- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby keeps her secret from Tim, but when disaster strikes, she regrets her choice.
Monday morning, she decided she was just going to get him alone and tell him straight out. If he freaked and bolted, then she would know what kind of person he really was. If he was happy and stuck around, she would have to find a way to forgive him.

She had just about worked up the courage to send him an e-mail to meet her in the lab when it happened. Tony opened that letter and everything went nuts.

After that, the only thing on the agenda was to figure out what was going on and save Tony. She was freaked out when Gibbs and Tim came into her lab in bio hazard suits. She was scared to death that he would be infected too. Then what would she have done?

By the time everything was over and Tony was safe, she had changed her mind. She was so afraid of scaring him off for good. She told herself she would wait just a little while longer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little while longer ended up turning into two weeks. Before she knew it, Tony was back from his medical leave. Her and Tim were being civil to each other, keeping up a good front in Gibbs presence. Neither of them wanted to face his wrath by bickering at work again.

She was so happy at seeing Tony alive and well, she decided she was finally going to tell Tim.

Then everything really went to hell.

Ari had shown back up and was targeting Gibbs. Once again everything took a back seat to the case. She had heard the team had found out what Ari was planning and had located his terrorist cell in Norfolk. She was really worried when they took off after him, especially after the freaky dream she had told Kate about.

She tried to do her work without too much worry, but had a nagging feeling that something was really wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not having her music on, she heard someone walk into her lab. She looked up to see Ducky standing there like he had just lost his best friend. Her stomach dropped.

“Ducky?”

Before he could answer, her cell phone rang.

“That would be Jethro.”

Ducky said. Abby gave him an odd look when she saw the caller ID indeed said it was Gibbs. Her hands began to shake.

“Hello?”

She could hear Gibbs breathing on the other end.

“Gibbs? What’s going on?”

The tone of his voice shocked her. He sounded like he had been crying.

“Abbs. I want you to go with Ducky.”

“What? Hold on, go where?”

He took a deep breath. “There’s been an incident Abby.”

She felt her blood pressure rise.

“Define incident Gibbs! What is going on?”

“Abby, Ari and his boys got the drop on us.”

His voice cracked on the next sentence.

“Kate is dead and McGee is on his way to the hospital. They aren’t sure if he’ll make it.”

“Oh God! No! Not Kate! No! Please no, not Tim!”

She dropped the phone and sank to the floor. Ducky rushed to her.

He picked up her phone and told Gibbs he would bring her to the hospital in Norfolk then hung up.

Abby was crying her heart out.

“Abigail, come on. You need to get up from the floor. We need to get to Norfolk.”

“No Ducky, you don’t understand. He can’t die. I never told him.”

Ducky helped her up from the floor and got her jacket.

“Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure Timothy know how you feel about him.”

She shook her head and wiped her eyes.

“No, that’s not it Ducky. We’ve been dating for months now. Oh God, I should have told him weeks ago.”

After a few seconds, Ducky nodded in understanding.

“Come on, we can talk in the car.”

She nodded as Ducky led her from the lab.
Chapter End Notes:
Spoilers for SWAK and Twilight.I added a twist to Twilight. What if Kate wasn't the only one to get shot?