- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby gets a huge surprise.
After the case was solved, things quieted down for a while. There hadn’t been a new case for over a week and a half. Everyone was going stir crazy.

Abby and Tim put up a good front around the others and nobody seemed to notice the way Abby would give Tim the death stare when they were in the same room together. The stress of acting like everything was fine was really starting to get to her.

She had mentioned to Kate how crappy she was feeling lately. Kate had reminded her of their upcoming girls weekend at the spa which cheered her up. She was really looking forward to getting away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disaster struck when Gibbs had forced everybody to work overtime. Her and Kate’s plans flew out the window.

She was in her lab when Kate came to see her.

“Hey Abby.”

“Hey Kate.”

“I can’t believe Gibbs did this. I am so mad.”

“Yeah. I know.”

Abby looked like she was tearing up.

Kate gave her a concerned look. “You ok Abby? You’ve been really down lately. Is something wrong?”

Abby shook her head. “Nah. I just haven’t been feeling too good lately. I’ve been really tired and just generally feeling lousy. I must have caught a bug somewhere.”

“You sure that’s it?”

Kate gave her a questioning look.

“What are you talking about Kate?”

“Come on Abby, you know what I mean.”

Abby started to laugh. “Kate, are you seriously asking me if I’m pregnant?”

Kate smiled. “Well?”

“No way! I’m just not feeling good. I swear.”

Kate gave her a look. “If you say so.”

“I’m not!”

“Ok Abby. I have to go. Gibbs will have my head if I don’t get back upstairs. I’ll catch you later. Remember, I’m here if you want to talk.”

Kate left the lab and Abby thought she was going to pass out.

“Oh my God.” she whispered.

She thought back to the last time she was with Tim. Then she realized that with everything going on, she hadn’t noticed she was over a week late for her period. She felt sick.

“Abby, what have you gotten yourself into?” she asked herself out loud.

Once the case was solved and Gibbs finally let them leave, her first stop on the way home was the pharmacy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later on, Abby sat on the floor of her bathroom, her back against the tub and her head resting on her knees.

The beeping of the alarm clock next to her startled her from her thoughts. She reached over and turned it off with a sigh.

She looked dreadfully at the plastic stick sitting on the toilet lid. She didn’t want to look. What was she going to do?

At this point in time, she hated Tim so much she’d rather punch him than look at him. She didn’t even want to think of how mad Gibbs was going to be.

She took a deep breath and picked up the stick.

Through the tears that were clouding her vision, she looked at it.

He was going to freak. How was she going to tell him? She picked herself up from the floor and put the test on the counter.

She walked into the bedroom and laid down and began sobbing. She fell asleep wondering how she was going to tell Tim she was having his baby.
Chapter End Notes:
Spoilers for Hometown Hero