- Text Size +
//CONTINUED FLASHBACK//
Looking into the mirror on her vanity Kate sighed. They had been out pursuing leads throughout the day, all resulting in dead ends. They had gotten back to the office just after 5.30pm which by the time she had gotten home, left her with just under an hour to get ready for her date with Tony. He had continued to flirt with her all day, though only when Gibbs wasn't in the room of course; dropping hints about their date that night. Throughout the day he had made it clear for her to dress up, there was something big happening tonight.

With six-thirty quickly approaching Kate finally chose her dress for the night. It was a red dress which just went past her knees. It was simple yet elegant at the same time. The front of the dress was low, but not too low; while the back went down to an inch or two above her waist with a thin ribbon tied in the middle of her back. She quickly picked out her favourite heels for the night and sat back down at her vanity. Deciding to go with the natural look, she applied a minimal amount of make up before putting on her shoes and taking her handbag. She headed to the couch to pass time by watching some television while she waited for Tony to show up.

At five minutes before seven Kate heard a knock on the door and went to answer it. When she opened the door she found Tony waiting outside dressed up in a suit and holding a bunch of her favourite flowers.

As Tony stepped into her apartment he gave her a kiss on the cheek and handed her the flowers. "Beautiful flowers for the most beautiful woman on the planet." He said smiling; a part of him loved making Kate blush.

Kate blushed and thanked him for the flowers before going to the kitchen to find a vase for the flowers. Tony walked around the lounge room while waiting for Kate, stopping occasionally to look at some photos which were displayed around the room. One of the photos stood out, it was a picture of a younger Kate with her parents and her brother. He hoped that her parents would like him; he did after all intend on making this relationship work, they were both in this for the long run.

"Ok. The flowers are beautiful Tony. Ready to go?" Kate said as she walked back into the living room and noticed Tony looking at the photos.

"Ready when you are."

"Let's go then." Tony then led them out of her apartment and into his car, doing the gentlemanly thing of opening her car door for her.
//FLASHBACK TO BE CONTINUED//