- Text Size +
As Kate and Tony entered the lab they saw that McGee and Abby were both waiting for them but Gibbs was nowhere to be found.

"Urm Abs; where's Gibbs?"

"Why... he's coming. Right about..." Abby paused for a second then continued. "Now." Just as she said her last word Gibbs walked though the sliding doors and into the lab. Trust Abby to know things like that. Kate herself thought that there might be something going on with Abby and Gibbs but every time she brought it up Abby just laughed at the idea.

"Whatchya got for me Abs?" Gibbs said as he walked into the lab holding a Caff-Pow. The younger Goth ran over to him with her arms outstretched. He stretched out his arm and handed over her Caff-Pow. "Now, results?"

"Thank you; my silver-haired fox. Now back on topic. I'm running the blood samples that Ducky sent up to me; there are two different blood types in that. I should have the results soon. And as for what Ducky told you; it's true. She was pregnant."

"She was pregnant?" Kate cut in. This case was going to be hell for her.

"Yep. Ducky says around two months." Gibbs confirmed it. "Call me when you get something Abs."

"Don't I always?"

"Yes Abby; always." Gibbs said before giving her a kiss on the cheek and leaving with the rest of his team following closely.

When they got back to the bullpen Gibbs started asking for information. "McGee!"

"Yes Boss. Petty Officer Michelle Roberts, been in the Navy four months, just recently got back from a month long tour."

"She won the Navy Achievement medal winner boss;" Tony cut in "was a good Marine. Can't find anything on record that suggests otherwise.

"Kate; profile-" Gibbs paused when he saw that Kate's desk was empty; "DiNozzo; where is your wife?"

"Erm..." Tony said looking around, "She didn't say anything boss, probably in the ladies. No wait; there she is." He continued as he saw Kate coming back to her desk. He didn't want to mention it to Gibbs but he had noticed his wife pale when Gibbs had mentioned that the petty officer had been pregnant. ‘Nah... It couldn't be. Although...' Tony snapped out of his thoughts when Kate started telling Gibbs what she thought. He made a mental note to keep a closer eye on her.