- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby gets some advice from Gibbs and her and Tim have a talk.
Gibbs walked into Abby’s lab to find her sobbing at her computer.

“Abbs.”

She turned to see Gibbs in the doorway.

“Hey Gibbs. You haven’t hurt McGee have you? It wasn’t totally his fault.”

Gibbs smiled and walked over and sat on the edge of her table. “Nah, he was scared though.”

She laughed a little.

“So, want to talk about it?”

She wiped her eyes. “Sure, it was really stupid actually. It started out with him saying he wanted me to stay home after the baby came. Of course I objected. I don’t know how, but things went down hill from there. We had a huge fight. He slept on the couch. I hate fighting with him. We haven’t fought since before he was hurt.”

Gibbs laughed slightly. “Abbs let me tell you something. Trust me, after being married three times, I can honestly tell you there is no such thing as a perfect relationship. You guys are going to disagree about things. Throw in Christmas and you being pregnant, of course you guys are going to be stressed. He’s upstairs looking like a lost puppy right now. He’s just as upset as you. Talk to him. I’ve learned that too. Lack of communication is not good. Sorry can go a long way.”

She stared at him in disbelief, he surprised her.

“Wow Gibbs. I never thought of you as the type to give marriage advice.” She smiled as he laughed at her.

“Yeah, I know,” He stood up and headed to the door. “I’m sending McGee down here and you two better work this out, you hear me?”


Tim peeked into Abby’s lab. She was sitting in her chair, absently caressing her stomach. She looked up at him when he walked in the door.

“Hey Abbs.”

She burst into tears and he went to her. He pulled her up from the chair and held her. “Please don’t cry Abby. I hate it when you cry. I’m sorry I upset you last night. I was being such a jerk.”

She pulled back slightly and looked at him. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have yelled at you.”

He brushed a tear from her cheek. “I’m worried about you Abbs. Are you all right?”

“I’m sorry Tim.”

“Abby honey, please talk to me, tell me what’s wrong.”

“I’m just…I don’t know what. God Tim, I feel like a cow. I can’t see my feet, I can’t pick things up when I drop them and even my maternity clothes are not fitting right. I cry at the drop of a hat. The stupidest things upset me. I’m just so mixed up right now. I shouldn’t be taking it out on you though.” She started tearing up again.

He gently framed her face with his hands and kissed her. “Abby, you are more beautiful than ever. Don’t you dare for one second think any different.”

“I’m scared Tim. I’m worried that I am going to screw things up. I get so upset when I think about being a mom. I’m afraid I won’t know what to do, I keep thinking that after the baby is born, I’m still going to be all fat and stuff and you won’t…”

“Stop it Abby. Just stop.” He put his hands on her stomach. “Seeing you like this is the best thing I have ever laid eyes on. This baby means so much to me. You mean so much to me. We are going to be fine. You are going to be a great mother. I know it. You are one of the most loving and caring people I have ever known. You are not alone here Abby. You know I will do anything for you. I love you Abby, and nothing is ever going to change that. Do you understand?”

She nodded.

“Please don’t do this to yourself Abbs. Promise me.”

She put her hands on top of his and smiled at him “I promise.”

They both smiled when they felt the baby kick. She hugged him and he stole a quick kiss before heading back up to the bullpen. At the end of the day, everyone wished each other a good night and agreed to meet at Tim and Abby’s house for Christmas dinner.