- Text Size +
Seven o'clock came faster for Tony and Kate then they had expected. They had been busy digging up more information about the petty officer and waiting on Abby's lab results that they hadn't kept track of time.

"DiNozzos; McGee. Go home. Don't be late tomorrow." Gibbs said without looking up when it turned seven.

"Thanks boss; see you tomorrow." Tony said as he and Kate gathered their belongings and headed out of the bullpen.

Gibbs permitted himself a quiet smile as he watched the two of them walk out together. He was proud of the two agents. When he had first seen Kate and Tony interact in Air Force One he had known that they were meant for the other. Hence; rule number 12. He couldn't have two of his agents dating and working on the same team at the same time. It was too risky and he knew that from past experience. The safety of the other would automatically become their first priority and that became a danger for the team. And Gibbs wasn't going to let that happen. But when Gibbs had found out that they had been dating he couldn't see the logic behind splitting them up or firing one of them. They were good agents and he wasn't going to lose one of them because they chose to date the other. Instead he just told them to keep it out of the office and told Tony later on that if he were to break Kate's heart number one, he wouldn't have a job; and number two Gibbs would kill him – if Kate hadn't already done so. That sorted everything out. Hence; Gibbs was also forced to get rid of rule number twelve. Rule number twelve was no more.