell him to go away.

Ducky was still the same old Ducky. He would ramble on about anything even remotely related to babies when she was around. She sat in her lab one day and realized just how lucky she was and how she wouldn’t change a thing.

In early December, Tim and Becca threw a surprise baby shower. Everyone Abby knew was there, even Tony and Gibbs. After she opened her last baby gift, Tim handed her a small gift.

She looked at him suspiciously as everyone else watched. She opened the box and gasped. She looked at him with tears in her eyes.

He smiled at her and got down on his knee in front of her. “Abbs, we’ve been through so much this year. Some good, some not so good. I almost lost you once and I’m not taking that chance again. I think you know how much I love you.”

He took the ring from the box and slipped it on her finger. “Abby, will you do me the honor of marrying me?”

She started to cry. “Oh Tim. I love you. Of course I will marry you.”

Everyone cheered as Tim helped her to her feet and hugged her.

“You’ve made me so happy Abbs. God I love you,” he whispered in her ear. He kissed her and held her tightly.