- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony got sick and then now they have a child

Gibbs and Tony were heading to HQ, Gibbs driving like he normally did.

"Um, Boss."

"Yes?" Gibbs glanced over at his lover and noticed he was almost green.

"Think we can-" Tony put his hand over his mouth in an effort to stop the nausea and what was in danger of making a return appearance.

"Oh, sorry, forgot you're not one-hundred percent." Gibbs didn't sound sorry, but he did stop driving like a mad man.

"Thanks, Boss. You know, you might have to drive like a human now with Jenny."

"When she's in the car I think I can do that."

The hospital was about a fifteen-minute drive from NCIS Headquarters. Gibbs normally would have made it in half the time, but today the time was closer to what it should have been. They pulled into the parking garage and parked on the first floor, their footsteps echoing hollowing in the structure as they walked towards the entrance of the building. As they neared the door they noticed a security guard escorting Chip out of the building.

Chip glared at the two men. Gibbs and Tony ignored the lab tech, or as it seemed now the former lab tech.

"Good. Boss, he kind of reminded me Hitler. I thought it was the moustache, but he still gave me that feeling even after you made him shave it off."

Tony and Gibbs walked into the building, earning a smile from the security guard on duty.

"Hey, Tony."

"Hey, Mike, how are the kids?" Tony questioned as he signed in, smiling at the guard.

"Great, and thanks for that game thing you found. I believe their exact words were that ‘you rock'."

"Not a problem." Tony leaned in closer and said in a mock-whisper, "I have a
CONNECTION when it comes to video games."

Mike looked around, then looked at Tony and Gibbs. "Just a heads up, guys, but all hell is breaking loose in there. The new Director wants you both in Con 4."

"Thanks, Mike," Gibbs said.

He and Tony took the elevator to the second floor where the conference rooms were located and entered room #4. Abby, Ducky, McGee and Ziva were already there.

"Hey, guys," McGee said by way of greeting. "We were told to sit in here and wait."

"Hurry up and wait," Gibbs commented as he found the carafe of coffee in the middle of the table and poured himself a cup, closing his eyes and smiling in ecstasy as he inhaled the aroma.

"So, do we have a clue who-"

The door opened, ending Tony's question, and in walked former Director Marrow. They all stood when he entered.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming on such short notice." He nodded at them. "Please take your seats, we have a few things to go over."

"Tom."

"Jethro, always nice to see you."

"Not that I'm not glad to see you, but what the hell are you doing back here?"

"Okay, let me start by saying that Sheppard has been fired. The SecNav would like to extend his personal thanks for coming forward and exposing her for what she was. I've been assured she will never again work in this kind of field."

The whole table smiled their pleasure at the news.

"Next, the person you all knew as Chip has also been let go as he was a mole for the ex-director."

"Good, he was an ass," Abby said, earning her a look from Gibbs. "What, Gibbs, he was."

"Okay, enough please. Effective as of one hour ago I have been placed back as Director of NCIS."

"Good to have you back, sir," Gibbs said, standing to shake his hand.

"Ms. Sheppard had me removed from this position by the same means by which she was going to get Special Agent DiNozzo out of the picture. She had friends in high places and was using her position to try to, I believe her words were, ‘reclaim what was mine'."

Gibbs sighed. "I'm sorry you and Jimmy had to be dragged into all this because of her obsession and delusions."

"So were we, but he is fine. Sheppard had him put on extended medical leave because of a sprained ankle, but he will be back to work by the end of the week, Ducky."

"Good. I've missed young Mr. Palmer."

"Which brings me to the next point. The SecNav did ask me about you and Tony, Jethro, wanting to know if you can still perform your job working with each other."

Tony's eyes widened and he opened his mouth but Marrow halted him with a raised hand.

"Not to worry, Agent DiNozzo. I assured him this would not affect any of you and that this was the best team in NCIS. I let it be known splitting you up would be stupid. Was I correct in saying that, that this wouldn't change the way you work with each other or anyone else on the team?"

"Yes, sir," Tony and Gibbs said in unison.

"Good, it's as I thought. And Officer David."

"Yes, sir."

"With you coming forward we can surmise that you were not working for the former Director. Is that correct?"

"Yes, sir."

"Good. If you wish to stay and remain a member of NCIS, we would like to have you stay."

"Sir, I think I would like that."

"Good."

A smile crossed the faces of the other team members, including Abby. The lab tech even went so far as to pat Ziva on the back, earning a surprised look from the newest agent.

"Now, just a few more things. Effective as of this moment, this team is off the books till further notice."

"What?" Tony asked incredulously, wondering if for all the talk of it being okay they were all suspended for their methods in bringing down Sheppard.

"Tom, what the hell," Gibbs said.

"Relax, it's not a punishment. Ducky informed me of what has transpired in the past few days, and with Tony's recent medical history, not to mention the new addition to your family, you will need time. I might add I called child services back and gave them a good word for the both of you. You've all been pulling an extreme amount of overtime lately and officially never took time off after the passing of Special Agent Todd. I'm putting you all on mandatory administrative leave till after the first of the year, with pay. The only condition is that each of you see the staff counselor."

There were several groans from around the table, but no one protested.

"Jethro, Tony, if you both need more time with the young girl, just ask. I know what it's like adopting a child, and with the situation your adoption will be a lot harder on the family as a whole contending with the recent loss of the young girl's mother in such a sudden, tragic way. So, people, that means I do not want to see any of you logged in at this building till after the first of the year. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir," was the response of everyone present, accompanied by wide smiles.

"Okay, people, dismissed. Jethro, Tony, can you please stay?"

"Okay," Gibbs said, then looked at the others. Then at his watch. It was too late to get back to the hospital "Guys meet up at Kobi's."

"Got it, Boss-man," Abby said, bounding out of the room, nearly holding hands with Ziva.

Ziva, who had previously only met with dislike from the Goth tech, was taken aback by the affection Abby was showing her now. Ducky and McGee followed, discussing plans for their unexpected time off, leaving Gibbs, Tony and Marrow.

"Tom."

"Jethro, Tony, if either of you need anything, just let me know."

"Tom, thanks, but I think you've done everything we could have asked for," Gibbs said to his old friend.

"Good, and if you should need help with the move, just call. Jimmy and I will be glad to help."

"Thanks, but I was planning on hiring movers and having them do all the work."

Gibbs looked at Tony in surprise.

"What?" Tony said, looking at both men and smiling. "I hate to pack."

"I'd think you'd be an old hand at it with as many jobs as you've had," Gibbs said dryly.

Tony rolled his eyes. "How do you think I know I don't like packing?"

Gibbs shook his head, then turned to the Director. "Tom you're more then welcome to join us for dinner."

"I'd love to, but I have a few mores fires to put out that bitch has started."

"Thanks again, Tom."

Gibbs shook his hand as they left the room, he and Tony heading to their desks in the bullpen.

"Boss?"

"Yes, DiNozzo."

"Him and…"

"Drop it, Tony."

"Okay, not a problem."

Tony grabbed his laptops from his desks and left the office without a bit of reluctance. They exchanged good-byes with Mike the security guard on their way out, wishing him happy holidays as well since they wouldn't be back till after the New Year.

The team met at Gibbs' favorite Japanese restaurant for dinner. Most of them had no idea what they were eating, but they didn't care. The food was good and the company was even better. The party turned into a celebration of Cait's life and their future. Everyone enjoyed themselves, but by the time the party broke up, it was already 6:00 PM. Visiting hours for the pediatrics ward were now over.

"Boss," Tony said, his upset showing in that one word.

"I know, Tony, but we'll go first thing in the morning. Visiting hours start for her ward again at 1000 hours, so we can leave early and stop at my lawyer's office first."

"Good, then we can swing by my bank and my lawyer."

"Tonight let's stop by your place and pick up some more clothing. Not that I don't like seeing you in sweats or better yet no clothing at all, but your car is still there and I thought you might want to bring it over to our house."

"Smart man. I knew there was a reason I loved you."

Tony put his hand on Gibbs leg as they drove towards the apartment complex. He didn't rub Gibbs' leg, merely rested his hand there. Gibbs took the hand in his and held it against his thigh till they reached Tony's place.

"Boss, what are we going to do about Jenny not wanting any of her stuff or her mother's stuff from their place?" Tony asked as they entered the building.

"Tony, she's going through a hard time right now. For now we pack up everything and put it in a storage unit. Then when she's ready she can get what she wants."

"What if-"

"I was also thinking she might want to see a counselor," Gibbs continued casually. "Maybe we should all go as a family."

Tony put one hand on his forehead and one on his chest, falling back against the wall in a mock faint; the action was punctuated by a ding as the elevator door opened.

"What was that for?" Gibbs questioned as the doors slid closed behind them.

"Leroy Jethro Gibbs, I never would have pegged you for a counselor type person. You were one of the ones groaning when Marrow said we had to see one."

"That was about work. This is different. I have seen one once before, after-" Gibbs stopped what he was saying as the elevator doors opened.

Tony saw the pain in his face and heard it in his voice and stepped closer to his lover to plant a kiss on him. His tongue asked for entry into Gibbs mouth, and Gibbs allowed it. He wasn't ashamed of his love for another man, was, in fact, proud of it. They kissed in the hallway, right outside Tony's apartment. Tony eventually broke the kiss.

"Okay, I think it would be good for all of us to see one, as a family."

Tony unlocked the door to his place. Gibbs walked to the kitchen and gathered the perishables from the fridge, the stuff McGee had brought for them. Tony went to his bedroom and was packing a suitcase.

Gibbs walked in and stood in the doorway, watching as Tony took clothing out of his closet. He smiled at the younger man's wardrobe. He had everything from tailored Armani suits to ratty old T-shirts and sweat suits.

"You look good just like that."

Tony jumped. "Stop doing that."

"What?"

"That sneaking up on people thing you have going for you."

Gibbs walked over to his lover and put his arms around him and kissed his neck, worried that it felt so warm; much warmer than it should be.

"Honey, you okay?"

"Fine," Tony said, turning turned around in Gibbs' embrace.

Gibbs kissed his forehead. "You're running a fever."

"I'm fine," Tony reiterated.

"You might feel fine, but let's get you home and into bed just in case."

"Always trying to get me into bed. I see how it is, you only want me for my body."

"Keep dreaming, DiNozzo," Gibbs said, releasing Tony with a smack to the ass.

Walking over to the dresser, he opened drawers till he found Tony's underwear, intending to help him pack.

Seeing what he was doing, Tony said, "No, don't," but it was too late.

Gibbs stopped and blinked when he saw what was on top of the boxer briefs in the drawer.

"Um, Boss, I can explain," Tony said, looking like a deer caught in headlights when Gibbs picked up the fuzzy cuffs and put them in his pocket.

"Okay, talk."

"Uh, they were a gift. Just a gag gift, nothing more."

"Oh, really? Such a shame." Gibbs smiled and walked out of the room, back towards the kitchen, calling back over his shoulder, "Bus is leaving, Tony."

Tony was still in shock but managed to move when Gibbs said that. He began throwing socks and underwear into his suitcase. Shoes could wait; the sneakers he was wearing would be fine for now. Shutting his suitcase, he grabbed it and hurried out of the bedroom.

"Boss, what did you mean back there?"

"I have no clue what you're talking about, honey," Gibbs said innocently, then ruined it by winking at Tony.

Tony got the hint and smiled from ear to ear. He was still smiling when they reached the parking lot and both cars. He continued to smile, and Gibbs noticed it when they got out of their cars at the house. He knew what that smile meant, but Tony was still sick and that would have to wait.

"Okay, take your meds, then head upstairs and into bed."

"No."

"Yes, Tony. You're still sick, even if you feel better."

"Gibbs, I hate that stuff."

"I don't care. You need to get better, honey." Gibbs kissed his cheek. "So no more of last night till you're better."

Tony stuck out his lip in a pout.

"I am a Marine, and that does not work on me, Mister."

"Damn," Tony said, kissing Gibbs hard and fast before the other man knew what had even hit him. He smiled as he released Gibbs before running up the stairs.

Gibbs was still smiling himself as he made Tony a bowl of soup. When he took it up to their room, he found Tony curled up on the bed, holding Gibbs' pillow and sleeping.

Gibbs smiled as he set the tray on the nightstand and woke Tony up. "Honey, you need to take your meds," he said softly.

Still mostly asleep, Tony didn't fight him when he gave him the drugs and water. Gibbs removed his clothing and crawled into bed with Tony. Feeling the new body in the bed, Tony rolled over till he was half-on and half-off Gibbs. With a smile of contentment Gibbs brought his arm around and pulled Tony even closer. Kissing his forehead, he was pleased to note it wasn't as warm as before.

Closing his eyes, Gibbs drifted into sleep with his precious bundle held close.

Chapter End Notes:
OK again I would like to thank Lady Jane for all her help in this little endeavor. Also I would like to say that I am not sure how in the real world this adoption would work and how much child services will be involved but this is what I guess might happen, so please bear with me. Also last night at work I did some math and planning this story out a little more and it will be LONG. So far I have up to part 10 started and it is pushing 100 pages if put all together and this is just from the day Tony gets out to the day Harry Potter 4 comes out (and yes Tony is taking Gibbs to see a movie) . A lot of it for now is just normal day to day stuff with the boys and Jenny forming a life together so it might be a little long and not as fun, so please bear with me. There will be speed bumps so far in my head the story will map out the next year and then a little longer. I might make a little longer a sequel but at any time people want the story to stop just let me know and I will stop it. I do not want to bore the people and great readers out there.



Ok thank you for listening to me babble. Now on to the story