- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Chapter 22 - I LOVE YOU
As it did every morning in perfect routine, the sun rose the next morning, peeked through the windows in their bedroom and gently shed light onto her sleeping figure. Tony lay awake next to Kate, wanting nothing more than spend every morning like this, waking up to the most beautiful woman sleeping peacefully next to him. His eyes traced her naked body, over every curve and dip slowly as if she herself were a form of art; and savouring each moment he had alone with her in complete silence, blissful silence watching over her, keeping her safe and at arms length from the harsh realities of the world outside of their bedroom.

His eyes started at her feet and made their way up her body – which in his mind was perfect. As he went over her abdomen he thought of the life that was now present within her, a life that was so small, so delicate and so fragile that it wasn't even noticeable yet. A life that if it wasn't for the constant sickness and mild discomfort it was causing his wife hadn't made itself known. And most of all a life that he and she each had a hand in creating and one that would bring them both immense, unspeakable and indescribable joy.

He watched silently, keeping himself still as she gently stirred. He watched as she turned slowly, eyes still closed, to face him – just as she did every morning. He moved himself closer to her as she – as if having sensed his eyes on her accepted his gentle lips on hers in a good morning kiss – a simple kiss between lovers, a kiss requiring neither words nor explanation.

His hands made their way onto her skin and then trailed gently down to her abdomen where he lazily began tracing small circles for no reason or purpose; just out of habit. If there was one thing they had learnt over their five months of being man and wife was the simplicity yet significance of their communication through touch. Touch, which carried no obligation to sex or anything else but instead just simply perhaps a touch of reassurance, a touch of understanding, and most of all, a touch of love.

He smiled as he watched her eyes finally opening slowly and then watched as her own smile lit up her brown eyes. His hand moved slowly, tenderly, up her body and then stopped as he reached her arm. Catching her eye, he started writing with his finger, tracing letters and shapes; a message so simple, that came from the depths of his soul and the bottom of his heart; a message that she wouldn't want from any other man on the planet, a message that aroused her soul and ignited her heart.

‘I (heart) U'
Chapter End Notes:
ever tried writing a complete chapter of a story without any dialogue? it was hard.. but here's what i came up with.