- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby and Tim make up, but will it stay that way?
Mild spoilers for Caught On Tape, Pop Life, Eye For An Eye and Bikini Wax
The next morning Abby arrived in her lab to find a dozen long stem red roses. At first she felt like marching them up to his desk and telling him where he could put them. The she realized that wouldn’t be so smart, Gibbs wouldn’t be too happy. She saw the small card tucked in the flowers and had to smile as she read the note.



~Abbs,

I am such a jerk. Please forgive me. I know right now you probably hate me and I don’t blame you. Can we please be friends?

~Love you



She put the roses on another counter out of her workspace. She started her work for the day thinking about him.

Kate and Tim came into the lab a little later on. After giving Abby $20 for the bet they had made about Kate before they had their fight the night before, he headed up to the bullpen to work on their current case. He noticed he had an e-mail from Abby. He opened it and smiled as he read.



Tim,



Thanks for the twenty bucks; Kate and I will enjoy lunch on you today. Glad to see your lip isn’t so bad. Oh, thanks for the roses. They’re beautiful. And yes, we can be friends. I’ll talk to you later. (Now delete this before Gibbs sees it) :-)

Abbs



“Something amusing McGee?”

Tim quickly hit the delete key at the sound of Gibbs voice. He itched the side of his neck. “Uh, no boss.”

“Good. Did you and DiNozzo find anything during your search?”

Tim absently scratched at his arm.

“Yeah, Tony is supposed to drop it off to Abby.”

Gibbs noticed he was itching.

“McGee, you do know what poison ivy looks like, don’t you?” He grimaced. “I do now.”

Gibbs had to hide his smile as Tim continued to scratch.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



A little while later, Tony walked into the lab to drop off the evidence.

“Hey Abbs, nice roses. From anybody I know?”

She just smiled. “You’d love to know wouldn’t you? They’re from a friend.”

Tony smirked at her. “A friend huh? Must be a pretty good friend. Male or female?”

She laughed at Tony. “None of your business DiNozzo. Now go away before Gibbs kicks you in the ass.”

“Ok, fine.”

He turned to leave. “By the way, I wouldn’t go near McGee any time soon.”

She paused, wondering if Tony knew more than he was letting on.

“Why?”

Tony turned back around. “He spent the morning searching for evidence in a patch of poison ivy.”

She noticed the evil smirk on Tony’s face.

“Did you do that on purpose?”

“Who, me? Do you think I would do something like that?”

“Without a doubt.”

“You wound me Abbs.” He laughed as he left her lab.

She sighed; satisfied that Tony was none the wiser.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Later in the day, Tim came into her lab. She freaked when she saw him.

“What?”

“Have you looked in a mirror lately?”

She handed him a CD. He made a face as he looked at his reflection.

“This is going to hurt, isn’t it?”

“Yes.”

“I look like a circus freak.”

Abby felt bad for him, but her thoughts were interrupted when Gibbs came into the lab looking for information on the evidence.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The days went by, Tim’s poison ivy cleared up, the case was solved and things seemed to be going OK. Abby and Tim had talked and had agreed to take a little break and let things cool off. Another case came and went with nothing unusual happening, well except for the super glue incident with Palmer and Abby. Tim had to admit it was actually kind of cool to have Palmer afraid of him, but he did apologize to make Abby happy. The next case had Tony and Kate heading off to Paraguay chasing their suspect. That case was particularly sucky. He had gotten on Gibbs bad side with the coffee incidents and watching their suspect getting blown away on the MTAC screen was a little unnerving. Not long after they returned came the case of the petty officer murdered at the bikini contest. After that wrapped up, Tony headed off for his vacation in Panama Beach. The rest of the team had a slow week, catching up on paperwork and other not so exciting aspects of their jobs. Tim found himself getting annoyed again. He started noticing Abby was paying a lot of attention to Gibbs and saying some weird things to him. At first he was getting kind of pissed off, then he told himself he was acting stupid again.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The Sunday before Tony came back, Abby and Tim went out to dinner. After dinner, Tim dropped Abby off at her house. He walked her to the front door and waited for her to find her key.

“I had a nice night Abbs.”

She smiled. “Me too, thanks.”

She opened the door and turned to face him.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you at work tomorrow.”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

They stood staring at each other for a few seconds before he leaned in and kissed her softly. He smiled at her.

“I gotta go Abbs, I’ll see you in the morning.”

As he went to leave, she grabbed his hand.

“Stay. Please?”

He cupped her cheek with his hand and gently brushed her cheek with his thumb and smiled at her again.

“Are you sure?”

She nodded. “I miss you Tim. I miss having you next to me. Please stay with me.”

Without any further words he took her by the hands and led her into the house, closing the door behind them.
Chapter End Notes:
Weird title, I know. I couldn't come up with any thing, so it's based on McGee's unfortunate incident in Caught On Tape.