- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
tony got sick and a fmaily all in a matter of a week.

Jenny woke up twice more with nightmares, assuring neither Tony nor Gibbs got much sleep that night. She would cry out for her mother, then fall into the embrace of one of the men, crying herself to sleep.

Gibbs woke up later on. Looking at the red numbers on the clock on the nightstand, he realized he had awakened at 0500 as usual. But once more he would have to forego his morning run since he couldn't extricate himself from Jenny's hold without waking her; she seemed to be holding on for dear life.

In the quiet of the early morning, he could hear her mumbling in her sleep. Canting his head closer, he was able to make out most of her words. His chest tightened when he heard her worrying about losing them the same way she'd lost her mother.

There would be so much this little girl would have to deal with in the immediate future, let alone further down the line. Up till that point he hadn't really understood just what she had been going through. He already cared for her, and he silently vowed to be there for her.

Tony was on the other side of Jenny, spooned behind her, holding her. One of his arms lay across her, his hand resting on Gibbs' chest. Smiling, Gibbs put his hand on top of Tony's and went back to sleep. Running could wait. Right now he needed to be with his family.

Jenny eventually woke again, but this time it wasn't because of a nightmare. The sun had risen and slanted through the blinds. As soon as she stirred, Gibbs awakened and found himself looking into her blue eyes.

"Hi there, sunshine," Gibbs said softly so as not to awaken Tony.

"Morning, Jethro," she said around a yawn.

"Hungry?"

"Yes."

"Okay, then let's get you dressed, and then we can make some pancakes. How does that sound?"

Jenny just smiled. Gibbs pulled away, climbed out of bed, then helped her out. Holding her hand, he walked her to the guest room where her clothes were. He found a cute little dress and tights that Tony had gotten the day before and laid them out. Jenny looked a little scared and unsure. Gibbs didn't let it go unnoticed.

"What's wrong, honey?" Gibbs asked, sitting on the bed so he could look her in the eye.

Jenny bit her lip and said quietly, "Mom said I shouldn't get undressed in front of boys."

"And she was right. But I think she would let you get undressed if you needed to with Tony and me around."

"Really?"

"Yes, but only because we are now-" Gibbs stopped from finishing that thought.

"You mean because Mom died," Jenny said, eyes starting to fill with tears again.

Gibbs pulled the little girl into a hug.

"That looks like fun. Can anyone join in?" Tony asked from the doorway.

Gibbs looked up. Tony was standing there, still in his boxers, hair all mussed and eyes sleepy as he watched them embrace.

Jenny stepped out of the embrace and took her clothing.

"Morning, Peanut," Tony said, walking in and sitting on the bed next to Gibbs.

"Hi, Tony."

"You okay, honey?"

"Yes," she said, sniffling just a bit.

"Okay. Now, how about we give you some privacy so you can get dressed? Gibbs and I will get dressed, too, and then we can get something to eat. Seems like I heard Gibbs say something about pancakes," Tony said, winking at Jenny.

"Okay."

Tony and Gibbs left the room, shutting the door behind them. They opened it again, fast, when Jenny started screaming. Once Jenny saw the men again she stopped crying.

"You okay, Peanut?" Tony asked, going to her level.

"I am now," she whispered, hugging him, then reaching for Gibbs and hugging him around the waist.

"I tell you what, we'll leave the door open. Okay?"

Jenny nodded. Tony and Gibbs' room was just across the hall from the guest room and she could see into their room as they went back there. Tony was sure to stay where she could see him while Gibbs went into the bathroom to change his underwear before dressing. Tony then went to the bathroom while Gibbs stayed in sight.

"Tony, she's scared about losing us the way she did her mom."

Tony looked at Gibbs curiously. "How do you know that?"

"She was mumbling in her sleep, and that was what she was worried about. I think that's why she wants the door open."

"I can't say I blame her, Boss."

"I know, neither do I."

A movement from the doorway caught their eyes. Jenny was standing there in her dress, but she didn't have the tights on.

"Can you help me?" she asked, holding out the tights.

Tony only had his pants on, but Gibbs was fully dressed.

"Sure, honey," Gibbs said, taking the tights.

He looked at them, trying to figure out just how they went on. Tony watched him as he put his shirt on, smirking at the older man's confusion. Finally he took them and helped Jenny get into them. Gibbs watched the proceedings with a look of bemusement.

"Okay," he said once Tony had the tights on her, "how about we go and get that food now. Then you and Tony and Abby can go shopping like you planned."

Jenny looked at Gibbs, her eyes wide. "You can't come?" she questioned a bit uncertainly.

"Honey, someone has to wait for your bed to be delivered today," Gibbs explained as they went down the stairs.

"But-" she protested as they entered the kitchen where a pot of coffee awaited.

Gibbs poured a cup of coffee for himself before setting out the things he needed to make the pancakes, glancing every so often at Jenny.

"Honey," Tony said, brushing a hand over her hair, "I'll be there and so will Abby."

"But what about Jethro? He won't be with us."

"Nope, he'll be here in the house, just like Ducky said for him to do."

"But what will happen if-"

"Honey, we'll be fine. I promise."

"But you can't be sure, Tony. What if the same thing happens that happened before?" she asked, sniffing.

Tony could see the anxiety of separation was affecting her hard.

Gibbs saw it, too. "How about you guys wait around till after the bed comes and I can go with you."

"Really?"

"Yes, really," Gibbs said, ruffling her hair. "It should be here sometime between ten and twelve."

"You mean that?"

Tony smiled. "He never says anything he doesn't mean, honey. Now, how about we go email Abby and let her know what the new plan is."

"Okay!"

Tony took Jenny out to the living room and fired up his laptop. A while back McGee had set up a wireless network in everyone's living space, so Tony knew there would be no problem working from there.

"Sit here beside me, honey, and I'll let you email Abby yourself."

"I can do that?" Jenny asked excitedly.

"You sure can."

He showed her how to use the email. She had a basic understanding already from school, but Tony showed her how to use it on his computer. She told him his system was cool as she typed what he told her to. She even told Abby she was the one typing, having a ball emailing back and forth with the lab tech.

Once they were finished, Tony turned on some cartoons for Jenny. The smell of bacon wafted from the kitchen, making Tony and Jenny's stomach rumble at the same time. They were laughing when the doorbell rang.

Tony answered the door. It was his buddy, picking up the key and the pass code for Tony' apartment. Tony gave it to him and then invited him in for pancakes, but he had to get to work if he wanted to get everything into Gibbs' place by Saturday at the latest.

"Who was that?" Jenny asked after he had gone.

"An old friend of mine. He's packing up my stuff from my apartment and moving it over here."

"Oh."

Gibbs came out and announced, "Come and get it."

Jenny almost pushed Tony over in her haste to get to the food. Tony just laughed, looking at a grinning Gibbs. His smile widened when he entered the kitchen and saw glasses of milk poured for both Jenny and himself. Gibbs made up a plate for Jenny. He started to cut her pancakes, then stopped and let her do it when she rolled her eyes and sighed. Tony snickered as he filled his plate with pancakes and bacon.

"So, what do you want to get at the mall?" Gibbs asked as they began eating.

"Not sure exactly, Boss. Do we need anything specific?"

"We need to go to the grocery store since I don't have a lot of food in the house. First I need to know what you like, Jenny."

"Whatever you want."

"No, honey, we have to have some kind of foods you like."

"Well, Mom used to get me fruit snacks for my lunches for school. And I love peanut butter and jelly," she added after taking a sip of her milk.

"Then we need to pick some up."

"What about juice boxes?" Tony asked.

"I can get juice boxes?" Jenny asked with a bright-eyed smile.

"Sure, why not."

"Mom always said she couldn't get them. I had them that one time you brought them over."

"Then we'll get you juice boxes," Gibbs said. From what Tony had told him about Monica and her situation, he knew she'd just been getting by and probably hadn't been able to afford the little extras like juice boxes. Jenny wouldn't have to worry about things like that again.

"So, I was thinking maybe we can stop at the Toys R Us next to the mall and get you some toys since Gibbs only has the boat."

Jenny looked at Gibbs. "You have a boat?"

"Yep, in the basement."

"Can I see it?"

"Sure, but finish your food first."

Jenny started to wolf it down.

"Slow down," Gibbs commanded gently. "We eat like humans in this house."

Jenny stopped and looked at both men like a scared little rabbit that had just been caught by the fox.

"It's okay, honey, just take your time. The boat isn't going anywhere."

"Nope," Tony added, "no way of getting it out of the basement."

Jenny finished the food in her mouth. "Then why build it there?"

"Well, it was the only dry stop at the time, and thank you for finishing your mouthful before talking."

She smiled.

"What kind of toys do you want?" Tony asked.

"I don't know."

"Well, when we get there you can pick out what you want."

"Really?" Jenny asked, smiling but almost close to tears at the same time.

"What's the matter, honey?" Gibbs asked, putting his hand on her head.

"Nothing."

"That face is not nothing, peanut. What's wrong?"

"I just miss Mom a lot and-"

"What?"

"Well you're both great and looking after me but…"

"I know, honey," Tony said softly. "You're allowed to miss your mom. I know I miss her. She would come over after you fell asleep, and she and I would talk for hours before I would carry you back home and put you in your bed. Jethro and I just want the best for you."

"I know. It's just hard," Jenny whispered, once again trying not to cry. "Mom always said she wished she had the money to buy anything she wanted and to get me anything I wanted."

"Honey, I want you to know one thing if nothing else; we love you. We know we'll never replace your mother, and we're not trying to. We just want you to be happy. You expressed a wish not to have any of your old stuff, and we respect that wish, so that's why we're getting you all new stuff. "

Jenny was still holding back the tears.

"And one more thing," Gibbs added. "It is okay to cry. Never, and I do not care who it is, never let anyone tell you it is not okay to cry."

"Thank you, Jethro." Jenny still didn't cry, but it wasn't because she was trying to hold it back. It was because the men had made her feel better.

They finished eating, Jethro sitting there drinking more coffee or what Tony called ‘swill that passed for coffee.' Jenny got up and started to take the plates from the table.

"What are you doing?" Gibbs asked curiously, watching her over the top of his mug.

"Well, at home I had to clear the table, so I just thought… Did I do something wrong?"

"No, it's okay, honey. Tony and I just never talked about having chores for you." Gibbs looked at Tony.

Tony smiled. "Okay, how about you help set and clear the table and you keep your room picked up."

"That sounds fair to me. What about you, Jenny?"

"Sure it was what I had to do at home. I also had to take the trash to the shoot."

"Not here. Tony gets trash detail." Gibbs smiled at his lover, who stuck a tongue out at him.

"Can I see the boat now?"

"Yes."

Gibbs took Jenny down the stairs while Tony finished cleaning up from breakfast. Tony heard the email ding. When he checked it he saw that Abby would be over shortly and that Tim and Ziva were out looking for a place for Ziva to live. Then it hit Tony. He picked up his cell phone.

"Yeah, Probie, I have an idea…Let me talk to Ziva…Ziva, yes how about you take my old place? This way I don't have to cancel the new lease I just signed…Ha, ha! It's called subletting. You really need to work on your English…Nah, people do it all the time, and I'll give you a lot better rate than you'd find at any other place…Cool, talk to you later."

He hung up the phone then made another call, this one to his buddy packing up his apartment, telling him his job just got a little easier since Tony was leaving all the furniture except the bedroom set. All the stuff except his electronics was just going into storage anyway, so why not let Ziva use it. He was even leaving the appliances in the kitchen. Once he made all the arrangements, he finished loading the dishwasher.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Wow, this is cool."

"Thank you," Gibbs said, thinking back to Megan and how she would help with the first boat he'd been building. And then there was Zach who'd been down here not so long ago and had helped.

"Tony's right, how are you going to get it out?"

"Not sure just yet. I'm thinking about busting down a wall and taking it out that way," Gibbs said, looking around the basement. When his gaze slid over the washing machine, he remembered his laundry from yesterday and went to throw the wet linen in the dryer.

"This is really nice, Jethro."

"Thank you. One day we'll have to come down here and work on it together," he promised, looking at Jenny as she stood next to his workbench.

When it dawned on him what was in there, he casually put a hand on her shoulder and guided her closer to the boat. Added to the agenda for later today was a lecture on gun safety since he had a sniper rifle and two handguns in the house, one of which was hidden in the workbench. And he knew Tony had al least three handguns himself.

Jenny began running her hand over the skeleton of the hull.

"This is very smooth."

"Yep. It's because Gibbs works on it so much that he tends to fall asleep underneath it all the time." Tony said as he descended the stairs, drying his hands on a hand towel.

"You sleep on the floor?" Jenny asked, wide-eyed.

"I have been known to fall asleep on the floor, yes."

One corner of Tony's mouth quirked up. "I always liked that smell on you."

"What smell?"

"Sawdust," Tony said with a smile as he stopped next to Gibbs.

Gibbs put his arm around Tony's waist and was gong to kiss him but stopped short and made it look all innocent-like since Jenny was watching them.

"It's okay, Jethro. I don't care if you kiss Tony," said with a smile as she walked around the boat.

Gibbs took advantage of her distraction and kissed Tony.

"What's this?" she asked, holding up a plane.

Gibbs smiled and walked over to her. "That is called a plane. Be careful because it's very sharp."

He was showing Jenny all the tools needed for boat building when Tony heard footsteps upstairs. Leaving the two alone, Tony went upstairs to see who it was.

"Hey, Abs."

"Hey, Tony. Man, you look like shit."

"Oh, thanks. You look just peachy yourself."

"Hey, I work hard for this look. What's your excuse for looking like you haven't slept in a week?"

"Jenny woke up three times with nightmares last night."

"Ouch. Sorry."

"It's cool. I had a feeling this might happen. She ended up falling asleep in bed with us. Sorry about having to wait to go shopping, but she didn't want to leave Gibbs at home. She feels better knowing we're both around."

"Well that's not surprising. She just lost her mom, and now two great people are looking out for her, and she doesn't what to lose you guys too."

Abby sat at the kitchen table, drinking a soda Tony had taken from the refrigerator for her. When they heard a truck pull up, Tony looked at the clock. It was 10:30. Nice, they might get out to the mall earlier than anticipated.

The men delivering the bed were there and were shown where to take it by Tony and they set to work. It was set up and the men were gone by 11:30. Having heard them leave, Gibbs and Jenny came up the stairs. There was sawdust not only in Gibbs' hair but also all over Jenny's dress.

Tony just shook his head. "Okay, you two, go up and get changed again before we go out. I am not going to be seen with both of you covered in sawdust," Tony said in a mock-stern voice. "Jenny, your bed just got set up. You want to go and see it?"

"Oh, yes, please!"

"After you get cleaned up you and Gibbs can go look at it. I think it will be cool after we put in a wall and make it like a sitting area and bedroom."

Gibbs and Jenny went up the stairs and changed, Gibbs laying out a shirt and pair of pants for Jenny this time. After being with her in the basement, he realized dresses weren't the smartest choice for everyday wear for little girls. While doing that he made a mental note to pick up a hamper for her room, along with a dresser, a desk and whatever else was needed for her room as far as furniture went.

Gibbs changed his shirt and brushed the sawdust from his hair while she changed, once again leaving his door open so she would know he was there. They then went upstairs to the attic to see the bed.

"That's all mine?" Jenny whispered in awe when she saw the bed. With it's canopy and four posts it looked huge to her.

"Of course. Tony said something about drapes-"

"Bed curtains, Boss," Tony corrected, entering the room behind them.

"Whatever." Gibbs glared at Tony since the younger man knew he didn't have a clue about those kinds of things.

"This is big." Jenny climbed up on the double bed. She and her mom had only had twin beds.

"Well, you're still growing, honey," Tony said. He knew she was thinking about the twin beds she and Monica had slept in. Monica had done the best she could. The only reason she'd been able to afford an apartment in his building was because one of her bosses had sublet it to her at a very reasonable price. "Now, let's get down there before Abby sends out a search party. Let's go shopping!"

They went downstairs and found Abby playing a game on Tony's computer in the living room, head moving sideways as she battled what looked like alligators.

Abby looked up. "Hey, guys." She ended the game, turned off the laptop and stood up. "You know, Tony, that was a great idea you had."

Gibbs raised one brow. "What great idea, Tony?"

"Well, I'm not using my apartment right now."

"Right. So?"

"So I'm going to sublet it to Ziva since she's having trouble finding a decent place. I'm sure she's tired of living on McGee's sofa."

"You're a smart man sometimes."

"Only sometimes?" Tony asked with a pout.

"Yep."

Gibbs helped Jenny with the coat she'd been given by child services since hers had been ruined in the accident. He, Tony and Abby put on their coats and left the house. As soon as they walked out the door, Jenny's hand was in Gibbs'. Walking behind them, Tony and Abby smiled at each other over that. Jenny got into the backseat.

As Abby was getting into the back as well, Jenny hesitantly asked, "Abby, can Tony sit back here?"

Abby just looked at Tony standing in Jenny's open door, then glanced up and met Gibbs' eyes in the rearview mirror.

"Sure. Abs you take the front," Tony said as Abby got out and he got in.

"Hey, works for me," Abby said as she slid into the front seat. "It's not often I get to ride shotgun with Boss-man."

Jenny reached over and took Tony's hand. Tony smiled at her, at the same time checking to see that she didn't look too tired or as if she was hurting. She hadn't taken a pain pill all day, saying she was okay when she'd been asked. He knew she was better, but he suspected she had refused mainly because the pills put her to sleep and she didn't want to miss this day of shopping.

Gibbs was driving like a normal human being, resulting in Abby saying, "Boss-man, you know how to drive like a human being."

"Every so often, Abby," Gibbs said with a smile at his lab tech, not taking offense at her comment.

"How about a new coat, Jenny?" Tony asked. "Would you like that?"

She shrugged. "I guess. This one is warm, though."

"Then you can use that one if you want."

"I think we need to look at dresses for Thanksgiving dinner," Gibbs added.

"What do you mean?"

"We're going to have a large dinner this year, the whole team getting together."

"Really, Boss-man?" Abby questioned excitedly.

"Hey, he's the boss," Tony threw in from the backseat.

"He doesn't say something he doesn't mean," Jenny added, remembering what Tony had told her.

Gibbs grinned at her reflection in the rearview mirror and winked. "That's right. I was thinking of having everyone bring something and we can do the turkey, maybe even get it deep-fried."

"That sounds like fun," Tony said.

"I think it will be, Tony." This time it was Tony's eyes Gibbs met in the rearview mirror, both men smiling intimately.

The mall wasn't far from Gibbs' place. In the area around the mall there was also a Home Depot, a Toys R Us and a TGI Friday's.

"Boss, let's stop at Home Depot too."

"What do we need from there?"

"I just want to see something."

Their eyes connected in the mirror once more. Tony's had a gleam in them. Gibbs just shook his head as they pulled into Home Depot. They all went in, Jenny between the men, holding their hands and not letting go. Abby took Gibbs' other hand. They walked around till Tony found what he was looking for.

"Okay, peanut, which one do you want?" he asked as they stood in front of the gym sets.

Jenny's eyes widened. They all looked so big. "Really?" she asked, looking at first one man then the other.

Gibbs looked at Tony, one eyebrow raised. Tony smiled, then looked down at Jenny as he said, "Yep."

Jenny let go of Tony's hand long enough to point at the largest of them all. "That one."

"Good choice," Abby said. "I'll go find a sales clerk." She went bouncing off and came back with an older lady.

"Yes, sirs, how can I help you?"

"I want to buy that," Tony said, pointing at the play set Jenny had picked out. "Can you deliver and assemble?"

"Yes, sir, but it is extra."

"No, then we'll-" Gibbs was stopped by one of Tony's fingers over his lips. Gibbs sighed. "That's fine, ma'am."

Tony was smiling ear-to-ear. He put his hand on Gibbs' arm. Gibbs just shook his head. Once again Jenny took hold of their hands as they followed the lady up front to pay. They were told it could be delivered on Sunday if that was convenient for them. Tony said that would be fine and thanked them as they left.

The next stop was Toys R Us. They walked in, again Jenny not letting go of Tony or Gibbs' hands. Tony stopped at the front of the store and got a cart, then steered one-handed towards the display of bicycles.

"Okay, honey, which one do you want?"

"No, Tony, that's too much right now," Gibbs protested. "Santa is coming next month."

Jenny started to laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"Jethro, there's no such thing as Santa," Jenny said, not letting go of their hands even though she was laughing.

"Even so," Tony said, winking at her before winking at Gibbs, "you heard Gibbs. No bike for now."

They walked over to the dolls, Jenny finally letting go of their hands when Tony said she could push the cart. With Abby and Tony's help she picked out a bunch of different Barbies and all the accessories to go with them. She also picked out a few plush animals. Abby found a huge Cheer Bear from Care Bears that she wanted for herself. After the eighth doll was put in the cart, Gibbs stopped them, stating once again the holidays were coming up.

Tony smiled, knowing Gibbs was looking forward to having a little girl to spoil at Christmas. Jenny frowned and bit her lip, then started to cry again. Tony bent down and gathered her into his arms, Gibbs bending down as well and putting a hand on her back.

"I miss Mom," she whispered before they could even ask what was wrong.

"It's okay to miss her, honey."

Tony stood up and picked her up. She was heavy, but he didn't care. She laid her head on his shoulder and cried, slowly calming until there were only a few sobs and sniffles. Abby was making faces at her, trying to make her happy again. It eventually worked. Tony put her down once she had quieted. She took both men's hands again, Abby pushing the cart this time as they went to pick out movies since Tony didn't have many kids movies in his collection. They also got Jenny a DVD player for her room.

Tony took Abby's bear and added it to the cart, telling her it was his gift to her for helping out today. She kissed his cheek before heading to a cash register. When they paid, Tony thought Gibbs was going to have a heart attack when they were told the total.

"Relax, Boss," Tony said. "I've paid more for some of the suits I where to work" Tony shot him that great smile of his that never failed to make Gibbs' heart do a little flip in his chest.

The next stop was the mall. This was a boring trip for Gibbs, but Abby was having a blast helping Jenny pick out things for her room and some more clothes, things more practical for an active little girl, although Gibbs balked at the black studded T-shirt. Abby just laughed. The only time Jenny wasn't holding hands with Tony since Gibbs was once again delegated to pack mule status, was when she was in the changing room.

Since Gibbs wouldn't let Abby buy the black studded T-shirt for Jenny, she popped into Hot Topic and got Jenny a shirt that said I'm With Stupid and had an arrow pointing left, where Gibbs was standing. Tony laughed. Gibbs rolled his eyes but one corner of his mouth turned up.

They went into the Kid Gap and got her a bunch more clothing. They also went to Macys and got her a dresser set that matched her bed and a desk for her computer and homework. They also stopped at the Dell store and picked out a computer system for her, one that would be built to their requirements and shipped to their house in a few days. Abby took care of that part of the shopping, making sure it would run on the network and have everything needed.

They also stopped in the Disney store. There they found a great dress for the Thanksgiving Dinner they were planning. It was a cute red velveteen dress with Minnie Mouse on it. She got a few other things from there before they left. By the time they finished shopping, they'd spent most of the day in the mall.

By the time everything was loaded into the trunk of Gibbs' car it was around 6:00 PM and stomachs were starting to rumble. Even Gibbs was tired. What was it about shopping that was more tiring than a day spent on the training course at Quantico? Not to mention more stressful to his heart when he saw the prices. Like how much Tony had paid for Blue Hawaiian coffee in that specialty store. The prices alone in there were enough to make him nearly pass out, but Tony assured him it would be worth it once he tasted this. Gibbs shrugged. To him coffee was coffee, no matter the price. Tony told him he was in for a rude awakening.

Because the TGI Friday's was right there, that's where they went for dinner. Jenny got chicken fingers again. Abby had seafood. Gibbs and Tony both had steak. After dinner they went back to the house. Once everything had been carried in, it was after 8:00 PM. Abby kissed the boys, thanked Tony again for the bear, then hugged Jenny before leaving, her walk as springy as it had been early that morning. Not that it had anything to do with the massive amounts of soda she had consumed with dinner.

"Okay, young lady, time for a bath, then off to bed."

"Okay, Jethro," she said and ran up the stairs.

"Please walk up and down the stairs," he called after her.

"Okay, sorry."

"It's okay, honey. We just don't want you to get hurt. One of us will be up in a moment to run the bath."

"Okay," she said, going up the stairs in a more sedate manner this time.

"I'll go," Tony said. "You look tired, baby."

Tony kissed Gibbs before heading upstairs. Gibbs followed, taking an armful of bags up with him. It took three trips to carry all the clothes and toys upstairs to the guest room. Once that was done he stood in the hallway and watched Tony running a bath for Jenny. They'd gotten her bubble bath scented like peppermint at the mall and Tony poured some of it in, making Jenny giggle when he took the suds that were foaming up and made himself a beard. Gibbs smiled as he watched their interaction.

After the water was done filling and Jenny was in the tub, Tony left the room, leaving the door open so she could still hear them. Going into the master bedroom he changed into a pair of house pants and a T-shirt. Gibbs had followed him in.

"You're going to spoil her, you know."

"Well, yes."

"To make up for what you didn't have."

Tony shrugged. "Kind of, but also to show her that we love her."

"I think she knows that, honey. We don't have to buy her everything in the mall to show we love her."

"I know, Boss." Tony sat next to Gibbs on the bed. "So, you think she'll be able to sleep in her room tonight?"

"Honestly, no, I don't."

"I had that feeling." Tony looked down at his crotch. "Sorry, guys, no fun tonight."

Gibbs chuckled. Tony smiled and kissed him, pulling him down on the bed and kissing him again and again. Gibbs returned the kiss, his hand going down the front of Tony's pants, causing the younger man to gasp.

"Um, Tony," came from the bathroom.

Both men snapped out of their haze of need and wanting, Gibbs reluctantly pulling his hands out of Tony's pants. Tony started to get up but Gibbs stopped him with a kiss and got up himself.

"Hey there, will I do?"

"Yes."

Gibbs took the large terrycloth towel and dried her off before wrapping it around her and leading her to the guest room. Underwear and a nightgown were already lying on the bed where he'd put them earlier when he'd carried everything up. He stood in the doorway and turned his back, giving her a little modesty as she dressed.

"Okay, Jethro."

He turned around. "Honey, you think you want to try sleeping in the bed alone tonight?"

Once again she had the deer-caught-in-headlights look.

"That's okay, we figured as much." Gibbs took her hand and led her back to his and Tony's room.

"You're not mad?" she asked in a little voice.

"Of course not, honey. We just want you happy."

Gibbs helped her up into the middle of the bed. Almost right away she was out like a light, sleeping peacefully. Gibbs was standing at the side of the bed, looking at her. Tony walked up behind him and put his arms around him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Tony." Gibbs kissed his cheek.

Tony got into the bed while Gibbs striped down to his boxers and T-shirt. They lay on either side of Jenny, stroking each other's arms.

"You know, we never did get around to food shopping," Tony commented.

"We'll go tomorrow. Since Jenny doesn't want to be separated from either of use, we'll make it a family outing. We'll have to buy the stuff for the Thanksgiving dinner, too."

"I like the idea of having a large group, the whole work family coming over to eat."

"I do, too. But I probably should have asked you first before suggesting it."

"It's okay, Jethro. These people are the only family I've ever had. I want to share the holidays with them. I want everyone to see how happy we are. And I want Jenny to know she has a big family ready to look out for her."

"Maybe we can invite Tom and Palmer."

That caused Tony's head to pop up. "I thought you hated him?"

"Who?"

"Jimmy."

"Nah, I just like to make him jump like I like to make McGee jump."

"You really are a bastard," Tony said affectionately.

"Just noticing that?" Gibbs asked with a smile before reaching over and turning off the lamp on the nightstand.

"Boss, about today," Tony said into the dark.

"Tony, spend the money. I really don't care. It's yours to spend."

"Hey, it's OUR money, so you have a say in it as much as I do. If you noticed I stopped when you said to."

"I know, honey, and thank you. Can we make one promise to each other?"

"What?"

"If we're going to fight, and I know there will be fights since neither one of us are angels to live with, can we just make sure it is not in front of her?" Gibbs put his hand on Jenny's head.

"I agree with that."

"Good, so you and Abby and Jenny can start decorating her room tomorrow. The bedroom furniture should be delivered tomorrow. I still can't believe you got next day delivery."

"Baby, it's all about how much you're willing to throw at them," Tony said, smiled evident in his voice. "We got some quilt bedding and matching curtains for the windows. The canopy and bed curtains match, too. And we have that pink fuzzy chair and the lava lamp. Think you can put up the wall to give her the illusion of having more rooms?"

"I think I can do that. It shouldn't be that hard."

"Good."

Tony rose up on an elbow, as did Gibbs, their mouths meeting in a gentle, loving kiss over Jenny. They then each lightly kissed the little girl sleeping between them.

"I'm scared, Gibbs."

"Why?"

"What if she's never okay?"

"Tony, she never will be completely over what happened. Yes, the therapy will help. We need to make a call in the morning to set that up, by the way. She lost her mother, her only family, and now she has two dads she doesn't know that well. How would you be?"

"Well, with me I might have rather had two dads like us than the parental units I was cursed with."

"Okay, bad example, but still, you get the point."

"Yeah. She's just so lost right now. She didn't let go of our hands in the mall unless it was absolutely necessary. We got a few stares today."

"Let them stare."

"You don't care, being seen with another man in public?"

"Tony the only people who need to know about us already know. The rest of the world can go take a leap off a cliff. I love you, and I am not embarrassed about that. There won't be as much public displays of affection as there might be with other people, but that's not because you're a man. I was the same way with my wives, but I won't run from you in public, either. Right now we just need to worry about Jenny."

"I love you, too, Boss, and Happy Birthday." Tony picked up Gibbs' hand that was stroking his arm and kissed it.

Gibbs wasn't surprised that Tony remembered it was the Marines birthday today.

Both men stopped talking and finally drifted to sleep, surrounded by the love of a newly formed family.