- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tim has a big surprise for Abby and both have some surprises for the rest of the team.
Tim arrived home to find the house empty. He found a note Becca had left for him on the kitchen table.

Tim,

Abby has no idea. We are going to mom and dad’s house. I will be waiting for you to call her.
Dinner is ready to go, all you have to do is put it in the oven. I told mom what’s up and she is going to try and talk Abby into letting her keep Caitlin for the night to give you guys a break. She is going to be so surprised!

You owe me for this mister!!

Becca

Tim smiled as he read the note. He started getting things ready and put dinner in the oven before taking a shower and changing his clothes. He called Abby from his cell phone so she wouldn’t see the house number on her caller ID.

Abby answered cheerfully. “Hey babe, are you off yet?”

“Actually, I don’t know when I’ll be out of here.”

He felt kind of bad when Abby responded, not sounding so cheerful anymore. “Oh. Is Gibbs keeping you late again?”

“Yeah. I’m really sorry honey. Where are you? I called the house and you didn’t answer.”

He tried to sound convincing.

“Oh, Becca brought me and Caitlin to your parents’ house for a visit. Your mom is going to keep Caitlin overnight. I wish you didn’t have to work so late.”

“I know. When are you heading home?”

“Soon. I guess since you are working, I can use the time alone to get some things done around the house.”

“Don’t worry about that Abbs. Just relax tonight. Maybe I can annoy Gibbs into letting me out of here and we can have the night alone.”

She smiled at the thought “Okay. I’ll call you when I get home to see how it’s going. I won’t be much longer.”

“Sounds good. I love you Abbs.”

She smiled. “I love you too Tim. I’ll see you later tonight.”

Tim hung up feeling guilty for misleading her, but knew she was going to be extremely happy when she got home.

Twenty minutes later, Becca dropped Abby off at home. She was trying hard not to give anything away. Abby sighed as she opened the door, expecting to be home alone for the night. A smile spread across her face as she saw Tim standing in the front hall holding a single long stem red rose. The house was lit only by candles.

He smiled at her. “Surprised?”

She ran to him and put her arms around him and kissed him passionately. He held her tightly for a few minutes and whispered in her ear. “I miss holding you like this.”

She kissed him again, “I miss being held Tim.”

They stood holding each other for a few more minutes before they separated. “Come on, dinner’s ready.”

She smiled again. “Becca was in on this wasn’t she?”

He nodded. “So was mom.”

She swatted him playfully on his arm “You are just too sneaky mister McGee.”

He took her hand. “But you love me anyway misses McGee.”

She squeezed his hand. “Always.”

They walked to the kitchen hand in hand.


Tim walked into the bullpen the next morning looking very happy. Tony gave him an odd look before a smile spread across his face, making Tim wonder what was up. He noticed the new agent wasn’t there.

“So where’s the new girl?” he asked Tony.

“She requested a transfer,” responded Gibbs as he walked past him.

Tim figured that was the reason Tony was smiling. “Hey boss.” Tim said as he went to his own desk. Gibbs also gave him a strange look which really made him wonder what was going on.

“So?” Gibbs asked.

“You will both be happy to know that we picked a date. April fifteenth. Abby and I want to take you two and Ducky out to lunch to discuss some details. Okay with you two?”

“Oh, so you two actually talked last night?” Tony asked, wagging his eyebrows.

“What does that mean?” Tim asked giving Tony a strange look.

“Nothing. You should have worn a different shirt today though.”

Tim looked puzzled.

Gibbs started laughing. “What DiNozzo is so subtlety trying to say is your shirt collar doesn’t cover up the huge hickey on the side of your neck.”

Tim felt his face blush as Gibbs and Tony laughed. They both spent the rest of the morning teasing Tim about it.

Abby came in with Caitlin just before lunch. She noticed Tim’s neck and gave him a nervous look.

“Don’t worry, they’ve already seen it. I’ve been hearing about it all morning.” Tim told her before giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

“Sorry, guess I got carried away.” She saw Tony smirking at his desk. “Shut up Tony. You know you’re just jealous,” she teased him playfully.

Tony stood up and walked over to Abby. “Me? Jealous of McGee? Don’t think so.” He gave her a hug and she smiled at him.

“Since you want to make fun of my husband, you can hold Caitlin for me while I go get Ducky.”

She handed the baby to Tony and he made a face. “Come on Abbs, I have no idea what I’m doing, what if I break her?”

Tim laughed and Gibbs rolled his eyes. “It doesn’t take a rocket scientist DiNozzo.” Gibbs said before walking over to Tony and gently taking the baby from him. He cradled Caitlin and rocked her as he walked over and sat at his desk. The three of them stared at Gibbs. “What?”

“Nothing.” all three said in unison. Abby smiled as she watched Gibbs gently rock the baby and speak softly to her. He seemed like it was so natural. She made a mental note to ask him about certain things later on. She went down to autopsy to get Ducky then they all headed out to lunch.

Over lunch, Tim and Abby explained some of the details of the wedding. They were going to have a small, informal gathering. It was to be held outside at a small bed and breakfast overlooking the Chesapeake Bay. They planned on having the ceremony timed so they would exchange vows at sunset. Abby, of course, was going to wear a black dress and they were writing their own vows. Abby chose Becca as her maid of honor. Tim asked Tony to be his best man. He accepted, saying it would be an honor.

Abby surprised Gibbs and Ducky by asking them both to walk her down the aisle. They both readily agreed as well. Tim swore he saw tears in Gibbs eyes, not that he would ever call him on it. They finished lunch and Abby kissed Tim goodbye before taking Caitlin back home and Tim, Tony, Gibbs and Ducky headed back to the office.