- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Something is going on...
"You guys? Don't you think that Tony should have returned by now?" Abby was siting on Tony's desk watching the agents work. She had hoped to get to talk a little before she had to return to the lab. But they had returned from lunch 20 minutes ago and they still hadn't seen anything of Tony.

"I'm sure he's fine Abby. He can take can of himself. Maybe he just got hungry after all." Kate looked up from her computer screen and gave Abby what she hoped was a comforting smile.

"Tony not wanting to eat was probably just for show." McGee said. "I mean Tony without food. That's like Gibbs without coffee."

All but Abby laughd a little at that. She didn't like this at all. Gibbs in the hospital and now Tony was late. He wouldn't be late when his co-workers seemd to be in danger.

"Not that Tony is fun to be around without his coffee either." Kate said in return.

"I just got this funny feeling about it all." Kate and McGee stoped laughing at that. Abby seemd to have something similar to Gibbs' gut feeling on stuff like this, maybe there was something to it.

"Tell you what Abby I'll call him and see what's keeping him." Abby gave Kate a small smile in response.

She was starting to get nervous when the phone was answered. She gave a sigh of relief, but drew it fast in again at the unfamiliar voice that said hello.

"Who is this? This is a fede..."

"I'm sorry, miss. But the NCIS agent is currently tied up and can't get to the phone." Kate signaled to McGee to get him to track the phone call. McGee's fingers moved in a blur over the keyboard. Abby had jumped down from the desk and was now siting on Tony's computer doing the same thing. "Can I take a message? Although I can't promise that he will get it."

"If you..." Kate was cut off when the man hung up. She slammed down her phone and got up from her chair. "Please tell me you have a trace."

"It's comming from the crime site we were investigating yesterday." McGee was a bit surprised by this revalation, but quickly pulled himself together.

"Lets go, McGee." Kate and McGee ran towards the elevator with Manning and Stewart on their heals.

Abby could do nothing more than stand by and watch them go. That was killing her. That is the hardest part of this job. She loves her job. She loves it. She loves forensics. She believes in it. In the ability to tell what happend through the clues that are left behind. But she hated this part. To see her coworkers and friends go out to catch who ever might be responsible, to danger. And now Tony was the one in danger. Sometimes she really hates her job.

***

Kate and McGee ran as fast as they could through the park. Manning and Stewart were taking things a bit slower and were checking out the surroundings to make sure everyone was as safe as could be.

When they came closer to the the original crime site, they searched their surroundings looking for the familiar tall, lean built man with the messy light brown hair they knew so well and anything else that would seem out of place.

"Call Abby and see if Tony's phone has moved." At Kate's words McGee pulled out his phone. He didn't have to wait long until he heard the famliar voice.

‘Yes?'

"Abby, we need you to locate Tony's phone."

‘I've been keeping track of it and it hasn't moved, McGee. You can't find him, can you?'

McGee didn't know what to say to Abby to comfort her, but he didn't quite know what to do himself either. Tony might be missing and they had no real leads to go by. At least not so far. Hopefully they would get a break sooner rather than too late. "Abby, I..." That's when something cought his eye. "Gotta go."

‘McGee, don't you da...' He hung up the phone and walked toward what was laying in the grass. When he got closer he was sad to see that it was Tony's cell. "Kate." His eyes never left it until he felt Kate step up next to him. They looked at each other with meaningful glances before Kate pulled up her own cell. McGee looked at Kate as she made the call that they really never wanted to make. "Gibbs?.."

***

Tony couldn't remember the last time he had so much trouble opening his eyes. He really should get up. Gibbs would kill him if he was late for work and Tony hated going to work without his morning shower and not to mention coffee. It wasn't until he rolled over and felt the pain of his hands underneath him that he opend his eyes, but he quickly closed them again. The room had started spinning out of controll.

He kept his eyes closed and then he did an internal checkup. His arms hurt like hell, most likely because they had been tied behind his back and probably for some time as well. He felt a few cramps here and there, which wasn't unusual when you have been tied up on the floor for some time. Other then that he couldn't feel anything wrong. Now he just had to get up and look around.

When he opened his eyes again the room started spining again. He blinked rapidly for sometime and then when the room finally started to settle, he looked at his surroundings. If he didn't know any better he would have thought it might have been Gibbs' basement. "Maybe he got sick of me." Except there was no boat or tools or workbench. It was really just a basement with nothing but Anthony DiNozzo in it.

With a sigh Tony tried to sit up, but lay back down again when his vision became very blury and the room started going around again.

"Come on, Anthony," he whispered to himself. "You don't know how much time you've got, so lets get going."

After a few minutes he finally was able to pull himself up to a siting position without to much spinning and bluring. Which was not good as he got to cocky and stood up on his own two feet to quickly and the spinning returned in full force. By the time he landed on the floor, he was out cold.
Chapter End Notes:
I'm at the beginning of the end...
Thank you, Kathy!