- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate finally gets to Gibbs
Gibbs was down in his basement, working on his boat as usual. The phone rang. Gibbs reached over and picked it up.

"Gibbs."

"Hey Gibbs, sorry to bother you."

"David? What are you doing calling at this time of night?"

"Gibbs, she was right."

"Who was?"

"Melinda Gordon. She can see spirits. Kate was over here. I could feel her, Gibbs."

"Why did she come to you? You didn't know her."

"Gibbs, she said I looked like someone she knew. She meant Ari. I told her…I told her what happened."

"Let me get this straight. You say my dead agent returned as a ghost, and you told her about you and Ari. You expect me to believe this, David?"

"I just thought that if you talked to Melinda, Gibbs. She's real, she's not a fake. Just give her a shot."

"I'm not going to have some psychic show up at my house claiming she can see Kate!" Gibbs said, slamming down the receiver. He began working on his boat again. About 30 minutes later the doorbell rang. Gibbs sighed and went upstairs. He flung open his door and saw Melinda standing in the doorway.
---------------------------------------------------
"What do you want?" Gibbs asked.

"To prove to you that I can see Kate. What's it going to take?" Melinda asked.

"A heck of a lot more than it took for you to prove to Ziva, Tony, and Abby."

"Just let me try."

"OK, but if you waste my time, you're not coming back." Gibbs warned. He let Melinda inside and let her sit down. Gibbs sat opposite her. Kate appeared next to Melinda and put a finger to her lips.

"OK where did Kate work before she came to NCIS?" Gibbs asked. Kate bent over and whispered in Melinda's ear.

"Secret Service, you met her on Air Force One" Melinda replied. Gibbs' eyes widened in shock. He continued questioning Melinda. When she got everything right, Gibbs sighed.

"You could've asked any of my other agents that, with the exception of Ziva." Gibbs said. He stood up and prepared to let Melinda out. Kate yelled "Wait!" She leaned over and told Melinda something.

"Wait, Gibbs" Melinda called, "That day in the coffee shop, Kate asked you why you brought her coffee from your dealer two blocks away. She said don't use rule number7. Rule number 7 is "Always be specific when you lie"

Gibbs turned around. "How do you know that?"

"Kate told me." Melinda said. Gibbs shut the door and sat back down.

"Ziva wasn't lying." He muttered. He looked up at Melinda. "You really can see Kate?" he said. Melinda nodded. Kate walked over to Gibbs and slapped him on the back of the head. Gibbs looked up. "What was that?" he said.

"I believe Kate just slapped you." Melinda said. Gibbs laughed.

"Geeze, Todd even when you're dead?" he said.

"Well that's for not believing Melinda." Melinda laughed and told Gibbs what Kate had said.

"Oh, Gibbs, don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault, you need to stop beating yourself up. Gibbs it's not going to do you any good. I'm dead, accept it. There was nothing you could have done. Ari planned it all along." Kate said. Melinda quickly relayed this to Gibbs.

"I'm so sorry, Katie." Gibbs murmured.

"You shouldn't be Gibbs. I'll miss you." Kate said. She turned and looked at Melinda. "I'm ready now."
Kate turned and looked at Gibbs one last time. "Bye Gibbs." She said softly. She then turned and crossed over, leaving Melinda and Gibbs behind.
Chapter End Notes:
I finished the story and I hope u like it!!! Feedback is welcome and appreciated.