- Text Size +
Jenny woke up with nightmares three times, Tony twice, insuring that Gibbs, who was watching over them, didn't get much more than an hour of sleep. It was only in the wee hours of the morning, near the time he normally would have awakened, that he finally drifted to sleep. And even then it wasn't a restful sleep.

It was close to 0800 when Gibbs finally opened his bloodshot eyes. The two people next to him were still sleeping, holding each other in their sleep. He got up and kissed both people before jumping into the shower. When he got out Jenny was not in the bed but Tony was still sleeping. Gibbs heard a noise from Jenny's room and went up to investigate. As he knocked he realized it sounded like the TV.

"Come in."

"Morning, sunshine, how are you feeling today?"

"I don't feel good."

Gibbs walked over and put his lips to her forehead. "You don't feel warm, but when Ducky comes over he can take a look at you."

"Does he have to?" Jenny was sitting in her pink chair, holding the teddy bear Gibbs had given her in the hospital.

"No, not if you don't want him to, but if you're sick it might be a smart idea, honey" Gibbs said, kneeling next to her.

"Okay, I guess," she said with a shrug.

"How about I make pancakes for everyone today?"

"Not hungry."

"Better be later with all the food for today's Thanksgiving feast."

"Do they have to come over?"

"Jenny, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, just wanna watch TV."

"Okay, honey. If you need us, we're right down the stairs, okay?"

Gibbs kissed her again and gave her a hug. She was pulling away from him, he could tell. She was putting up walls to not get hurt.

Gibbs went back down to his and Tony's bedroom and curled up with Tony, smiling into the eyes that opened sleepily. "Hey there, sexy, come here often?"

"Only to find a nice Marine. Know any?"

"Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I do."

Gibbs kissed Tony hard, the meeting of lips filled with love. Desperate for the contact of another human, this man he loved specifically, Tony opened his mouth, wordlessly inviting Gibbs to make love to his mouth with his tongue.

And Gibbs did. Cradling Tony's head in his hands, he slanted his mouth, fitting their mouths together at just the right angle. His tongue slipped into Tony's mouth, not harsh and demanding but gentle and asking. Tony was more than willing to give,

"You look like crap, Boss."

"Gee, thanks."

"No. You okay, baby?"

"Well, the two people I love are hurting right now and woke me up all night with nightmares."

"Oh, baby, I'm so sorry." Tony kissed Gibbs again with power and fire behind his lips, nibbling on Gibbs' lower lip and then along his neck.

"No, it's okay. Both the people I love are hurting and they needed me more then I needed sleep."

"But you have to cook all day today."

"So, coffee."

Tony laughed. "Sometimes I think we should just hook it directly to your veins."

Gibbs smiled briefly, then glanced at the ceiling. "Jenny is upstairs. She's shutting out the world."

"I can understand that. She doesn't want to get hurt."

"Tony, I'm not lying. I will do everything in my power to keep that little girl up there with us."

"I know, baby, I know." Tony kissed Gibbs. "I need a long, hot shower."

"Yes, you do." Gibbs kissed him before Tony could tap his head.

Tony got up, removed his clothing and got into the shower. Gibbs watched the sight of his naked lover walking across his room, thoroughly enjoying the view.

Gibbs meant what he said. That was why he'd had Abby look into a few things last night after talking to her. He'd asked her to pull anything on Monica that she could find. Maybe that would give them a clue about this new person claming to be Jenny's father. Knowing there was nothing to do till he got the information, Gibbs went down and made pancakes anyway for them.

Tony went downstairs but they couldn't get Jenny to come down. Tony went up there and, just like she'd been to Gibbs, she was cold and unfeeling around him. Tony took her a plateful of food and left almost in tears after seeing her like that. This was the same little girl that was always full of love.

Abby and Tim showed up together, around 1200.

"Boss-man, here's that info you wanted."

"What's that?" Tony asked, unaware of what his lover had asked Abby to do.

"I asked Abby to look into Monica's past. I told you, Tony, if I can that little girl is not going anyplace."

"There's not much, Gibbs. The only thing I found was a restraining order for a Mark Manning about ten years ago."

"That would be about the same time."

"Gibbs, this will not be an easy fight," Tony warned.

"Good. I hate to make things easy." Gibbs kissed Tony and began reading the file.

Abby bounded up the stairs without even being told where Jenny was. She knocked on the doorframe.

"Come in."

"Hey there."

"ABBY!"

"Yes, honey?" Abby came into the room and sat on the floor in front of Jenny. She could tell Jenny was hurting just from looking into her eyes and face.

"Nothing."

"Don't ‘nothing' me, young lady. You might be able to pull the wool over their eyes but not mine."

"What did they tell you?"

"Nothing. Well, not today, but Gibbs called me yesterday and told me some ass was trying to go against your mother's wishes."

"Abby, what's going to happen?" Jenny asked, hugging her bear tight.

"Well, in a little while we're going to have a great dinner. Gibbs is deep-frying a turkey and I made the stuffing. It's from a box; don't tell anyone. McGee is a great baker; he made a cheesecake that took all night. Ziva is making something from her homeland, and Ducky and Gerald are bringing the veggies, peas and corn, I think."

"That's not what I meant."

"I know, but that is all you should be worrying about."

"But they might take them away."

"Honey, believe me, Gibbs and Tony aren't letting you go anywhere if they have strength in their bodies."

"Really?"

"I happen to know both of them very well, and I know they would rather stand in front a bullet than let you get hurt again. Right now both men are hurting, just like you. Both of them love you greatly and only want you to be happy."

"I love them, too."

"Well, you sitting up here and telling them you just want to watch TV like you did is not telling them that. It's telling them that you're hurting and don't know what to do, which is okay since it's all new and scary, but Gibbs is like an old dog; once he has a bone he likes, getting it out of his mouth can prove fatal."

"Abby, I'm scared," Jenny confessed, almost lunging at Abby.

Abby held her in her lap, hugging her and letting her cry. A few moments later they heard a knock on the door and Tim's head was coming up.

"Hey."

"Hi, Tim."

"You two okay?"

"Yup, now we are, McGee. Right, Jenny?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"No, we're right, Jenny; don't worry about the other thing, live today for today."

"She's right, Jenny. I know Gibbs already has a few things up his sleeve from things Abby and I did for him last night."

"What?"

"Nothing really, honey, but I told you both men would stand in front of anything just to keep you safe, okay?"

"Yes."

"Okay then, let's go downstairs and kick Tony's butt in Halo again, you and McGee can gang up on him."

Jenny, Abby and Tim all went down the stairs. When Jenny walked into the kitchen she saw Gibbs reading a small booklet. She ran over to him, pushing the booklet almost out of his hand, and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, Jethro."

"Oh, honey, I'm the one who's sorry."

Gibbs went to her level after putting the cooking instructions on the counter, holding her as she cried. Tony walked in after hearing Jenny's voice. Abby and Tim left, going into the living room. Tony went to them and hugged both people on their level.

"Tony, I'm so sorry." Jenny could barely get it out between the crying and burying her head into Gibbs' shoulder.

Tony was fighting the tears as well. Gibbs wanted to cry but was able to hold the tears off as he held them. He knew with what Abby had given them they had a better chance to keep Jenny.

Ziva and Ducky had shown up at the same time, not together but at the same time. Gerald could not make it due to a family emergency of his own. Abby and Tim stopped them from going into the kitchen since the family was still in there. About five minutes later Tony and Jenny come out while Gibbs walked out the back door to check on the deep-frying.

"Ducky." Jenny ran over to him.

"Oh, what do we have here? Young lady, do you not wash behind your ears?"

Tony's cell phone went off. He took it in the other room.

"What?" Jenny took her hands and put them behind her ears.

Ziva took the dish in Ducky's other hand and put it in the kitchen, along with hers.

"Well, here." Ducky moved his hand and pulled out a rolled up five dollar bill. "Why would you want to keep money in your ears?"

"That's cool," Jenny said as Ducky handed her the money.

"Yes, my dear, and that, I believe, is yours."

Jenny looked at it. "Mine?"

"Yes, dear girl. It was in your ear, so it must be yours."

Ziva was now on the sofa, playing Tim in some game on the X-box.

"Cool." Jenny went running to the other room.

Tony came out with a very long face.

"Tony, look what Ducky found in my ear," she said, showing him the money.

"That's nice, honey."

"Where's Jethro?"

"Out back."

Jenny went running.

"Your jacket, honey," Tony called after her.

Jenny didn't stop. Tony went after her, not running but walking. She ran out the door into the cold day.

"Jethro, look what Ducky found in my-"

"Where's your jacket?" Gibbs interrupted.

"But look-"

"Jenny, you'll catch your death of cold. I will be right in."

Jenny frowned and met Tony at the door.

"Jethro doesn't want to see my money," Jenny sulked as she went inside.

Gibbs looked up and was making a face. It was not that he did not what to see her new thing but he did not what her getting sick. Tony's face said a lot to Gibbs.

"And where's your jacket?" Gibbs asked him, wondering just what was with the look on his face.

"Inside."

"And why not on you?"

"Look, Boss, I've got to bail. I have something I need to do."

"Tony, what-"

"Nothing. I just have to go do something for a few hours."

"No, you're not leaving me or that little girl on this special day, unless you give me one damn good reason," Gibbs said, holding his lover around the waist.

"Look, I just-"

"Tony, do you love me?"

"Of course. Why do you even ask?"

"Do you trust me?"

"With my life. Always have."

"Then please tell me what's the matter that you think you have to go and take care of something after what happened to our family yesterday."

"Boss-"

Gibbs kissed Tony with full passion. Neither of the men could feel the cold now with the heat they were creating themselves from this kiss.

"Well," Tony began, so dazed he spoke without thinking, "every Thanksgiving I go to this local shelter and help give out food. I called this year with everything that's happened and told the father that I couldn't make it. He just called. A lot of his people couldn't make it."

Gibbs kissed the man again, then turned around, pulled the turkey out of the oil, even before it was done, and turned off the fryer. He took it inside without saying a word.

"Boss-" Tony followed, right on his tail. "On your six, Boss."

Tony smiled, as did Gibbs. Gibbs put a little wiggle into his step, but first things first. He found Jenny watching the video game.

"Jenny, can you please see me in the kitchen," Gibbs said in the hallway before going into the kitchen.

Jenny still hurt from what had just happened. She walked in with a sourpuss expression on her face. "Yes, Jethro?"

Gibbs sat down and patted his leg for the little girl to come over and sit on. Arms crossed, Jenny did.

"Now, to begin with, I'm sorry for snapping at you outside, but I didn't want you to get sick from being outside without a coat on."

"Really?"

"Honey, when have I ever said something I didn't mean?"

"Look." Happy again, she showed him her five dollar bill.

"Did you thank Ducky?"

"He said I could keep it since it was in my ear."

"I know, and he removed it, but did you thank him for removing it?"

"No."

"Then I think you need to go and thank him."

Jenny hopped off his lap and ran out of the room. Gibbs got up, gave Tony a quick kiss, and followed Jenny out, Tony still right behind him.

"Okay, people, change of plans. We're going to a shelter and helping hand out food. Who's with us?" Gibbs said pointing at Tony, Jenny and himself.

"Right on, Boss-man, nice idea."

"Well, it was Tony's. Come to find out, our little goofball does this every year."

"Quite right, I'm in," Ducky said.

"Is this a normal American custom?" Ziva asked.

"Yes and no. Since we have we should give back but not everyone does."

"Okay, then. I have handed out aid in the Gaza Strip. This should be no different."

"I'm in, Boss," Tim added. "We used to do that when I was a kid but for Christmas instead."

"Well, my Aunt Tinsey and I would go down at Christmas as well," Tony said.

"Sounds like a plan, people, now let's get going."

"Where are we going?" Jenny asked.

"To help people who do not have anything for the holidays."

"Oh. Why don't they have anything?"

"Just the way things are sometimes, honey. Now, let's get a jacket on."

Tony was beaming that Gibbs would do this. Ducky rode in Gibbs' car with him, Tony and Jenny, and Ziva and Tim were in Abby's car.

They got to the shelter and walked in. They found the father who was running the shelter and gave him the food they'd brought from Gibbs' place to the shelter. The father was happy to see so many people and put them all to work. Gibbs went into the kitchen and was doing dishes with McGee. Tony, Abby and Ducky were handing out food, and Ziva was going around making sure people had warm blankets and such. Jenny was next to Tony, handing out the dinner rolls. She was so happy that she had a job and it was all hers to do. The people at the shelter were very nice to the young girl, thanking her with smiles.

"Tony?"

"Yes, Peanut?"

"Who do I give this to?" Jenny was holding out the five dollars that she'd gotten from Ducky.

"Honey, that's yours."

"I know, but you said they have nothing, and I thought since I have you and Jethro I could give this to someone who needs it more then me."

Tony's eyes started to water. Abby, having listened in, was also getting a little misty-eyed.

"Well, after we're done, then we can find the father and give it to him to help out others. That was very nice of you. You're such a big girl." Tony gave her a big hug and picked her up.

After the last person was served they cleaned up. Tony beforehand took Jenny to the father and she gave him the money. The father thanked her very much and thought it was very nice of the little girl to give up her money to the less fortunate.

Tony, Abby, Ziva, Ducky and Jenny carried dishes into the kitchen to help with the clean up. Gibbs and McGee had most of the cooking dishes cleaned and dried already when they bought in the serving stuff.

"Jethro, guess what I did."

"What, honey?" he asked, wiping his hands on a clean dishtowel.

"You know the money Ducky found in my ear?"

"Yes, it was nice of him to take it out for you." Gibbs looked up at his ME as he put dishes in the sink and winked.

"Well, I thought since I had you and Tony and Abby, Tim, Ziva and Ducky, that someone else could use the money more then me."

A huge smile spread over Gibbs' face as he got a little caught up in the moment. "That was very big of you and very adult. I'm very proud of you."

"Yeah, it felt good."

"Giving does that. Now, how about you help bring in the rest of the dishes, then go out and play with some of the kids out there. Make them feel special."

"You think?"

"Hey, Peanut, just go and play. We can finish this up."

"Oh, thank you." She hugged both of her guardians.

"That was very nice of her to give that money to someone else," Ducky said.

"Thank you, Ducky."

"No, it is I who should thank the both of you for raising that little girl to do such things and for one of the best holidays that I have ever had."

"Well, how about we finish this up and get something to eat ourselves. I made up plates for all of us from the leftovers."

"Right, not let's get cracking. This reminds me of this one time-" and Ducky was regaling them all as they cleaned up with a story.

At the end they all went out and were eating at one of the tables. The father came over and thanked them all for helping. Gibbs said he, Tony and Jenny would be back for Christmas. So did the rest of the team. The father was floored with the outpouring of help. He thanked them again, then began setting up cots in the other room. Gibbs got up and started to help. Tony followed suit, as did McGee. Ducky was showing all the kids his little magic trick, Abby not far behind him answering questions about her tattoos and goth look.

After everything was set up they all went back to Gibbs' house and said their good-byes. When everyone was gone they took Jenny up and put her to bed; she'd been falling asleep in the car. Gibbs carried her up to her room, got her undressed and into her Tinkerbell nightgown, then tucked her in bed. Tony was in the room with him, helping get the clothing out and changing the little girl. Then both men kissed her forehead and walked back to their own bedroom.

Tony fell on the bed and was out like a light. Gibbs got him undressed and then he himself got undressed and was using Tony as a pillow tonight, half on and half off the younger man. Gibbs laid his head on Tony's chest, kissed his nipple and just fell asleep to the sound of Tony's breathing.
Chapter End Notes:
thanks to lady jane for all the nice smut in this fic