- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
MORE VICTIMS,MORE SUSPITIONS,ONE SUSPECT ... WHO XANDROS REALLY IS, AND IS KATE IN DANGER ?
Chapter 6


- WHAT LIES BENEATH-

- I've called director Morrow to question you – said Gibbs to Xandros while sitting with him in investigation room. This situation is pretty inconvenient for me too, despite what you think.
- As you wish…though, every circumstance is definitely against me, and I‘m aware , that no matter what I say, I'm presumed guilty.
- Not quite – Gibbs wanted to say something, but got interrupted by Morrow's coming.

He looked at Xandros and unexpectedly asked Gibbs to leave.

- We need a talk, kid – said with father's care in his voice.
- The last thing I wanted is someone getting killed because of me Tom. It's way beyond our control. And it's not only because I'm snooping on Austin's case.
- I know, I didn't expect it either. This case seems to be further more complicated… Anyways, I heard that Kate gave you an alibi. Gibbs mentioned something.
- Great… this is another thing I exactly needed. If I deny , I will ruin her career, if I lie …
- You have to lie, and admit she was with you… If they found out, who you really are …It's too' soon to reveal it.

As soon as they finished, Xandros left the room.
Kate with anxiety was sitting on chair, in front of the door.
He passed her without single gaze even, and seemed to be pissed off like hell.
Meanwhile Morrow and Gibbs went to conference room to discuss something.

( at lobby )

- Xandros, wait – we need a talk – Kate rushed after him.
He slowly turned over, giving her shut up or die look. She was ready to sacrifice her whole career for him, and he didn't want it.
- Why did you lie? You don't have to protect me, especially not like that, Caitlin …
- I just …
- Don't say anything… - Xandros hated himself, for putting her in such a mess.

They were close to argue, when tall gorgeous blonde interrupted them.

- Alex, did you finish ? – she asked, looking at Kate with pity .
- Actually I did, come on Amber – he took her hand and they left.

Kate stood there, unable to say anything.
Finally she grabbed her gear and rushed after them.
- Maybe, you finished with me, but I haven't finished with you – she said to herself, while driving after Amber's car. Tonight, we will talk…

She parked across the street, and watched them from the distance.
It looked, like a typical date… Candlelight supper, romantic Italian restaurant on boulevard…Kate felt tactless snooping on Alex like that.
Swiftly scene changed and started to look like a lover's argument… harsh argument.

- Enough of that - Kate decided to come back home…

As much as she wanted, she couldn't stop thinking bout Amber and Xandros.
From the first day, she saw Alex, she was hitting on him. And Kate felt kind of…. Jealous.
She was cruising without sense for about 2 hours.

Finally she decided to go home.
When she was passing the bridge, she got stopped by the police.

- No passage miss. There has been an accident and there is a roadblock.
- What happened , I'm an NCIS agent- Kate flashed her badge.

- We are pulling the car out of the water…
Suddenly Kate saw a car, and could have sworn it was Amber's…

Meanwhile at NCIS – late at night…

- I can't believe it … Morrow ordered to leave him alone….His is the killer… - Tony was shouting.
- Actually, he's innocent until proven guilty – McGee wanted to clear the dense atmosphere.
- Shut up Probie - Tony was furious. That's high time, I talked to Gibbs .

- Boss, I've heard the news… I made a little surveillance and his files, and they are encrypted.
- Why didn't you tell me? – Gibbs yelled. I just talked to Bahrain, and they are sure, we have a mole…Plus this terrorist in the morgue, 4 killed people, files missing.
- I'm sorry – Ducky came up. Amber , this girl from reception. Her car was pulled from the river 15 minutes ago – he said with his calm English tone.
- We are going…- Gibbs ordered.


At Xandros apartment

Kate was driving like crazy to Xandros' apartment.
- He couldn't have done it… I don't believe it – blood was busting in her veins.
She was feeling deluded, furious…
2 hours ago she had seen them together, and then saw her car and her body … looked like accident, but something was telling her, that it wasn't .
She reminded herself, argue scene…

- You bastard – Kate smashed Xandros' straight into eyebrow.
She holstered her zig and aimed at him.

- Caitlin, what is going on?
- I saw you, I saw you with her, at Luigi's and then her accident…Why did you kill her?… Did she frame Katherine in Major Austin's death?
- Amber, Amber is dead?

Kate was still aiming in his chest…

At crime scene

- She got killed, before car fell into the water. Someone wanted this, to look like an accident.
- Ducky, keep on working- Gibbs approached one of the policemen.
- NCIS, can we talk? – He asked.
- One of your agents, already questioned me – policeman said.
- Who did, we just arrived !
- Tall brunette, pretty sexy…
- KATE- Tony and Gibbs said it at once.
- Boss, she had seen Alex walking out with Amber. She joined the facts… as far as I know her, she went to his place.


……

Back at Alex's


- That's whole story Caitlin …
They were sitting on a couch close to each other.
- I'm sorry Xandros, especially for that.
She put some ice over his eyebrow, and leaned over …desperately wanting to kiss him.
For so long…
- You should go I'm sorry …
- Yeah, I suppose I should – Kate stepped back, walking to the door.
- Caitlin, please, don't do anything stupid. Leave it to me, alright? Promise me …
- Yes. I'm going home, I have enough for today- she said, walking out the door.

Alex stood on his doorstep watching Kate driving away.

Suddenly, out of the blue Tony approached him.

- Where is Kate you son of a bitch ? – Tony yelled and smashed Xandros hardly. If you hurt her , I will rip your heart out – Tony was acting wild.
Fight evolved and they both threw over the window and balcony.
Tony opened his eyes, and saw Alex lying next to him .

- What have you done? – Gibbs approached Tony, watching his hands whole covered in Alex's blood.

To be continued