- Text Size +
Getting signed out from the hospital had taken ages. The goddamn doctor hadn't been happy until he had given Gibbs a through check-up, then given him a lecture on not doing anything tiring. Little to no work, no staring at computer screens for hours (not that that was the biggest loss). Basically he wanted him to stay in bed for a couple of days and just relax. Gibbs had hoped that if he stayed quiet and didn't protest, he would get out sooner and back to work. He barely managed to keep his hands to himself and not strangle that doctor from hell, when he decided to do another checkup before releasing him. So by the time he finally steped out of the hospital with Ducky, he was still without coffee and thouroughly pissed.

Gibbs managed to get three steps away from the frontdoor when his cellphone rang. He pulled it out from his pocket to answer it. "What?"

‘Gibbs?...'

"Were you expecting somebody else?" Gibbs snapped back. Maybe he should consider some anger management classes, he thought to himself. Although that thought was thrown away petty quickly. Why ruin something that worked? Plus the class itself would anger him plenty.

But when there was no answer on the other end, every instinct he had started going off. "Kate?" His voice was sharp and he knew it. Worse so, he knew he was about to get some terrible news.

"Gibbs..." There was an audiable sigh before she continued. "Tony seems to have been kidnapped."

"Seems?" Every fiber of his being wanted to scream. "Tony seems to have been kiddnapped?"

"He never returned from lunch, so we called him. But somebody else answered his phone." He heard her take a long and deep breath before she continued. "We traced it and we ended up close to the crime site where you were hurt. We found his phone and a syringe, but there are no other obvious leads to what happend or where he is."

"I want you to go through every inch of that park. You better have found something by the time I get there." He snapped the phone shut before Kate got say anything else.

"Jethro?" The sound of Ducky's concerned voice snapped him out of the building rage he was feeling. Right then he relised how much the older friend grounded him and he was thankful for it.

"That was Kate," he said with a cold voice. "Tony is missing."

"Oh dear." They hurried over to the car and were quickly on their way to the crime site. "When you say missing..."

Gibbs took a deep breath. "Kidnapped." He looked over at him before he turned back to the road.

"That boy can find more trouble then..." Was all Ducky could say before he took a hold of his seat for dear life as Gibbs drove past one car after the other. "Thank goodness I didn't drive my car to the hospital," he mumbled to himself.

***

When Tony woke up again he had a terrible headache. And that was just the top of the list. He was now siting in a chair with his hands handcuffed behind his back. Not that he could feel them much, since there didn't seem to be much blood left in them. He was tied around his waist and over the elbows to the back of the chair. Even his legs where tied to a leg on the chair. The only thing he could move was his fingers, wrists and head. But it hurt like hell to try and move anything.

He thought about knocking the chair over, but no matter what angle he could try he would land on some sort of bodypart and most likely break something. So he looked around the room to see if there was anything he could see that could help him.

He was still in the basement that he had woken up in the first time. But now there was a chair, obviously as he as siting in it. And of what little he could see behind him, he could see the edge of a table.

"Ok, so no obvious help anywhere." Tipping the chair it is. What might be less painful? No tipping backwards, cause that would most likely crush his wrists. Forward then. The fall wouldn't be that far for the knees. They might be able to take the blow the easiest. But then again, he would probably just continue downwards and land on his face. ‘I like my nose the way it is,' he thought to himself. So that left sideways. A broken arm and/or a dislocated shoulder were the lesser of three evils.

He took a deep breath before he threw himself as much as he could to the side. He closed his eyes as hard as he could, like that would help keep the pain at bay. But when the world didn't seem to tilt over and there was no pain in his arm like he expected, he opened his yes he realised that nothing had happend either.

"Hmmm." He threw himself to the side again. This time with his eyes open.

Nothing.

So he tried again and again. The rope was cutting painfully into his arms now, but this was the only way he could see that might help him get out of that damn chair.

"That's not going to work." Tony froze by the sound of the voice. He turned sideways and looked up to the top of the stairs. There a man stood and looked down on him with a vicious smirk on his face. He was tall and quite muscular looking. Didn't look like he would have much trouble dragging him around and that's not a good thing. He also had greyish hair and looked to be in his late fifties. He was probably very popular with the ladies when he was younger. Maybe still was if not for the frightning cold, dark eyes he had. "It's nailed to the floor."

"Who are you," Tony asked confused. He had never seen this man before in his life. He was pretty sure he would have remembed in that case.

"That's none of your business." He said coldly. He started walked down the stairs and stood in front of him.

"I think it is. As I am locked and tied in your basement." Tony's head snapped to the side by the blow that followed his words. He did everything he could to bite back the groan that wanted to come out. He could feel the coppery taste on his tounge from the split lip that he had gotten from the blow. "Why do I have a feeling that's not gonna be the only blow?" The vicious smirk turned into an evil grin that got the hairs on his neck to stand up.
Chapter End Notes:
It was supposed to be longer, but I decided to cut it there.
Thank you, Kathy, for your help.