- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abbey finds something out about her daughter. DiNozzo is depressed and an old friend of Kate's has decided to call!
Abbey sorted through endless papers, medical documents. Endless tests and examinations proved that her child was and would always be deaf. They said that the deafness had skipped generation from abbeys parents. Abbey and McGee were slightly disappointed, but they had a child and no matter what they would work around this and would be happy. Abbey was in the middle of teaching McGee to say ‘I'm hungry' which he was finding hard to grasp when the phone rang. she crawled from her seated position over to the phone and picked it up.
"Abbey here" she said, muffled by the removal of her lollypop.
"Hey Abs, its Tony ill be home late tonight, tell Kate and the kids, it work and stuff, you know how it is!" he laughed
"Yes sure thing!" "See ya soon!"
She hung up the receiver and sat down on the floor in front of McGee to progress with their session.
"No, Tim, place your hand on your chest in a good, thumbs up kind of way and nod. Okay you got it so what does it mean?"
"Umm, yes I'm ok?"
"No!" abbey sighed

"I'm back!" shouted Kate the door slammed behind her, Alexandra holding her hand whilst sucking her thumb. She was growing so fast, her hair rippled like the waves on a beach, soft and silky smooth. Her eyes emerald just like her fathers, they shone in the slowly dimming daylight. Her skin soft and smooth, but slightly tanned it glowed just like her mothers. She resembled both her parents, more Kate than Tony.

She ran into the living room and sat on abbey's lap, thumb still hovering in her mouth.
"Aunty Abbey, look at what I made for you in school!"
She held out a painting of a flower.
"Thanks sweetie!" said abbey.
She ruffled her hair as she walked into the kitchen, sliding on the wooden floor with her fluffy socks.
Kate fell into the couch as she dropped her shopping bags onto the floor. She was breathing heavily.
"What's up Kate" said Abbey.
"Alexandra decided it would be fun to run home!"
"But Kate you're a special agent you should be up to that!" laughed abbey.
"Not with four shopping bags in each hand with a lunch box and a back pack as well" laughed Kate.
"Where's Tony?" questioned Kate.
"He had to work late" said Abbey.

"Hey Abs Where are Antonio and Allegra?
"Upstairs, asleep"
"What about Hannah?" "How is she?" asked Kate
"She'll be fine, were getting a specialist to help with learning and speech, its going to be a big learning curve for all of us, but it should be an experience!"
Kate got up and hugged Abbey.
"If you need anything just ask ok?"
"Thanks Kate!" she smiled cheekily.

"So what do you want for tea Als?"
"Can I have fruit salad please mommy"
"You can have some for afters but what do you want for tea?
"Pizza fingers please mommy" she smiled.
"They'll be 10 minutes okay"
"Thanks mommy!"
"You're welcome!" Kate chuckled.

Kate loved they way Alexandra always said mommy; It was one thing she was good at being a mom. She catered to their every need, but didn't spoil them.

Kate's hair fell round her shoulder as she pulled the kids' dinner from under the grill.
"Where the hell is Tony?" Kate shouted.
She dropped the tray on her thumb.
"Shit" she yelled.
"Kate do you need help?" asked abbey.
"No, I'm fine, or could you just take Alexandra to the table for me?"
"Of course"
"Come on Als"
She took abbeys hand and followed her to the dining room. Abbey sat the child onto the fine oak chair and tucked her in gently. There you go; your dinner will be here soon ok"
The door slammed.
"I'm home!" Tony shouted.
"Hey Tony!" shouted McGee.
Kate ran up to Tony and kissed him gently on the lips as he tilted her over his knee. She tingled all over when he touched her. His hands felt like silk to her skin as he smoothed he hand across her face.
"Where were you?" Kate questioned, smiling.
"At work just finishing a job for Gibbs." He laughed "Why"
"Nothing honey, I was just wondering why you were so late home"
"So what do you want for dinner, we can have take out" smiled Kate
"I'm not hungry Kate" Tony sighed. He threw his bag onto floor and walked upstairs.
"What is his problem, this past week he's been so, uptight!" said Kate. Once he was out of earshot.

"You should ask Gibbs" said abbey smiling weakly.
"What's happened?" questioned Kate running out of patience very quickly.
"Ask Gibbs!"

Kate stormed out of the room. She wanted to know what was wrong so she could help him. She didn't like him in a bad mood this made her depressed. She dialled in Gibbs' number and waited. There was no answer. She was about to hang up when a woman's voice answered:
"This is special agent Gibbs' phone, who is speaking?"
"Kate, Kate Todd. Umm who exactly is this and where is Gibbs?"
"OW! Oh sorry" she laughed "He's unavailable at the moment"
Kate heard something that sounded like "Who is it Jen?" and it sounded like Gibbs' voice. "It's someone called Kate OH KATE!"
"Ye what's up Kate" Gibbs said sounding slightly out of breath.
"Um sorry to disturb you, but Abbey said to ask you why Tony is so depressed"
"Well Kate this isn't the most convenient of times and I don't really want to discuss the subject over the phone. Ill come and see you in the morning, what time shall I stop by?"
"Gibbs, tell me now!" she yelled.
"Nine o'clock tomorrow sounds fine, bye" he said hurriedly.
He hung up. Kate was starting to get annoyed now; no one would tell her what was wrong!
"Oh for gods' sakes"
She hesitated. Damn it she thought. She had used the lord's name in vein. This may sound stupid but it meant a lot to her. That was just the way she had been brought up.
"Sorry"
Now she was starting to get reeeeaaaly pissed.
"Aww the baby won't stop crying!" sighed abbey.
"The doc said it was her way of communicating!" "Please communicate a little quieter" she laughed.
"It'll get better over time!" Kate smiled
"I know"
Abbey held the baby so securely so gently. She made a little suit for the new born. It had a little red skull on it.
"Trust you Abs!" Kate smiled.
"I aim to please!"

The phone started to ring.
"I knew Gibbs' would call back!" said Kate.
She walked over. She didn't know what on earth she was so happy about, the answer to Tony's problems were bound to be negative.

"Hello, who is speaking?"
"Aloha Katie, how've ya been?" said a gruff voice.
Kate started to choke, this wasn't Gibbs. She didn't want to talk to this bastard. Not now. Not after what he did to her!
"Answer me Katie!" "Ah got ma scope on your kid so listen up"
"Don't tell anyone about this call and don't look suspicious"
Kate was about to raise her hand.
"I wasn't lying about your kid; she's got a beautiful smile, just like yours Kate! It would be a shame to blow it off!"
"Yes, so what do you want?" she said trying to sound as calm as possible so as not to risk the life of her child.
"You Katie, I want you!"
"What is that supposed to mean" the twinge in her voice was starting to alert Abbey that something was wrong.
"Your kid is getting up call her to you and put her on the phone now!"
"Als come here honey"
Als walked over completely unaware of the situation.
By this time abs was getting very, very suspicious.
Chapter End Notes:
Myesh i like this fic O_o