- Text Size +
They had waited till they were married before they made love to one another. It was her test for him, to ensure that their relationship wasn't based on sex but on trust and their love for the other but it had been just as hard for her sometimes. But they had made it right to their wedding night where such love had never been experienced by either before. She still recalled their first time, and it had definitely been worth the wait. The whole year that they dated had been wonderful and neither regretted a moment. She remembered the first time he had asked her on a date. After his tirades of the number of women he slept with each week she would have thought he would be a professional at asking women out but when Tony had finally decided to stop the charade that they were both playing, she found that he wasn't just quite as confidant as she had imagined.

//FLASHBACK//
"Hey Kate," Tony said walking up to her desk at the end of the day while Gibbs was down in autopsy talking to Ducky. "Would you... erm... would you-?"

"Tony! Spit it out already! I still have paperwork to do from that case we closed yesterday. Gibbs is going to have my ass if it's not on his table by tomorrow morning." Kate said half annoyed. She wasn't in the mood for another of his jokes. When she received no reply she looked up to find Tony still at her desk looking at her nervously. "Okay... Tony! What is it?" she asked a bit more gently this time.

"Oh... I was just wondering if you... if you would come out for dinner... with me... tonight after work?" Tony finally said. His internal battle raged. ‘Real smooth DiNozzo, finally work up the nerve to ask a girl out and you stutter worse than Probie on his first day.' ‘This isn't just any girl... this is Kate we're talking about here!' ‘Oh great! This really isn't helping... come on Kate... just say yes!!!!'

Kate was silent. ‘Wow... Tony finally asking me out...? Nah... It can't be. Since when did Tony start liking me?!' She thought to herself. ‘Wow... he looks so nervous!' "Like on a date Tony?"

"Yeah..." Tony responded quickly. Man he wanted her to say yes before Gibbs came back and had his ass. ‘Hurry up already Kate!! Just say yes!!' When he still didn't get an answer Tony's mind went into overdrive. ‘Great DiNozzo... what the hell were you thinking in the first place? Kate's never –'

"Yes... okay... tonight after work right?" Kate finally gave him an answer. She voiced changed into a lighter tone. "Pick me up here at 7?" She smiled. Man he loved that smile.

"Yep!" Tony grinned. ‘Yes! She said yes!' Tony's did a little dance in his head as he made his way back to his desk and started his paperwork.
//END FLASHBACK//

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRINGGGGGG!!!!! The sound of Tony's mobile snapped Kate out of her thoughts.

"Special Agent DiNozzo… yes boss… no, she's here with me… yes I'll pass it on… see you in twenty." Tony snapped his phone shut.

"We got to go in now?"

"Yep."

"Well then... better not keep Gibbs waiting."

"Kate!! You're not getting out of telling me that easily!"

"Tony."

"Come on Kate. Pleaseeee???" Tony pleaded... he hated to see his wife so uneasy... he turned on that famous DiNozzo smile. When Tony saw Kate turn away he knew that it had to be really serious. "At least promise me that you'll tell me tonight?"

Kate looked back up at him. "Okay... I will. Tonight, after we get back from work" She smiled. "Now just let me go get ready before we leave kay?"

"Okay... we leave in 5 minutes!"

Kate went to their wardrobe, got her clothes and then went into their bathroom to change and get her self ready. After a final glance in the mirror she walked into the living room; but not without a lingering glance in the waste basket.