- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is the first 2 chappys. Please send me feedback. No one gave me any on my last fic. Disclaimer: I don't own these characters and I'm not rich and probably never will. P.S. All I want for christmas is to own NCIS!!!!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate's past is coming back to haunt her. Can they stop someone from killing off her family and her.

Chapter 1


-------
Danny cried out as the knife plunged over and over into his back. The pain seemed too harsh to be real. He saw his life flash before him, then black spots invaded his visionand slowly overtook him as blood flowed from his body. Creating a river of death.

"Katie..." he whispered. His last word was not of concern for himself, but for thoses left behind. Danny took one last gasping breath and died.

A smile spread over the knife weilders face as he looked at his handiwork. He almost couldn't wait until next time.


-------

"Hey mom. I'm at work. Can this wait? It can't? No, I haven't seen him. Okay, I'll look into it. Love ya. Bye," Kate Todd hung up her phone and looked over to Tony. By his smile she could tell he only heard the last part of the conversation.

"Oooooooooooh, who was that," Tony asked childishly, "your boyfriend?"

"My mom, Tony," Kate replied.

"What's up?" Tony pressed.

"My brother's missing. Where's Gibbs?" Kate answered quickly as she scanned the room for her boss.

Tony's smile turned quickly into a frown,"Getting coffee," he said, "Sorry about your brother."

"Tony, since when do you care about how I feel?!" Kate asked angrily and overreacting slightly.

"Whoa! Kate you're my partner. Of course I care," Tony defended himslef.

Tony's defence however was cut short when Gibbs strolled into the bullpen with Mcgee trailing behind him holding sevral cups of coffee. Mcgee handed one each to Tony and Kate.

"What did DiNozzo do this time?" Gibbs asked with some amusement.

"It doesn't matter," Kate sighed,"I gotta call from my mom. Danny's missing."

"Your brother?," he asked, his amusement turned to concern.

"NO, my 3rd cousin twice removed!" Kate yelled sarcastically, "Of course my brother!"

Mcgee stood to the side, trying to avoid an unpleasant conversation. "Ummm, Kate," he ventured.

"Yeah Mcgee?" she asked tiredly.

"Well Gibbs and I just got back from autopsy and... your brother isn't missing," Mcgee informed her. He braced himself you her yelling, her disbeleif, but instead...

"Oh goodness no!" she whispered sadly as tears welled up in her eyes.

Tony was slightly taken aback. He never thought he'd see someone as strong as Kate breakdown.

"Gibbs..." Tony looked at his boss, "Do we have the case?"

"Yes. Daniel Todd was a petty officer," he answered. "Ok Tony, you're coming with me. Mcgee find out his plans for the day he was killed and Kate you'd better inform your parents and make a physical id."

"Sure," she said in between sobs.

Kate picked up the phone and sighed heavily. She called her mom. Toyn looked back at her worriedly as he left.

After Kate called her mom, she headed towards autopsy. She wanted to see for herself.


----------

Chapter 2

The crime scene was a bloody mess, literally. The house looked ransacked from the struggle. It was obvious that Danny didn't go quietly.

Gibbs started to bag the evidence whist Tony snapped some pictures. Tony noticed a note lying on the kitchen table.

"Boss, we got a note," Tony alerted his boss who read it aloud.

'Poor poor Katie. Another close to you lies dead, but don't wory your sufference is nearing its end. For who can suffer when they're dead. Only the death of one other will plague you until you die.'

The note wasn't signed and was written in what looked suspiciously like blood.

"Tony c'mon, we have to find out who the next vic is and why he's after Agent Todd," Gibbs said.

They finished up at the crime scene and returned to NCIS headquarters.

When Tony entered the bullpen he noticed that Kate was once again in tears. He placed a hand on her slender shoulder.

"Kate?" he asked tentively.

"Yeah." she answered softly. She carefully wiped the tears from her face.

"Dont' worry we'll catch him, I promise we'll catch him," he comforted.

She looked up at Tony. Trembling, she offered him a small smile.

Gibbs waked in a cut off Tony's attemps to comfort Kate. 'Insensitive Bastard,' Tony thought to himself.

"Kate, who'd want to hurt you? Any threats from previous cases, what about family greivences? Also who else is close to you? They might be next," Gibbs announced.

It took a moment for the information to sink in. Someone was after her.

"I dunno, no, no and my mom," she answered all of his questions.

"Tony take Kate to her mother's. You're on protection detail until further notice," Gibbs ordered.

"I won't take my eyes off her," Tony joked.

"Tony..." Gibbs said witha dangerous edge in his voice.

"Sorry," he apologized quickly, "C'mon Kate, lets go pay your mother a visit."

Chapter End Notes:
This is the first 2 chappys. Please send me feedback. No one gave me any on my last fic. Disclaimer: I don't own these characters and I'm not rich and probably never will. P.S. All I want for christmas is to own NCIS!!!!