- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
tony got sick and now they have a littel girl.

The next morning Gibbs woke as usual at 0500 hours, Tony still cuddled against him, using him as a pillow. Gibbs smiled, enjoying the feel of the hard, muscular body pressed up against him. Deciding to forego his run this morning, he pulled Tony closer and went back to sleep. When next he awoke Tony was still snuggled up with him, as if he hadn't moved. Full of love for the man, Gibbs kissed Tony's head, rubbing his lips against the silky dark hair till Tony began to stir.

"Um."

"Time to get up, honey."

Tony ran his hand over Gibbs' fuzzy chest, purring, "How about a quickie?" His hand continued running over Gibbs' torso, heading down South to a growing erection.

Gibbs breath caught in his throat, but he stopped Tony's hand. Tony lifted his head, looking at him curiously.

"Tony, number one, you're still not feeling well, and number two, we need to get up and get ready; there are a lot of things we need to do this morning before we visit Jenny. We need to see my lawyer, and we have some shopping to do for Jenny."

Tony sighed. "I know, but I really wanted to play love-struck teenager this morning."

Tony rolled off Gibbs and walked to the bathroom, putting a little extra movement into his hips. Gibbs stacked his hands behind his head and watched the wiggle of that ass till it disappeared into the bathroom, wanting nothing so much as to follow Tony and fill that ass with his aching hardness. But he couldn't. Not now. There was too much to do.

With a sigh of regret Gibbs got out of bed and threw on a pair of boxers before heading towards the kitchen. He poured a cup of fresh, hot coffee, silently thanking the inventor of coffee makers with automatic timers. After savoring a cup, he pulled out eggs and bacon and began to make breakfast. He ate his own food and was just finishing up Tony's food when the younger man came down the stairs, showered and dressed.

"You can cook," Tony said in surprise when he saw the steaming plate of food waiting for him.

"Of course. My mother made sure I could cook and sew and take care of myself."

"Well. We know who'll be doing the cooking in this partnership," Tony said with a smile as he sat down and dug in.

"Let me guess, you can't cook."

"Nope. I never had to. We always had a cook till I hit college, and then take-out became my friend."

Gibbs smiled and kissed Tony's head before running upstairs for his own shower. He was out in less then five minutes, then dressed and changed the sheets on the bed. Carrying the dirty linen downstairs, he started a load of laundry. By the time he'd had his second cup of coffee, it was 8:30 AM.

Picking up the phone, he called his lawyer's office, requesting a meeting as soon as possible. He was told he could see the man if he could make it there in twenty minutes. He agreed to be there, then went back in to the kitchen.

"We need to get moving, Tony. My lawyer is expecting us in twenty minutes."

"Cool. After we see your lawyer we can stop by the bank and open a joint account."

‘Tony, look, I can't take-"

Gibbs was stopped by a kiss.

"Really, Tony-"

Tony kissed the man again.

"Tony," Gibbs began in exasperation. "I-"

Once again Tony kissed him.

"If we keep this up, we might not leave the house at all today."

"Now THAT is a good idea, but we have a little girl who needs us," Tony said, kissing him again before going into the entryway for his shoes and jacket. Grabbing his keys, he said, "I'm driving."

Gibbs didn't argue, just followed him out and got into the passenger seat of Tony's car.

"Honey, you know we might need to get a bigger car, one designed for a family."

"Yeah, I thought about that. But neither one of us is the mini van type," Tony said with a smile and he headed down the driveway that snaked through the woods. "So, where are we going?"

Gibbs gave Tony the name of the lawyer and the address. Tony made the trip without pissing off any other drivers, something Gibbs' had never managed.

Gibbs and Tony were taken directly to Mr. Bristow's office. Tony noted the fine furniture and leather-bound books, impressed that Gibbs' lawyer wasn't some run of the mill Joe. He was even more impressed with the quality of the coffee offered.

"What can I do for you today, Jethro?" the smiling older man asked after introductions were made.

Gibbs leaned forward. "What I need to know, Aaron, is what it will take to put half of everything I have in Tony's name."

To Tony's surprise, the man didn't even raise an eyebrow.

"What exactly do you mean by EVERYTHING?"

"I mean everything. Half of the house, the land, the stocks, everything I own."

"Some will be nothing more than signing a few papers, but the land and house will require a new deed to be drawn up and registered. Do you have your current deed with you?"

Gibbs nodded, pulling an envelope out of his inner jacket pocket, causing a lifting of Tony's eyebrow. He hadn't seen the man get that.

Aaron Bristow took the deed and looked it over. "Everything seems to be in order. Maria will take care of writing it all up, and we'll call you when it's ready to be signed." He folded his hands on his desk and smiled. "Is there anything else I can help you with, Jethro?"

Gibbs drew a deep breath. "Actually, there is. Tony is being made guardian of a little girl and intends to adopt her. I want the paperwork started so that I can adopt her as well, or at least be named another guardian."

"Through an adoption agency?"

"No," Tony said, telling him the story of Jenny and Monica and her will.

"I see. I don't foresee a problem, but it's something I will have to investigate thoroughly before moving forward. What is the young girl's social worker's name?"

"Miss Parks."

Bristow made notes, then looked up at the men. "I'll get on it right away."

"Thanks, Aaron," Gibbs said, standing and offering his hand to the man who also stood.

"My pleasure, Jethro."

Tony offered his hand as well. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Bristow."

"Likewise, Mr. DiNozzo."

From there they went to Tony's lawyer's office, basically going through the same process once again, then headed towards Tony's bank, located on the outskirts of a mall parking lot. Gibbs raised an eyebrow when the president himself took them into his office to handle the transaction and transfer Tony was requesting.

Making it a true joint account, Gibbs had his assets moved into Tony's account since he banked there as well. Page after page of information was entered into the computer, printing out page after page for the men to sign. Gibbs blue eyes widened and he nearly choked when he saw the amount listed on the paper.

"Good Lord, Tony, how did you get this much money?" he asked after the president had left the office for a document he needed for the transaction. "I thought your parents disinherited you?"

"My Aunt Tinsy loved me," Tony said with a fond smile. "She was always proud that I never wanted the money, that I always wanted to go to Ohio State and become a cop rather than falling back on my father's money and name. So when she passed I inherited all her money and holdings."

"Tony, this says you have $22,000,000.00 in savings alone."

Tony shrugged. "Sounds about right for the savings. The bonds add probably another couple of million, and the stock fluctuates daily because of the sometimes erratic stock market."

Gibbs just looked at the man. His man: his filthy rich man. Good God, what had he gotten himself into? he wondered as he signed all the papers the president pushed in front of him after returning to the office. He was still reeling as they left the bank.

"I knew you had a trust fund, but I never imagined anything like this," Gibbs said, stopping in the middle of the parking lot.

When Tony noticed Gibbs was no longer beside him, he walked back to him, took his arm, pulled him to the car and pushed him gently up against the door.

"Damn, Tony, you're stinking rich."

"So are you now."

"Tony, really, that is way too-"

"Shut up. You are my husband in my mind, body and soul, so why not monetarily as well. Now how about we walk over there and pick up some clothing for Jenny," Tony said, nodding towards the mall across the parking lot from them.

"Yeah, sure," Gibbs murmured, not knowing what else to say. His mind was in a whirlwind since the man he loved had just made him a multi-millionaire. He still couldn't quite grasp the situation as he and Tony walked into Macy's.

"Okay, what would a little girl want?" Tony pondered as they headed towards the kids department.

Gibbs just looked around helplessly, completely out of his element. Not so Tony. He was right at home shopping.

Tony found a sales clerk, explained they were adopting a little girl and they need help with sizes. With his eye for detail, Tony was able to give the clerk accurate estimates of Jenny's height and weight. The clerk showed him a dress she considered would be the right size. Tony held it up and eyed it.

"What do you think?" he asked Gibbs. "Looks about her size, doesn't it?"

Gibbs merely shrugged. "I'll have to trust your judgment on this one."

"I think it's right."

Tony began picking out clothing he thought Jenny would like, which turned out to be a large majority of the different styles in the kids department.

"Tony, don't you think this is a little much?" Gibbs questioned, not really sure what was appropriate for a little girl.

"Nope, never enough for our little girl."

Gibbs shook his head. "You are insane. You know that, don't you?"

"Hey, shopping is an art," Tony said, "and I am an artist."

After paying for their purchases, Tony handed the bags to Gibbs without even asking. The older man was stuck being Tony's pack mule, carrying the ever-growing collection of bags throughout the mall, trailing behind Tony like a faithful husband.

"Where are we going now?"

"There's a bed store here in the mall. She needs a new bed for her new house."

"You're too much, Tony."

Tony smiled, glanced around and sneaked in a kiss without too many people seeing. Gibbs couldn't help the smile that sprang to his lips at the touch of Tony's soft mouth on his.

They found the bedding store and bought a large canopy bed, as well as a down comforter and pillows. The bed was scheduled for delivery and assembly on Thursday. After they finished there, Tony dragged Gibbs into Spencer's, where he bought Jenny a lava lamp, a strobe light and any other kitsch item he thought a ten-year old girl might like, including a butterfly chair and a fuzzy pillow.

Gibbs raised his eyebrows when he caught Tony hiding something from him, but he didn't say anything, merely smiled. Tony was having fun shopping, and he loved seeing Tony so happy, even if he got stuck with all the bags.

"You ready?" Gibbs finally said. "It's almost noon, and Jenny will be worried we're not coming."

"Oh, shit, I totally lost myself. How could you let me?" Tony laughingly complained, smiling as he walked out of Spencer's carrying the bags from there.

Gibbs still had all the other bags. He really did feel like a pack mule, or like one of the other faithful husbands tagging along behind their shopping wives. At least Tony didn't have a purse for him to carry.

Gibbs placed all the bags in the trunk of the car and got in on the passenger side as Tony slid behind the wheel, saying he was still driving so their purchases, as well as themselves, made it their in one piece.

Gibbs looked at Tony in amazement. "Shopping is a sport to you."

"Yep. Just wait till you see what I get you for Christmas."

"Honey dust again?" Gibbs asked with a smile.

Tony wiggled his eyebrows and put his hand on Gibbs' leg, leaving it there as they drove towards the hospital, only taking it off his thigh when they went through the Burger King drive through. Once they were at the hospital and parked, Gibbs grabbed the bags containing the clothing and carried it inside.

"You could help with this, DiNozzo."

"But, Boss, didn't you say just this morning that I'm still not well?"

Gibbs shook his head, wondering how many times in the years to come his words would be thrown back in his face. At least Tony held the door for him as they entered Jenny's room.

"Hey there, Peanut, how are you?" Tony asked as he neared the chair where she was sitting, a blanket tucked around her.

"Tony," she said happily, smiling broadly.

"Why aren't you in bed, young lady?" Gibbs asked with a smile as he placed all the bags in a corner.

"Hi, Jethro. They wanted me to sit in a chair for a little while after they had me walking in the hallway. They said something about circulation and my incision or something like that. What is that?" she asked, switching from one subject to the next without missing a beat as kids were wont to do.

"Well, we went shopping and got you all new clothing like you said you wanted," Tony said, talking while he unpacked the clothing. Looking around in an exaggerated manner, he pulled a smaller paper bag from one of the bags.

Jenny eyes lit up when she saw the Burger King name on the bag and smelled the food.

"I got you your favorites, chicken nuggets and fries," Tony said while placing the food on the table and rolling it up to her.

Gibbs was standing in the way so that the nurses could not see her through the window with her contraband. It was easier since she once again had a room to herself, her roommate having been released already.

While she ate Tony showed Jenny all the clothing they'd picked out for her. He wanted her to try it all on, but Gibbs wouldn't let her, saying there would be took much bending and too much of a chance of tearing open her incision. Tony grinned sheepishly, saying he should have thought of that, that he was just too anxious. He then told her about the canopy bed they'd ordered for her.

Jenny started to cry when Tony went into a detailed explanation of the bed. Both men looked at one another in alarm, Gibbs standing close beside her chair and Tony sitting on the straight-back chair next to her.

"What's wrong, Peanut?" Tony asked softly, hugging the crying little girl.

"N-nothing."

"This is not nothing, honey," Gibbs said, rubbing her back with one hand and resting the other hand on Tony's shoulder. "What's the matter?"

"I'm crying because I'm happy but sad, too."

"You miss your mom."

"Yes, but I'm glad you're both going to look after me."

"Jenny, Jethro thinks we should go see a counselor as a family," Tony said, pulling away from her hold and the touch of Gibbs' hand.

"Miss Parks said she'd say something to you about that."

"You're okay with that?" Tony asked, not wanting to force her into anything she wasn't ready for.

"Yes, I think so. Miss Parks said it might be good to talk to someone."

"Honey," Gibbs said, crouching down to look her in the eye, "neither of us are trying to replace your mother. You know that, right?" he said seriously.

"Yes, I know."

"Okay. Also I want you to know that Tony and I are here for you no matter what. The only rule that we have for you in the house is that you respec. Think you can remember that?"

"Yes, Jethro."

"And it goes both ways, honey. If you're in your room, we'd never enter without knocking first. We expect the same from you. Unless it is an emergency, then you can come right in, any time, day or night. Think we can all live with this rule?"

Tony smiled at the way Gibbs was talking to her, as if she was a young person and not just a kid. Something about the way he was around her made him want to lean over and kiss the man, but he wasn't sure how Jenny would react.

"Yes, sir," Jenny said.

"Not that again. No sir. I work for a living," Gibbs said with a smile.

Tony chuckled, getting the joke that Gibbs was an enlisted man and never to be called sir. He put his hand on Gibbs, and something of his thoughts must have shown.

"You two going to kiss?" Jenny asked, seeing the hand on Gibbs and the weird look in Tony's eyes. It was the same look her mom had gotten when she'd first gone out with David, a guy she'd worked with for a while.

"Would you be bothered by that?" Tony asked, needing to know how she felt.

"I guess not. You both love each other and Mo-" Jenny started crying again.

This time Gibbs was the first to get his arms around the little girl. Tony hugged both of them.

"Mom said when two people love each other they sometimes kiss."

"Yes, that's true," Gibbs said.

The rest of the day went fast. Visiting hours were over at 8:00 PM. On weekdays they were different.

"Okay, honey," Gibbs said when the nurse gave him a pointed look through the window and pointed at her watch. "We'll be back tomorrow, and then we'll see you at the courthouse on Wednesday. Okay?"

Gibbs looked at her the entire time he was talking but wasn't quite prepared for her to reach out and hug him and kiss his cheek. Tony got a hug and kiss as well. Tony kissed her back while Gibbs kissed her head, her hair soft under his lips.

He thought of Megan then and was surprised to realize it didn't hurt quite as much.


Chapter End Notes:
you might what to read No More Sick Daysbefore starting this story