- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Melinda goes to see Tony
Melinda walked up to the first address Kate had written on the paper. She rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, a tall man came to the door.

He looked to be about in his late twenties, with green eyes and short brown hair.

"Um... are you Tony DiNozzo?" she asked. His eyes widened in shock.

"How do you know me?" he said. Melinda sighed.

"It's a long story." she said nervously. Tony smiled.

"I've got time." he said, sweeping Melinda inside the door.

Melinda sat down on the chair Tony had indicated for her.

"My name's Melinda Gordon." she said before he had a chance to
open his mouth. He merely nodded and sat down on a chair opposite Melinda.

"So... what brings you here?" he asked. She looked at him.

"Um... I know you won't believe me, but here it goes. I have an ability, or gift you could call it. I can see ghosts, earthbound spirits who haven't crossed over yet. Usually they have unfinished business or revenge that enables them to cross over." Tony held up his hand to stop her.

"Is it Kate?" he asked quietly. Melinda nodded. Tony looked around. "Is she here right now?" he asked. Just then Kate appeared behind Tony.

"Tell him I am." she said. Melinda nodded.

"She's right behind you." she said. Tony looked bewildered.

"Kate, can you hear me?" he said.

"She can." Melinda replied. Tony turned around.

"Oh, Kate, I miss you." he said softly. Kate looked at Melinda.

"Tell him I miss him too, and I love him." Melinda repeated the information to Tony.

"I love you too." he replied. Melinda noticed that Kate smiled.

"Tell him I'm sorry that we never went after our chance to be together." Melinda said this to Tony. He immediately looked regretful.

"Kate, you don't know how I feel. I wish I had been the one that was shot by Ari that day, not you." Kate started to cry softly.

"I know Tony, I know. I wish no one had died." Tony turned to face Melinda.

"What did she say?" he asked her.

"She said she knows, and she wishes no one had died." Tony was
saddened by her answer.

"I wish no one had died either." he said glumly. Kate put her hand on his shoulder. Then she vanished. Tony looked up. "She left, didn't she?" Melinda nodded.

"But she didn't cross over." Tony breathed a small sigh of relief. "I need to talk to someone else." Melinda said. Tony looked at her.

"Who?" he asked.

"Jethro Gibbs." Melinda replied.

"You'll need to go to our work to talk with him. He's hardly ever home. If he is, he's in his basement, working on his boat." Tony said.

"Where does he work?" Melinda asked.

"Same place I do." Tony replied, "NCIS."
Chapter End Notes:
This is the second part to Kate's Crossing! I hope y'all enjoy it