- Text Size +
"Hey Boss. What do we have here?" Tony asked when they got to the bullpen.

"Gibbs." Kate greeted.

"You're late." Gibbs said picking up his Sig and heading towards the elevator. "One dead marine at Norfolk. Ducky will meet us there. Come on, come on lets go!"

"Right behind you boss!" Tony answered quickly as they both got their weapons and trailed Gibbs down to the parking lot. While they were in the elevator Tony sneaked a look at Kate who was still lost in thought. ‘Wonder what that's all about. Must be pretty big news.' Tony thought to himself. Then bad situations flooded his mind. ‘Is she alright? Let's see... she went to the doctors about a month ago... if she is sick it can't be that bad.' Tony came back into reality as the elevator doors opened. Kate on the other hand was still lost in thought. ‘Gosh... this is huge... how is he going to react?!! I'm not ready for this! We're not ready for this!! How am I going to-?'

"Kate!" Tony called to her as he stepped off the elevator.

"Huh!" Kate responded looking around quickly.

"We're on the ground floor Kate... come on! Now we gotta catch up to Gibbs." As he half pulled her out of the elevator before the doors shut. They both ran to the truck where Gibbs was already waiting for them. They got in and before long they were at the crime scene. Little did Kate know what she was going to be going through during this investigation.