- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony got sick and a family all at once.

Once again Gibbs was the first to wake. He lay there, realizing he'd just had the best night's sleep he'd ever had. Tony's bed made a huge difference with it's foam top that conformed to his body. And his old bed wasn't small, but now they had room enough for all three people to fit without even a thought of a problem. Tony was curled up on the edge of the bed on his side, and Jenny was sprawled out in the middle.

Gibbs saw the clock on the nightstand on Tony's side of the bed. It was a new addition to the room. It was 0600. Damn, he was tired and horny. He and Tony had just gotten together and had made love for one night and made out the next morning but that was all.
Right now Jenny came first, even if he was yearning to make love again with Tony. But at this rate it might be a fast and hard fuck.

He was going to try to get Jenny to sleep in her room tonight. It should be done by bedtime. The walls wouldn't take that much time to put up. The hardest part would be measuring the space and getting the supplies. He had a large table saw out in his shed at the back of the house. The only other thing out there was the riding mower he owned. Hell, the basement was larger then his shed, which was one reason the boat was in the basement and not the shed.

Gibbs lay there for another twenty minutes before getting out of bed. He threw on a T-shirt and went to get a cup of coffee. After only one day he'd grown addicted to the Blue Hawaiian that Tony had bought him. He'd just poured a cup and was taking a sip when he heard two little feet coming down the stairs.

Looking up, he saw a still-sleepy little girl "Morning, sunshine."

"Hi, Jethro," she mumbled, walking in and rubbing the gunk from her eyes. She sat at the table.

"You're up early."

"Not tired," she said, almost falling asleep at the table.

"Um, okay. So, are you hungry?"

"Nope."

"Well, I'm going to have some oatmeal."

Gibbs went to the pantry and got out a packet of instant oatmeal. He measured the water into a bowl and put it in the microwave. Looking at Jenny, he noticed how she was slumped at the table, just this side of sleeping.

"Okay, honey, no sleeping at the table. If you're tired, then you can go back up to bed."

"Not tired," she mumbled again.

"Jenny, you're sleeping at the table," he said as he mixed the oatmeal and water. "Come on, let's get you back up to bed." He left the oatmeal on the table.

"No, I'm fine, really. Can I go and watch TV?"

"Sure, honey."

Jenny shuffled out of the room, heading for the living room and the TV. Gibbs sat back down and ate the food in front of him, drinking some of the best coffee he'd ever had. Tony had been right about that, not that he would admit it to the younger man. How could be admit Tony knew more about coffee, HIS addiction, than he himself did?

Gibbs finished his breakfast, put the dishes in the dishwasher, then turned it on. He then walked out and found Jenny sleeping on the sofa, curled up under a throw that Tony had just bought from the Disney Store. He'd said Gibbs needed more color in his house and this would help. Gibbs smiled and went up to see Tony.

When he got there Tony was spread eagle on the bed. Gibbs looked out in the hall and down the stairs. Jenny was still out cold. So was Tony. He'd been up for about an hour, but he wanted to crawl back into bed, right between Tony's legs and wake him up properly but knew that Jenny could wake up at anytime, so they couldn't chance an early morning blow-job.

Since he couldn't do what he wanted, Gibbs just crawled into the bed and laid his head on Tony's chest and listened to Tony breathing. After doing that for a while he kissed Tony's nipple and licked it ever so lightly. Tony had more than one response to that stimulus. Gibbs could see the morning wood forming in his boxers, and Tony's breathing was different, a little faster. Gibbs lifted his head and settled his mouth over Tony's. Tony's eyes opened as he returned the kiss. Tony flipped Gibbs on his back, not even breaking the kiss. Tony's hands pinned Gibbs to the bed, one on each of the older man's wrists as he straddled Gibbs' body.

Both men were moaning with passion by that time.

"Tony," Gibbs panted.

"Um."

"Tony, Jenny could walk in."

"You're no fun," Tony complained, kissing him again and letting go of his hands.

Gibbs took control again, flipping them over so that Tony was on his back and Gibbs was on top, continuing the kiss as if he needed it to breathe.

"I'll show you fun soon, honey," Gibbs declared, kissing him again, "but right now we have walls to build, paint to slap on and curtains to hang and that rug thing that you bought that looks like a dead poodle."

Tony snorted. "Hey, that's cute."

"Yeah, okay, if you say so. It looks like a dead Poodle "

Gibbs kissed him again before getting out of bed and heading for the bathroom. He was finished with his shower and standing in front of the mirror shaving by the time Tony crawled out of bed. Tony walked in, put his arms around the still-damp Gibbs and kissed the nape of his neck just under the edge of the silver hair. Gibbs stopped mid-stroke because his blood had left his hand and gone straight to his hardening dick.

"You keep that up I might just throw you on the bed and fuck you senseless."

"I can live with that," Tony murmured, licking and nibbling at that spot on Gibbs' neck now.

Gibbs put the razor down as he tried to regain control of his body, but that wasn't going to happen anytime soon, and he knew it. Gibbs surprised Tony by turning around and kissing him harder than he'd ever kissed him before. Tony was shocked; it almost broke his nose it was so hard and fast. Gibbs flipped their position so that Tony was up against the bathroom counter, Gibbs' body pressing him against it. Gibbs made another move, flipping Tony around and bending him over the sink.

"Oh, God yes, Boss, please."

"Please what, Tony?"

Gibbs leaned in, kissing his way down Tony's spine. He licked his fingers and inserted one into Tony's eager rectum. Tony gasped for air when the finger invaded his body, taking hold of his own hard member and stroking it slowly while Gibbs prepared him.

"God, Boss, I need you in me NOW!"

"Not yet, honey, not yet."

Gibbs had gone from kissing to nipping at the spot where Tony's spine ended. Tony was feeling decidedly lightheaded, as if he could lose consciousness at any moment. Gibbs spit on his fingers again and inserted a second one to Tony's waiting hole. Tony was moaning, nearly screaming from the bliss of having Gibbs finger him.

"Boss, now, please, I need to feel you."

"I'm right here, Tony."

Gibbs sank his teeth into Tony's shoulder, although it wasn't hard enough to break the skin. Tony was moaning, finding it difficult to breathe. Between Gibbs kissing, biting and preparing him and him stroking himself, his breath had nearly been stolen. Gibbs spit into his hand a few times and rubbed it over his hard, leaking cock, using it for lubricant.

Gibbs' blue eyes met Tony's in the mirror. "You ready?"

"Been ready. Please, fuck me. HARD!"

"Never, Tony. I won't fuck you, but I will make love to you. It will always be love."

With that declaration Gibbs slid into Tony in one smooth move, managing to hit his prostate on the first stroke. Tony screamed in sheer ecstasy and shot his load. With the clenching of Tony's internal muscles, Gibbs only had to move once before he, too, was shooting his warm seed deep into Tony. Both men were sweating and panting, trying to gain control again. Gibbs slipped out of Tony and Tony moaned with displeasure from the void that he left in him.

Tony couldn't move. The loving had been fast and hard and he felt boneless about then. Gibbs helped him up. Tony was leaning on the sink, looking at his older lover.

"I think you need another shower, Boss."

"I think you're right, we both need a shower. And you need to clean up your mess," Gibbs added, pointing at the cum dripping down the front of the sink cabinet. Tony still wasn't breathing normally.

"God, Boss."

"I know, Tony."

Tony's hand was coming up to lie against Gibbs' face when they heard a little girl cough from the hall.

"Hey, Peanut," Tony called, reaching for a towel to cover himself and throwing one at Gibbs.

Jenny walked into the bathroom, almost in tears.

"What's wrong, sunshine?"

"I woke up and couldn't find you guys."

"We're right here, honey," Gibbs said, tightening the knot in the towel around his waist, "getting ready for a hard day's work in your new room."

"I heard someone scream."

Gibbs looked at Tony, silently letting him know he could handle that since he had been the one screaming. Tony smiled.

"I just stubbed my toe, honey."

"You okay?"

"Oh, I am now, so how about I hit the shower and we go upstairs and start hanging the curtains and moving things around where you want them and Gibbs will be up shortly and show us where the walls will go."

"Okay."

Tony gave Gibbs a quick kiss before walking out of the room, receiving a swat on the rump from Gibbs when he went by him. Tony took a clean pair of boxer briefs out of the dresser and put them on, then removed the towel. He threw on a pair of sweats and an old ratty T-shirt, then took Jenny upstairs and laid out her clothes for her, turning his back while she dressed. Gibbs followed soon after, carrying a tape measure, two hammers and some small nails.

"These are for your curtain rods."

Jenny and Tony both smiled, anxious to start the decorating.

Gibbs noticed how warm it was up there. "I was worried about heat but I can see this will be the warmest room in the house."

"Heat rises, Boss."

"I know that, DiNozzo."

"Jethro, why do you sometimes call Tony by his last name?"

"Not sure, just a thing we do at work. I rarely call him Tony."

"Same thing for me. I call him Boss because a while ago we started to call him that. Just a nickname I guess."

"It's weird."

"So are we."

Tony attacked the little girl with a barrage of tickles, causing her to giggle to no end. Gibbs got in on the fun, but he attacked Tony, who stopped tickling Jenny; he was now the one giggling like a little girl. Jenny helped Gibbs work Tony over. When Gibbs noticed Tony was having trouble breathing, he stopped tickling him, remembering his lungs weren't what they should be.

"Sorry, honey," Gibbs apologized, helping Tony sit up.

"No, it's cool. It was fun," Tony panted, then started to cough.

"Yeah, okay, you want your lung back?" Gibbs' eyes said it all, how sorry he was.

"Jethro, it was all fun and games, and I'm fine now."

Tony got up and took one of the hammers and started to hang the curtain rods. Jenny had two windows, on opposite sides of the room. There were shades on them, but Tony put up a heavy dark pink curtain and on top of that a sheer light pink curtain. It made the place look cute. With Jenny's help, Tony put the chair together. All the while Gibbs was taking measurements and writing them down.

"Okay, let's go to Lowe's and get the stuff to build the walls."

"Um, Boss, how are we getting wood and drywall into your car?"

"Duh, Tony, they rent a trunk and we can rent it to bring the stuff back then take the truck back, or we can have them deliver."

"I take it you've done this before."

"Well, the boat is wood," Gibbs said with a smile. He hadn't worked on it in over a week and he missed it a little but not enough to make him wish the last week hadn't happened. "So, who's coming?"

Gibbs went downstairs, Tony and Jenny right behind him. They piled into the car and made the twenty-minute drive to Lowe's, Jenny holding both their hands as they walked inside. Once inside they intended to split up, but Jenny wouldn't let go of either of them, so they got the supplies together.

First they went for the wood Gibbs would need, then the drywall and nails. He talked to a clerk about renting a truck for their purchases. Once that was finished, they went to the paint department. They picked out two colors from the Disney line, Sleeping Beauty Pink and Stitch Blue. Tony saw a door with princesses on it and decided it would be perfect to put at the bottom of the stairs leading to Jenny's room, which excited the little girl so much she bounced up and down. Tony laughed and bounced with her. Gibbs just smiled. It was nice to have life in his house again.

They paid for the stuff at the front and rented the truck. Tony made a show of double-checking Jenny's seatbelt since Gibbs was driving the delivery truck. Gibbs glared at him but one corner of his mouth twitched. He drove to their house and unloaded their purchases, doing most of the lifting himself, not wanting Tony to put too much stress on his lungs after being in the hospital. Tony rolled his eyes but didn't argue. He and Jenny carried the paint up the stairs, Gibbs right behind them.

After the truck was unloaded, Gibbs planned to return it. "Okay, guys, I'll be right back."

"We can't come?" Jenny asked, looking a bit scared.

Gibbs squatted down to her level, Tony right next to her, one hand on her shoulder.

"Honey, I'll be fine. You and Tony can stay home and make lunch for us."

"But-" Jenny looked on the verge of tears.

"Honey, don't cry. I won't be gone more than fifty minutes." Gibbs looked at his watch. "Okay, it's 11:30 now. So if I'm gone fifty minutes, what time will I be back? Can you tell me?"

Jenny knew how to do the math but she wasn't thinking clearly, too worried about the separation.

"Come on, Peanut, you can do it," Tony encouraged, also bending down to her level and moving his hand to her back. He and Gibbs hadn't discussed this, but he could see what Gibbs was trying to do and followed suit.

Gibbs' arm with the watch on it was still held up so Jenny could look at it.

"Um, 12:20."

"Very good, honey. Yes, I'll be home by then. You can call me on my cell phone, but it might not be safe to drive and talk. I'll call when I get there and when I'm leaving. How does that sound?"

Tony handed her the phone. "When this says Boss, you can pick it up and answer it. Okay?" Tony smiled at her before winking at Gibbs.

"Okay, but hurry back."

Gibbs kissed her cheek before getting into the truck and driving off. Tony and Jenny went back into the house and Tony made grilled cheese sandwiches, one of the only things he could actually make since there wasn't so much cooking involved as there was keeping the temperature from getting too high that it burned. The phone rang fifteen minutes later. Gibbs was driving.

"Hello?"

"Jenny, I'm leaving now, okay?"

"Yes, Jethro." Jenny disconnected the phone and put it back on the table.

"See, everything is okay."

Tony let Jenny get the dishes for their lunch. He'd made tomato soup to go with the sandwiches. Twenty minutes later Gibbs walked into the kitchen.

"What smells so good?"

"I'm making lunch like you asked, Pookie," Tony said, seeking a smile from the older man.

Gibbs walked over and hugged Jenny. As he hugged Tony from behind, Tony twisted his head around so their mouths could meet.

"Okay, call me when it's done. I want to try to get that wall up fast."

Gibbs went upstairs and started working. About ten minutes later Tony sent Jenny up to get him. In that span of time he had most of the frame up for one side. Tony had also gotten a normal door for the room to make it a separate bedroom and living area. Laying his tools down, Gibbs followed Jenny down to eat.

"I'm going to start taking the boxes down to the basement today," Tony said.

"No, you're not. That's too much work for you."

"Boss, I'm not a child, I can do a little work. As an NCIS agent I have to run and keep up with the bad guys."

"Yes, but there you can, you have no choice. Here, you can't."

"Now, that is not fair."

"I can help Tony," Jenny offered.

"I know, honey, but a lot of them are heavy because of what's in them."

"It's just old junk I've collected through the years," Gibbs said.

"Never would have thought you for a collector."

"Truth be told it's stuff from my childhood. Old comic books and baseball stuff."

"You mean you were a kid once?"

"Smart a-" Gibbs stopped and looked at Jenny.

"You were saying, Boss?" Tony questioned, smiling from ear to ear.

Gibbs just glared at him.

"That's what I thought. Now, while you're up there sweating and putting up the walls, I can move the boxes, then come up and paint."

"No."

"Boss, this isn't up for debate, this is the way it is. I'm not going to let you or anyone else tell me what I can and can't do because I've been sick," Tony said firmly, putting his foot down.

Gibbs wanted to argue with him, but with Jenny in the room they couldn't go any further, so he didn't say anything else, but his look said it all as he began eating again.

Gibbs finished his food then went upstairs, still not saying a word. Tony knew he was pissed, but he didn't really care. He was not going to let Gibbs baby him all because he'd been sick and had almost died. He was smart enough to know when he'd overdone it and stop before he reached that point. He sent Jenny up to sit with Gibbs while he worked, moving nearly twenty boxes into the basement before his breathing became a bit ragged and he decided he'd done enough.

"Jethro said we can paint now," Jenny said, having come down the stairs silently. "He's
putting up the door to the attic now."

"Thanks, honey, I'll be right up."

Once she had gone back up, Tony sat on the basement steps, breathing heavily. He couldn't let Gibbs see that he'd overdone it after all. He'd never hear the end of it and Gibbs overprotective self would call Ducky, and he did not need a lecture from him either. He sat there for about five minutes, then went up to the attic. He was red and sweaty but he was breathing okay by that time. Gibbs was still working on the door and Jenny was in the attic on the top step, watching Gibbs.

"You okay?"

"Fine. Why?"

"Tony, look-" Gibbs looked up at Jenny. "Honey, can you give us a moment? We need to talk. We're just going to our room, okay?"

"You're going to fight, right?"

"No, Peanut, I promise we won't fight. We just need to talk."

"But I can't see you."

"Honey, come here," Gibbs said.

She went down the steps.

"Honey, both of us love you. We're not going anyplace. We're safe in our own house, and nothing will happen to us here. You don't have to worry."

"I just don't want to lose you."

"Oh, honey, you're never going to lose us. Hell, Tony is like a bad penny, always turning up were he shouldn't be."

Jenny didn't get the joke but she laughed anyway. Gibbs smiled.

"Go up and play with your dolls, and we'll be right up. You can leave the door open, and we'll leave our door open as well. How does that sound?"

She thought about it for a moment. "Okay."

Jenny walked away but kept looking back at them. She was up the stairs when the men walked back to their room, leaving the door open behind them.

"Baby, I'm sor-"

Gibbs put his finger to Tony's lips, then his lips met Tony's. Tony melted. He knew Gibbs meant well, but he couldn't stay mad at the man no matter how hard he tried.

"Tony, I'm sorry. I know you're not a baby. I just worry. It's my job in life to look after the people I love, and that's you and Jenny, and you know how seriously I take the job," he said, sliding a hand around Tony's waist.

"Baby, I know, but you have to let me out of the cage every so often or I'm going to be like a canary in a coal mine. I need to do things. Yes, I overdid it a bit today. I'm not going to lie to you. I couldn't even if I tried. I need to see how far I can push my body because if we go back to work I need to know I can still keep up and do what I do best."

"And that would be?"

"Getting into trouble so my knight in shining armor can come and save the day."

Tony leaned in and placed his lips against Gibbs' mouth. With a groan Gibbs pulled Tony tight against his body, slanting their mouths and flicking his tongue against the seam of Tony's mouth, demanding entrance. Tony was more than happy to oblige. It had been far too long, and he needed a taste of Gibbs like a crack whore needed a fix. Okay, so they'd fucked that morning, but they hadn't had time for kisses.

Gibbs' tongue was demanding in its exploration. If Tony had still had his tonsils, Gibbs would have found them by that time. As it was his tongue learned every nuance of Tony's mouth, including the shape of his teeth and the texture of his tongue.

Tony groaned, his hands sliding around Gibbs and down to his ass, grasping both cheeks and squeezing, earning an answering moan from Gibbs. Two hard cocks, separated by four layers of clothing, ground together in an instinctual rhythm.

Gibbs' mouth left Tony's, finding an earlobe and nipping sharply.

"Boss!" Tony gasped, head falling back, giving his lover access to the vulnerable area of this throat, an unspoken gesture of trust and surrender.

Gibbs' hands slid up Tony's ribs and chest, finding the top button of Tony's shirt and working it through the hole. He was reaching for the second button when they heard it.

"Tony!"

"Oh, no, no, no," Tony whispered, leaning his forehead against Gibbs', his breathing as harsh as the older man's.

"Tony! Jethro!"

Tony cleared his throat. "We'll be right up, honey!"

There was a moment of silence, then, "Okay."

Breathing under control and erections reluctantly subsiding, both men walked upstairs and to start painting. Gibbs opened both windows a bit. The air was cold, but they needed the ventilation against the paint fumes. Not to mention the cold air helped cool them off.

They painted the walls and moved the bed so it maximized the space, then hung the matching pink sheers from the canopy. Once they were finished they stepped back to admire their handiwork, deciding the room was cute, just what a little girl needed.

Her computer would be delivered in a few days, and they would have McGee over to hook it up for her. Gibbs thought the only thing lacking up there was a phone, but he decided she needed to grow up a bit more before they took that step. Lord knew when she became a teenager they'd probably wish they'd never given her one in the first place, but that wasn't till further down the line, and frankly, the thought of Jenny becoming a teenager scared the shit out of the ex-Marine.

"So, what should we do for dinner? I didn't take anything out."

"How about take out?" Tony suggested since he couldn't cook much more than the cheese sandwiches and tomato soup he'd made for lunch and Gibbs was tired whether he would admit it or not.

"Sounds fine. What do you want, Jenny?"

"Can we get pizza?"

"Sure, honey."

They walked downstairs and ordered two large pizzas, one with extra cheese and one with hamburger. While waiting for their food they sat down and watched a movie they'd just gotten. When the pizza arrived they ate in the living room while finishing the movie.

"Jethro, Tony, can we go see a real movie? I've only been once."

"Sure, honey," Tony said around the lump in his throat from her wistful tone. "I think Harry Potter comes out next Friday, so how about we go then?"

"Really? I can see Harry Potter?"

"Yep. Have you read the books?"

"Nope. I don't read too well. I'm in the stupid people classes."

Tony's eyes blazed. "No, you're NOT! Don't you ever say that."

"That's what the other kids at school call it."

"Jenny, I don't care what they say. You're not stupid. You hear us?" Tony said to her, pointing to both himself and Gibbs.

She nodded her head yes. Neither she nor Tony noticed the speculative look Gibbs sent Tony's way.

"I have a copy over at my place since I never told them to pack up the books, so one day we can ask Ziva to bring it over. How does that sound? Maybe we can read the books together because I know Gibbs here has not even heard of them."

"I have, too. I just don't know anything about them. It might be fun to read them as a family, then Abby can't yell at me about not knowing pop culture anymore."

"Great."

It was around 8:30 when Jenny tried to hide a yawn. It wasn't that late, but they had all worked hard and were tired.

"Okay, honey, time to get ready for bed."

"But I'm not tired," she protested.

"Did I say go to bed? No, I said get ready for bed," Gibbs said.

He went up with her, leaving the bathroom door open while she bathed, taking a shower tonight instead of a bath. He was in his room, reading a book about the history of the A-10 Wart Hog Jet Plane when she came out. Looking in his room as if to check to see if he was still there, she then went up and got dressed in her nightgown. Tony had already laid it on the bed along with underwear and socks. After dressing she went back to the master bedroom but Gibbs was till lost in his book.

"Can we watch another movie?"

"Sure," he said, whipping off the glasses he never admitted to needing. "What do you want to watch this time?"

"How about The Princess Diaries?"

"Okay, whatever you want."

They went downstairs to find Tony sprawled on the sofa, sleeping. Jenny sat on the love seat and Gibbs moved Tony's head so it would lie in Gibbs' lap. Halfway through the movie Gibbs heard snoring coming from Jenny. He stopped the movie and moved out from under Tony's head without waking him.

"Jenny, come on, honey let's get you to bed."

"Not tired," she mumbled.

"Okay, but humor me, okay? Let's get you upstairs."

Gibbs helped her up and was guiding her up the stairs to her room. She went without a problem, not even noticing which room they went into. Gibbs turned the covers down and helped her into bed.

"Where'm I?" she mumbled, more than half asleep.

"You're sleeping in your bed."

"Um."

Gibbs tucked her in and left the room, leaving the door to the room and the door leading up to the stairs open. He woke Tony and slipped an arm around his waist as they proceeded up the stairs side-by-side. More than half asleep himself, Tony smiled sleepily when Gibbs placed a gentle kiss on his forehead and undressed him, leaving his boxers on and helping him into bed. Gibbs undressed to his boxers as well and crawled into bed beside Tony.

"Good night, Tony."

"Night, Boss," Tony mumbled, moving over and snuggling up to Gibbs, using him as a pillow.

Gibbs smiled and wrapped his arm around Tony, and that was how they fell asleep.

Chapter End Notes:
YOu might what to read No More sick days before you start this story