- Text Size +
//CONTINUED FLASHBACK//
At the sound of the doors to her lab opening Abby turned around quickly and approached Kate and Tony.

"Where's Gibbs? I thought you were going to call him."

"I will."

"Okay... what you got for us Abs?"

"Well... I'll go through that when Gibbs and McGee get here."

"Okay... so why d'you call us down first?" Kate asked. There was something Abby wanted with the two of them and she didn't have a good feeling about that. She looked over to Tony who looked nervous. She could tell that he was thinking of the exact same thing.

"Ohh... don't you pretend that you don't know Caitlyn Todd. You too DiNozzo." Abby said staring at Kate intensely.

"What?" Kate said playing the innocent card though she knew Abby well enough to know that she wouldn't hint at something this big with Tony in the same room without being absolutely sure about it.

"Aw Kate, you're insulting me now. Did you seriously think that I wouldn't find out that you and Tony were going out?"

Tony looked over and Kate who had bowed her head in defeat. He moved closer to her and wrapped an arm around her hips. "Fine Abby. We're going out... but just two questions. How did you know and when did you find out?" Kate looked up at Abby slowly.

"Took your time... I always knew that you two would end up together. I found out last week. I dropped by your apartment last Friday night... only to find the two of you making out in front of your door." Abby replied grinning.

"So you never suspected anything before that?"

"No..." Abby said narrowing her eyes at them. "How long exactly has this" she gestured to the two of them "been going on?"

"Two months."

"Two months?!" Abby stared at them in shock. How could she have not noticed? Tony let go of Kate reluctantly. There still was that possibility of Gibbs coincidentally coming into the lab at this point.

"Yes... two months... it's not that hard to believe!" Tony exclaimed. "Now you better call Gibbs or he is going to have our asses."
//END FLASHBACK//