- Text Size +
As they got in the car and Tony started the drive home, they were in constant physical contact. Neither of them wanted to let go; and Tony could feel his wife's unease. It had been a long day, with them having to track down Petty Officer Michelle Roberts' husband and inform him not only of her death, but also the loss of that young life within her; something that he had not even known of before this. It had been especially hard on Kate, and Tony had definitely noticed during the day, but had chosen not to say anything about it.

By the time they finally got home that day, Tony had driven himself crazy thinking of possibilities. The night before she had been completely fine, well, now that he thought of it she hadn't been "completely fine" in awhile. Just last week he had finally made her stay home, she had been sick all week and they had blamed it on the flu which was going around at the moment. But that was last week; and she had been feeling fine the past few days... to the best his knowledge anyway.

"Kate... we're home." He looked up at Kate who was sitting in the passenger seat and realised that she had fallen asleep. Then he looked back down at his hand to find that though she was asleep, her hand was still holding firmly onto his; like she needed that small comfort even while she slept.

"Kate! Wake up... we're home" He called to her again, shaking her gently as she slowly woke up.

"Mm... I'm awake." She mumbled as they got their things from the car and headed inside.

"Hungry?" he asked. She nodded. "Kay... I'll order us some takeaway. Chinese?"

"Yeah Tony... Chinese is fine." Kate said as she walked over to the couch. After calling the restaurant and placing the order Tony walked over to couch. Kate stood up, allowing him to sit on the couch before sitting back down on his lap and leaning onto him.

They sat and watched television in relative silence until about half an hour later the door bell rang and they got up to answer it.

"I have an order for Mr DiNozzo." The delivery boy announced when the door was opened. Tony took the food from the boy and paid him before taking the food into the kitchen where Kate was waiting.

"What did you get?"

He started taking the food out from the containers while he answered. "Your favourite, as usu- Kate?!" he dropped what he was doing and ran after her to the bathroom to see his wife leaning over the toilet throwing up. "Kate? Are you alright?" He asked concerned as he handed her a warm towel.

Kate rolled her eyes as she got up as she thought, ‘At this rate I'm not going to have to tell him; he would have figured it out.' "Yeah... I'm fine. I think the smell put me off."

Tony wasn't convinced. He ordered her favourite stuff, which he'd never seen her decline ever, and now the smell was putting her off? Something just wasn't quite right. And he could bet anything that it had to do with her odd behaviour throughout the day. He felt her forehead. "Ahh... Kate, you're hot honey. We're getting you in bed. Don't want to risk you getting the flu again."

Kate just nodded. ‘Flu? That would make things so much less complicated.' She turned to face him. "Lie with me till I fall asleep?"

"Absolutely."