- Text Size +
//CONTINUED FLASHBACK//
A short time later they were both sitting around a small table in a secluded part of the restaurant. Kate by this time was beyond surprised at all the planning that Tony had obviously gone through.

When they were shown to their table it was immediately apparent that Tony had called ahead and arranged for some special personal touches. Their table was in a quiet part of the restaurant to allow the couple their privacy. On the table were more of her favourite flowers in a simple glass vase. The lights around the table were dimmed slightly, and soft music played, contributing to the atmosphere. As they neared the table Kate also noticed a bottle of her favourite wine being chilled at the side.

A surprise? She was blown away.

After the waiter had come and gone with their menus and orders Tony looked over at Kate grinning. She looked absolutely gorgeous tonight, even more so than normal if that was possible.

"See something you like?" Kate asked playfully.

"Maybe; haven't decided yet." Kate hit him softly laughing. "Always Katie... always." They both smiled.

Soon after this the food arrived and they started eating. While they were eating they kept the conversation light and tried to avoid work topics. When they had finished eating Kate finally gave in.

"Okay. Fine. What's the surprise Tony? You know its killing me." He grinned. He had just been waiting for her to give. ‘One hour and twenty-three minutes' he thought to himself looking at his watch.

"Patience is not your virtue Kate." He smiled. "But then again I wouldn't think of it of a surprise... more of-" He paused then whispered the last bit in her ear. "An evening away from everything, a quiet evening of romance; just me and you."
//FLASHBACK TO BE CONTINUED//