- Text Size +
"So how far along are we?" Tony asked as he washed the dishes from the breakfast which they had ended up sharing.

"I have no idea... although..." Kate grinned suggestively as she sat on the counter top in their kitchen. Tony had never felt more relived to see her smile gracing her features after the past day or so. "All I know is that we're pregnant."

Tony looked up at her with a mischievous grin. "What's up with that cheese ball grin you've got on?" He was baiting her. He knew it, she knew it, yet they both played along.

"Cheese ball?" She stuck her tongue out at him. "You're one to talk..." She teased as he finished the dishes before coming at her. He picked her up easily and carried her over to the couch in the living room, both of them laughing the whole time.

"I've never seen you this excited ever." He grinned as she blushed. "Hey... but it's not as if this happens everyday." His mind was racing with all the things that they would have to get done soon and over the coming months.

As if she'd read his mind, Kate started talking again. "Oh my gosh Tony!" She exclaimed before starting to list all the things that she could think of in that moment. "We have to go to the doctors, buy baby stuff, get the room ready... we have to tell the director - which means I'll be put on desk duty-" She groaned. "And you know how much I hate that. And we have to tell McGee and Abby and Ducky and Palmer and-" She stopped, thinking of the last person that she wanted to face at the moment.

Sure, it was the best news any person, or couple could get... and it was that much more special when it was the first time, but it was these things where you simply didn't know the outcome to which could change the atmosphere of the celebration, these things where you simply couldn't foretell a reaction, a response... which made you want to hold in the news, to keep it quite instead of shouting it out like you would love to. It was these things, which limited you to keeping inside the very thing you wanted to declare to the world.

"Gibbs." He supplemented as he wondered how on earth they were going to tell Gibbs about this, he cringed as he remembered how his boss had reacted to their engagement. Last on their verbal check list, yet a definite first on their ‘must-tell' list. If the news got to him any other way or through someone else Tony knew that he would be the one facing Gibbs' wrath.

Changing the tone of the conversation Tony asked "So when do we get to say anything?"

"Let's not say anything for yet... I kinda like this as our secret. Just between the two of us for now." Kate said as he nodded in agreement. He just wondered how long it would take for someone to figure them out. He thought it would be Gibbs... but for their sakes he was hoping that it would be Abby or even McGee.