- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva gets haunted.
Ziva David got in her car and drove home. She was still pondering over what had happened in the office that day. She'd overheard Melinda talking to Gibbs, and wondered what she meant when she'd said she could see the dead. Ziva hadn't known Kate, as Abby had pointed out in the elevator, but that hadn't stopped her form being curious about the woman whose place she had taken. She noticed that while everyone seemed to be recovering from losing her, they still missed her. Ziva sometimes caught Abby down in her lab staring at a picture. It was a picture of a bat, with Abby's face. Ziva suspected that Kate had drawn it. And when she'd first started at NCIS, Gibbs and Tony hadn't let her sit at Kate's desk. It was as if they expected her to walk out of the elevator and sit down. Ziva had changed that when she'd found Kate's sketchbook with pictures she'd drawn in it and given it to Gibbs. She was jolted out of her thoughts when she arrived home, but that didn't stop her from thinking about it. As Ziva walked through her door, she never noticed that Kate followed her inside.

As Ziva started to cook her dinner, Kate got a good look around her house. She noticed a piano in the living room, and a couple of doors down her hallway. Other than that, her house seemed totally normal. Kate walked back over to where Ziva was standing and watched her cooking. She seemed good at it. Kate guessed her food was Italian. She watched the agent for a few more minutes, and then decided it was time to make her presence known.

Ziva decided to not think about what happened at the office while she was cooking. Cooking was something she was good at, and it took her mind off of her troubles. All of a sudden the water in the pot in front of her splashed. She stepped back, relieved that she hadn't gotten burned. Then the lights in her house started flickering on and off, slowly at first then faster. Ziva was starting to get a bit freaked. She pulled out her gun.

"I know you're there! Come out or I'll shoot!" She yelled. Kate smiled at the agent's fear. She kept up the light show for a few minutes, then stopped. Ziva sighed. She remembered that Melinda had said spirit's energy affected their surroundings. Without thinking through the why of it, Ziva pulled out her phone book. She remembered that Melinda's last name was Gordon. There was a listing for a Jim and Melinda Gordon. Ziva picked up her phone and dialed, hoping someone would pick up.
Chapter End Notes:
Part 5 of the Kate's Crossing Series. Crossover with Ghost Whisperer. I love feedback!!