- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate tells Melinda her story.
Melinda carefully maneuvered her car down the street. She was wondering how to get to the NCIS building Tony had mentioned.

"I can help you get to NCIS." said a familiar voice beside her. She jumped when she saw Kate beside her. Kate smiled. "Well, I can. I used to work there. That's how I died..."

*FLASHBACK*

Kate, Gibbs, and Tony were up on the roof, trying to find Ari.

"SHOOTER!" Kate yelled suddenly as she leaped in front of Gibbs to stop a bullet. She fell to the ground when she was hit.

"Kate!" Tony and Gibbs yelled. They ran over to her and were relieved to see that the bullet was caught in her bullet proof vest. Tony looked at her concerned.

"Are you OK?" he asked.

"Ow. I just got shot at point-blank range, DiNozzo, what do you think?"

"Protection detail's over, Kate." Gibbs said.

"You did good." Tony added as he helped Kate up.

"For once, DiNozzo's right." Gibbs remarked. Kate smiled.

"I thought I'd die before I heard-" Kate never finished her sentence. The agents heard a crack as a shot rang out. They watched in horror as Kate fell to the ground, a bullet hole in her forehead.

*END FLASH BACK*

Melinda looked at Kate sympathetically.
"I'm...I'm sorry." she said. Kate sighed,
"I am too."



15 minutes later, with Kate giving directions, Melinda reached NCIS. As she parked, she was surprised when Kate got out of the car.
"I want to see the place. But, I think you can find your way in on your own. I'll be back later." she said. Then Kate vanished.
Chapter End Notes:
Third part to my KATE'S CROSSING series. Crossover with Ghost Whisperer.