- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jealousy gets the best of Tim
Tim arrived at work in a very cheerful mood. After they got the call out for the petty officer that was supposedly assaulted at her home, he really didn’t get much of a chance to talk to Abby. Then Gibbs basically had him pull an all nighter trying to retrieve the information from the petty officer’s cell phone.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



The next morning Tim snuck down to Abby’s lab while Gibbs was busy. He crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her on her neck.

“McGee! Are you trying to get us busted? What if Gibbs comes down here?”

He placed another kiss behind her ear. “Don’t worry, he’s busy. Besides, I’ll take him a coffee when I go back.”

“Come on Tim, you know our one rule.”

He let her go and stepped back. “I know, not at work. I just didn’t get the chance to really see you yesterday.” She turned to face him. “That’s sweet Tim, but really, if I don’t have something for Gibbs soon, he’s going to kill me.”

He pouted at her. “Since when are you afraid of Gibbs?”

She smiled. “I’m not. I just don’t want you to get in trouble.”

He smiled back at her. “I won’t. I just wanted to say hi. I guess I’ll go before he realizes I’m gone. I’ll try to stop down later to see how things are going, Ok?”

She nodded. “Sure.”

He stole a quick kiss and left the lab before she could yell at him again.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Later in the day, he headed back down to the lab again. As he rounded the corner, he saw Gibbs coming out of the lab. Just as he stepped out, his cell phone rang.

“Yeah, Gibbs.”

He watched as Gibbs rolled his eyes, turned around and went back in. Gibbs had not seen him in the hall and he quietly stood outside the door listening to them.

“See this?” He heard Abby ask.

“Yes.” Gibbs responded.

“I cut myself today installing a graphics card in my computer.”

“Ok, you want me to kiss it or something?”

“That would be really nice, but not my point.”

Tim started getting pissed. He listened as Abby explained what she had found.

He heard Gibbs tell her “Great work Abbs.”

Then there was a slight pause. “Feel better?”

Abby responded in a cheerful voice “Much”.

He ducked out of sight as Gibbs exited the lab and headed back up to the bullpen.

He waited a minute before he went in the lab. She didn’t see him walk in the door. He cleared his throat and she spun around to see who was there.

“Oh, hey Tim. What’s up?”

She noticed he looked really mad, which was strange since he was in such a good mood that morning.

“Is something wrong? I thought we were good.”

“Are we?”

“What are you talking about?”

“What’s the story with you and Gibbs?”

“What the hell do you mean?”

“Let’s see, after Sunday night I thought we had worked things out, then today you’re in here falling all over Gibbs.”

“What? You’re nuts Tim.”

“Am I? What was that little scene just now, here in the lab?”

“What? Were you listening to us? What the hell is your problem? Are you jealous or something?”

“No. Are you saying there is a reason for me to be? Was I right that time I asked you if you had ever thought about somebody else? Is that why you were so worried about him coming down here earlier? Were you afraid he would catch you?”

She narrowed her eyes at him. “You know what McGee?”

He knew it wasn’t good when she switched to his last name. She stepped over to him and stared him straight in the face.

“As far as I’m concerned, you can take a hike. I don’t need this shit.”

“Fine with me. I’m not going to sit around wondering who you’re chasing from day to day.”

Suddenly she slapped him across the face.

“You bastard! Get the hell out of my lab!”

He stood his ground and when she raised her hand to slap him again, he grabbed her by the wrist. The look in his eyes scared her.

“Let me go!”

She tried to pull her arm away from him, but he only tightened his grip.

"Is this what you want Abby? Just say the word and I'm gone"

She looked him straight in the eye. "Fuck off McGee!"

He let her arm go and silently turned and left her lab. She stood for a few seconds in shock before she sank back into her chair with tears running down her face. She sat rubbing her wrist, which she was pretty sure would bruise.

"Why do I love him so much?" she asked out loud to no one.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Several days went by after their case was solved and not much else was going on but paperwork. Tim and Abby had hardly said a word to each other. If the others noticed, they weren’t letting on. Abby had worn a wide bracelet to cover up the bruise Tim had left on her wrist. The weekend came and with nothing new on the agenda, Gibbs had sent them home and told them to have a nice weekend.
Chapter End Notes:
Spoilers for Conspiracy Theory