- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Melinda visits Ziva to find out who's haunting her.
"Hello?" Melinda said as she picked up the phone.

"Yes, is this Melinda?" a voice on the other end of the phone said.

"Yeah. Who is this?"

"Ziva David, from NCIS." Ziva said.

"Oh! Hey what's going on?" Melinda asked.

"I'm being…hunted? No, no, no, no, no. Haunted? Yes, that's it. Um, I think I'm being haunted. Could you come over please?" Ziva replied.

"Uh, yeah sure, give me the address. OK, thanks. I'll be there in 20 minutes." Melinda said. She told Jim she would be out for a while, assuring him that she would eat somewhere, then got in her car and drove to Ziva's.


Half an hour later, Melinda was sitting in Ziva's living room while the agent put on some tea for her.

"Would you like dinner?" Ziva's voice called from the kitchen.

"Sure." Melinda replied. When Ziva walked back into the living room, Melinda motioned for her to sit down. "So, who do you think is haunting you?" Melinda asked.

"I don't really know. I have my guesses. My half-brother, for instance. But I doubt it. He wasn't really the haunting type." Ziva said. Melinda nodded. Her glance fell on a spot near Ziva's shoulder. "What are you looking at?" Ziva asked.

"Your ghost." Melinda replied.

"Who is it?" Ziva asked earnestly. Melinda looked at her.

"Kate."

------------------

"Why would Kate be haunting me?" Ziva asked.

"Ask her." Melinda replied. Kate shrugged.
"Curiosity. There was something about you that was familiar." She said. Melinda relayed the information for Ziva, who closed her eyes.

"Are you OK?" Melinda asked.

"Yes, yes I'm fine. I know what she's talking about. I know who I remind her of." Ziva said. Her eyes snapped open. "Look, there's something Kate needs to know. Whatever she may hear, she needs to know that Gibbs did not kill Ari Haswari." She took a deep breath, "I did. When the director called me in, all I knew about this team was that they'd just had an agent die. I was assigned to keep Gibbs from going after Ari. I failed. He was in his basement. Ari entered, and held him at gunpoint. I had followed Gibbs, and went inside his house. I went down to the basement, Ari was about to shoot Gibbs. I stood at the top of the stairs and shot him. They said Gibbs did it to protect my cover. Kate needs to know this, because I know that Ari was the one who killed her. Abby was wrong. I have lost someone close to me. I do know that pain. Ari was my half-brother. I killed him." Ziva's voice had been calm until she said this. She broke down, quietly sobbing. After a few minutes, Ziva collected herself and looked up at Melinda.
"I am sorry you had to hear that." She said. Kate walked over and looked at Ziva.

"If it wasn't for your half-brother, I'd still be alive." She said to Ziva. Melinda quickly told Ziva this. Ziva looked up at where Kate's spirit was.

"You think that was easy, to kill one of my own family? It wasn't. I am sorry that you had to die, I truly am, but do not blame me for what my brother did. It isn't my fault." She said. Kate looked back at Melinda.

"I'm going. I'll be back to talk to Gibbs. Tell Ziva I'm sorry, too." Kate said as she vanished, leaving Ziva and Melinda alone.
Chapter End Notes:
Part 6 of the Kate's Crossing Series. Crossover with Ghost Whisperer. I love feedback!!