- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
HEART BREAKING FINALE , revealing the Xandros real identity... at least some details ;)
CHAPTER 8

TO SERVE AND PROTECT


Flashback

- How is he? – Older man asked.
- He's dying …

(At the hospital)

- How is he Caitlin? – Ducky put his hand on Kate's arm. You have been sitting here for ages, you should get some sleep.
- He's dying Ducky – Kate put her arms around him, crying.

Ducky didn't know what to say. From the first moment he saw them together, he noticed that strange, strong link between them. He never asked Kate about it, feeling that, she doesn't want to talk about it.
Now, she seemed like she finally wanted to tell about it.

- I can offer you at least a cup of coffee and shoulder to cry on – Ducky suggested.


(At NCIS)

Gibbs was talking to Tom Morrow on the phone, and he looked like a spanked kiddo.
At the opposite corner of the lobby, Tony was dealing with the worst day of his life. Not mentioning tonguing Amanda, who turned to be a guy…
Tony simply couldn't deal with all events… Plus he was feeling, that Gibbs is hiding something. Like he wasn't worth of a trust , despite almost 3 years working together.

Finally Tony approached him.

- You don't trust me, boss ? I know that, I went hot-headed, he turned out innocent… but you owe me an explanation. I could have killed him .

Gibbs didn't say a word and showed Xandros' decrypted data to Tony.
- Holy shit ….- Tony managed to say only this.


(At the cafeteria)

- Kate, it's gonna be o.k – Ducky was trying to cheer Kate up, at least a little bit.
- I have seen him like that, twice Ducky …
- I figured you know each other well , but ….
- yeah – Kate sighed. I was a law student , and Judge Ryan was my tutor .
- Hold on , you wanna tell , Judge Ryan ? The…Ryan ….- Ducky couldn't hide his emotions.
- Judge John Ryan – Alex' father – Kate continued. Alex's real name is Alexandros Ryan Konstantinopoulos.
- O my Goodness !!!
- When he got killed in this accident, I quit studies and got assigned to protect Elizabeth Ryan. I just started working in Secret Service thanks to her.
- You mean…Senator Elizabeth Konstantinopoulos Ryan ?
- Yes…a woman who was supposed to be first woman elected U.S President in history. She got shot, 3 days before the voting, while opening her Charity Foundation. Alexandros was shot by ricochet, and spent almost 3 months in hospital getting over… It was all my fault Ducky.
- You resigned from the service, right after.
- I did, despite Xandros' statement, that I did my best to protect his mother. He never blamed me, and that is killing me… I can't deal with it. I don't want him to die… Not now Ducky.

Kate seemed to be getting over the real trauma now, and Ducky didn't know how to help her.
The story, she has just told him … really shaked his nerves.
He would rather expect, dejected love than something like this …


and there wasn't all of the story

To be continued
Chapter End Notes:
to be continued and i will keep on surprise you. if you like it feedback to me