- Text Size +
//FLASHBACK//
‘The only way to know about women is to know them.' She played those words in her mind over again. So he had learnt something in the past three months. Kate thought to herself as she gave Tony a smile while he walked back to his desk before she was rewarded with a smile of her own.

It had been three months since she had said yes; yes to a date with Tony; yes to what seemed to be a never ending love story, pages turning, but never flipping back; yes to a life together; yes to the one and only man that could make her truly happy. Every new day with Tony was another day full of pleasant surprises, learning more about the man that she loved and he never ceased to amaze her. Just the day before she found a fresh bunch of flowers in the drivers' seat of her car that he had put in the car after he had left her place the night before. They had agreed to take things slowly, both respecting the other's decisions and honouring the other's requests. Three months later, neither had admitted that they loved the other, Kate still hid the fear that he'd go back to his ways; Tony wanted to keep going slow, treasuring each moment he had her by his side.

"Kate!" she snapped back out of her thoughts when she heard Tony call her name.

"Yes?" she said with a smile.

"I'm going down to Abby's to check on results. You wanna come?" Tony said; once again giving her that famous DiNozzo grin.

Instead of answering him she just got up and went to the elevator. Looking back for him she found that Tony was only five steps behind her. They entered the elevator together and once the doors closed they reached for the other person's hand.

"You want to go out for dinner tonight? When the boss lets us off?" Tony asked turning to face Kate.

Kate smiled. Dinner with Tony was never just Dinner. "Sure... where'd you want to go?"

"It's a surprise... pick you up from your place at seven?"

"Definitely. What's the surprise for?"

"Well. If I told you, it wouldn't be a surprise would it?" Tony replied before giving her a peck on the cheek and walking into Abby's lab.
//FLASHBACK TO BE CONTINUED//