- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My first fanfic...
Author's Chapter Notes:
Why can't he stand up to his father?

Anthony Dinozzo walk in to his appartment after a long day at work. It had been a bit of a tough case that day, but it had been solved quicker then they originally thought. It had been a lot of luck involved, but the case were none the less solved.
He barely got settled in the couch, before the doorbell rang. He sighed and pulled himself up. He opened the door and felt like he was going to passout.
Outside the door stood the horror of his life. The man was a little shorter than himself, but what he lacked in hight he gained in mucels. The hair was almost the same colour as his eyes, wich was starting to get gray. His eyes was filled with anger.
"Dad. What are you doing here?"
"Are you not going to ask me in?" His fathers voice was sharp and it made Tony want to run and hide. Wich he had plenty of practice in from his childhood.
"Sure." He steped a side and let the man walk in. He closed the door after him and followed his father in to the living room.
"So what are you doing here?" The slap came from nowhere and surprised Tony more than it hurt.
"Do not take that tone with me, Anthony." Tony swallowed and tried not to let his feelings show. Growing up he usually never hit him, but only because he was to drunk. Drinking didn't apear to be that much of a problem anymore.
"Your grandfather has something important to tell you and wants you to come home within the next week. Got it?"
"Couldn't you just have called?" He couldn't stop himself from saying the words and got another slap in return.
"Hold your tung. You are nothing but trouble and why he wants you even in the city is beyond me. But you will be there even if I have to drag you there."
"Yes, sir." Without another word he turned and left.
Tony didn't move for several minuttes. He thought he was just gonna go to bed when he saw that there was a message on his answering maskin.
"Hi Tony. I didn't want to bother you at work, but must give you a heads up. Dad is in DC, so he will be coming by. Grandpa wants us to visit him soon. He seems worried about something. So please come. You can stay at my place, so you don't have to stay with dad. Well, talk to you later bro."
Tony touched his face were his father had slapt him. "Thanks for the heads up, Bobby."

Tony walk into the office 10 minuttes late the next morning. His cheek was throbing a bit, but the blow hadn't made a mark. He had a small hope that Gibbs hadn't come in yet, wich was killed by he first look on Kate and McGee's expressions. And the way they didn't dare to look away from their computer screens, could only meen that Gibbs had a really bad day.
"Dinozzo." Tony wanted nothing more than to sink down a hole in the floor at that moment.
"Yeah, boss."
"Sit your ass down at your desk and do what you are paid to do." Tony saw that Gibbs didn't appear to have any coffee. He would be lucky if he got through the day alive. "Do that again and don't bother coming in ever again."
"Sorry, boss. Made a mistake." He sat down and tried to get started working as fast as the computer would let him.
"So did I." By this remark Tony looked at him in surprise. He didn't know he could make mistakes, and definitivly not admit it. "I hired you!" By this he turned on his heels and left. Tony was truelly hurt by this. Kate and McGee looked at him with pity. Gibbs had gone to far with this one. Kate wanted to asure him that it wasn't so, but her coworker wouldn't look either her or McGee in the eyes. They looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Kate had to say something, but she just started to do that when Gibbs came back and she didn't dare to cross his path. And neither did McGee.
The intire day went by in silence. Gibbs knew he had gone to far, but he just couldn't get himself to admit it. At the end of the day every one left without a word. Tony left as soon as he dared to and he had to keep himself from running out. How was he gonna get away from Gibbs to go ‘home'. He couldn't get himself to ask for a couple of days off after today. He didn't know how he was gonna get through this. He had no doubt that his father wouldn't hesitate to come and drag him home by his hair if he had to. Again his hand went up to his cheek.
What was so important that his grandfather wanted him home so badly? He knew Tony hated it. His grandfather had always showed that he loved him and his brother ecually, but he also knew what his own son had done to make Tony flinch to almost everything and everyone. So it had to be important and that made him worry even more.

The next day at work he was i early, just so Gibbs wouldn't shoot him. Not that it had been that hard. He couldn't sleep anyway, so he could just as well get some work done.
When the others came in he barely looked up from his work. No smile, no comment, no nothing. Kate couldn't help it, but she started to get worried now. He didn't look that well at all. It didn't look like he had slept at all that night. He had dark rings under his eyes and were a bit pale. Could Gibbs comment really have hit him that hard? She knew that what other people thought of him was important in his eyes. Gibbs even more so.
Also this day went quitetly, wich really got everyone even more tense. Kate and McGee barely dared to look up from their work or even move for that mater. Gibbs seemed saticfied with the silence, but the truth was that it ws killing him slowly. He dared to look over at Tony once in a while. Tony was lost in his work, because then he didn't have to think about what was happening elsewhere.
When the working hours was over he was out the door before anyone else had the time to get up and pack their bags.
Gibbs thought about stoping him, so they could have a talk. He couldn't get himself to do it for some reason. He had noticed that Kate had looked at him a couple of times and it was clear what she ment of him right now. Even McGee dared to look at him with some resentment.
Insted of going directly home to his boat as he had done the day before. He went to see Ducky.
When he walked in to the morgue it looked like Ducky was on his way out.
"Hey, Duck."
"Jethro. To what do I owe for the late visit?"
"Slow day?"
"Yes, and I'm thinking that we are not alone in this. But thats not why your here is it?"
Gibbs sighed, but couldn't get himself to talk. Even if it was Ducky.
"Whats on your heart today?" He knew that it had to be something bad if he had seeked him to talk.
"I went to far, Ducky."
"With what?"
"I said right to Dinozzo's face that I regretted ever hiring him. He hasn't said a word since."
"Oh... It doesn't sound like Anthony to take it so hard."
"No, something is off. But I can't deny that I have something to do with his mood."
"Talk to him tomorrow, Jethro. There is something more going on I belive."
Gibbs just nodded. He wasn't that good at getting coversations going again. Tony usually did that for him.

When Tony got to his appartment the door was open and there was someone in there. He could hear some noices coming from his living room. So he pulled out his gun and walked in. He walked carefully towards the sounds. When he rounded the corner he saw couple of bags on the floor and his father on the couch. He got eyecontact with his father. The anger in his eyes flared at the sight of his son. He had to controll himself to not slap the boy senseless.
"Put that thing away before you hurt yourself."
"What do you care?" He could have hit himself for not watching his mouth yet again, but his father did that for him. As fast as the words were out his father jumped out of the couch and hit him.
This time Phil Dinozzo didn't hold back at all. His rage was to much for him to deal with. He forgot about everything. The ring on his finger made the blow to Tony's head so hard that he lost his balanse and had to grab the wall, so he wouldn't fall down. He lost the gun. He tried to get his head together and hoped that the room would stop spinning.
"We are leaving now. Grab your bags and lets get going."
"But..." He shut up by the look in his fahers eyes. "I just have to give my boss a call."
"Then what are you waiting for?"
Tony picked up his phone and stopped. "Just make the call, Dinozzo." He muttered to himself. He couldn't do it. He just left a message at the office. Gibbs would get it in the morning. He would probably be fired. What kind of an agent couldn't even stand up to his own father at the age 33?
"Are you coming?" Tony flinched. Discusted with himself, he picked up his bags and followed his father.

His fathers car stood outside of the appartment building and he hadn't noticed anything. What kind of an investigator was he? It was going to be a long ride. The hours it took to get there seemed to take days rather then hours. Tony barely moved. He just sat in his seat and looked out his window. His true home and family left behind, but then Tony remembered Gibbs comment. He wouldn't be missed anyway, so why cry over it.
The car ride was quiet, but they were getting closer now. So if he was going to his brother he had to say something soon. It took him another 5 minuttes before he said something.
"You will not be bothering your brother with your stay. You are coming home with me." Tony wanted to say something, but he knew he would lose anyway and get another bruse. So he went back to be silent. Gibbs could learn a thing or two from his father. He hate to think what would happen then. The car stopped and they walked out of the car.
"Home sweet home." He muttered under his breath. The mansion hadn't changed much. It still represented horror, but it helped to think that his grandfather lived there now. Maybe it would be a little easier.
"Get some sleep. I'll get someone to get you when your grandfather is up. Do not disterb him!"
"No, sir."
Since they were a couple of hours in time difference, he might be abel to get a couple of hours of sleep. He hoped so, cause with the little sleep he had gotten the night before started to take it's hold on him.

Gibbs got out of the elevator and what he saw made him irritated. And actually a bit worried.
"Still no Dinozzo?"
"No, boss." Just then a guy came over. He must be new, Kate thought. He came up toGibbs a bit to happy and calm.
"I got a message to you from an agent Dinozzo," he said with a smile.
"And why didn't I get it hours ago?" The anger in his voice got the smile off his face.
"Emmm... Well... Ehh..."
"Yes?"
"... a lot to do and..." He gave Gibbs the message and fled from the office. Kate almost laughed, but the look on Gibbs face stopped her.
"What does it say?"
"That he won't come in today and doesn't know when he'll be back."
"Do you want me to call him?" Gibbs didn't answer. He had to talk to Ducky.
"Okey... I'll do that then." Kate picked up the phone and dialed the number. There wasn't any answer. She tried his home number, but got the maskin. She left a message.
"Something is up." She was talking to herself and jumped a little when she got a reply.
"He isn't answering?"
"No, McGee."
"Who isn't answering?" Just then Abby came in.
"Hi, Abby. Tony hasn't showed up for work. He just left a message and he is't answering his phone."
"That's wired. He always keep his cell with him."

"Got a minutte, Duck?"
"Sure, Jethro. Mr Palmer, can you take these sampels up to Abby?"
"Sure, doctor." He took some test tubes with him and left the morgue.
"Haven't talked to Anthony yet?"
"He hasn't come in today." By the look on Ducky's face he continued. "He just left a message at the office last night."
"That's strange. He didn't call you?"
"No, I think Kate is trying to call him now."
"He'll be back, Jethro."
"He better be!" He knew he only had himself to blame, but he couldn't throw the thought that it might be something else going on aswell.

"Good morning, sleepy head." Tony barely reacted at all and only by turning around. "Come on. You can't sleep all day."
"Yeah, I can." Just then he understood who the voice belonged to and jumped out of bed and gave his brother a hug. "Bobby!"
Bobby acsepted the hug with a smile, but by the sight of his brother's face he couldn't keep it up. "You look terribel." Tony's face had a nasty bruse on the right side and the dark rings under his eyes said that he hadn't slept much the last few days.
Tony looked at the watch. He had barely slept for an hour. "Not much sleep when you travel all night and with my job I'm busy and easily get in to trouble." He said it with a small smile, but a true one. He was really glad that his brother was here. That would meen that his father would restrain himself.
Bobby knew he was lying. He knew that the round mark under his eye must have come from their fathers golden ring with the black stone. He tried to give a big smile, but couldn't quite do it. After their grandfather had moved in 8 year ago, their fathers alcohol intake had sunk to a mere minimum. He had thought that maybe he would be easier on Tony now. He was wrong. "Grandpa is waiting for us, but I think you should take a shower first."
"Are you trying to say that I stink?" Tony gave him one of his biggest smile and got one right back. While Tony had more of the father side in him, Bobby looked like the mother side. His hair was lighter, almost blond and was quite muscular and a foot shorter then Tony. But they had the same eyes from their mother. A blue greenish colour that got most people to feel like they were sweaming in them.
Tony was thankful for the warm shower. He felt instantly more refreshed and awake. Some of the tightness in his shoulders and back left. He walked out of the shower and jumped at his father, who was standing in the door. Wich wasn't good, because of the wet floor he slipt and fell. He only felt the pain on the back of his head an instant before he blacked out.

Gibbs walked out of the elevator after a long talk with Ducky. He had finally calmed down and stopped thinking about Tony. He had actually done some work down at the morgue and now it was just the paper work left of that case. A calm day again, but by the look on Kate's face he throwd that thought away.
"He isn't answering. I've been trying every once in a while the intire day."
"I'll go by his appartment on my way home. Happy?" It had to be to much to hope for that his good mood would have lasted through the day. It looked like Kate was about to snap, but she just stratened herself up and sat back down.
Gibbs told himself that all he needed to get through the day was a new cup of coffee. So with a cup with hot coffee in one hand he went and got his car keys and walked toward the garage.

Chapter End Notes:
I have read a lot of fics on this site and I wanted to give it a try myself. This is my first fic. I know my english isn't of the best, but I did as well as I could. I would love to get some feedback. Is this a story even worth to continue?