- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
mostly just sex in this part.
:-)
"Honey buns?" Gibbs asked, blue eyes tracking Tony as the younger man went through his usual work out with weights.

"Yeah?"

Gibbs hid a smile at the careless, natural response. Tony was clearly answering as though he'd called his name, deliberately overlooking the real question Gibbs was asking.

Time to try a different approach. "Who's Naomi?"

"One of Abby's aliases." Tony huffed out as he worked through a lat pull down set.

Gibbs tried not to watch too closely, but found his eyes drawn to the effortless play of muscle just the same. Tony's long, lean form was admirably well defined without the bulk usually associated with serious weight lifters. Gibbs fought off the temptation to touch the smooth, sweaty skin. He was damn glad Tony had set up a universal and weight bench in the spare bedroom of his house rather than going to the gym. Gibbs really didn't want other people watching his lover working out.

"One of Abby's aliases?" Gibbs cleared his throat, frowning slightly as he brought his attention back to the conversation. "Just how many does she have?"

"Never asked, Boss." Tony grunted as he started another set. "Not sure I really want to know."

"Why?"

Tony huffed out a small laugh. "Because if she has people out there referring to her as 'Queen of the Damned' I'd rather not know about it."

Gibbs snickered. Tony had a point. "Why does she call you 'honey buns'?"

When he first read the ID names on the instant messenger dialog, looking over Tony's shoulder, Gibbs had managed to control the instinctive rush of jealousy by the skin of his teeth. He was very glad he hadn't said anything stupid before he realized the actual messages were a game, not some sort of bizarre code or romantic liaison. Just moving into Tony's line of vision at the time had been enough to kill the conversation. It wasn't until later that Gibbs understood what it had been about. He was not at all surprised Abby would try to ferret out what he wanted to come to dinner for. She was far too curious to let it be until Friday.

"Not sure why she calls me that now." Tony shrugged, before getting up to change the weight setting for a new exercise. "Started out as a joke."

"A joke?" Gibbs raised an eyebrow.

"Or an insult." Tony grinned. "Could have been either one or both at the time."

Tony didn't seem upset about it. He'd probably been teasing or annoying Abby and she'd retaliated. They reminded him of siblings at times the way they played. Although, at one time, Gibbs had thought there might be more between them. If there had been, he really didn't want to know. The last thing he wanted to ever worry about was seeing Abby, someone he thought of as a daughter, as a possible romantic rival.

"So you don't care that she calls you 'honey buns'?" If it bothered Tony, Gibbs would tell Abby to knock it off.

Tony sighed softly, eyes half closed as though he were pondering some half forgotten memory. "Sully always told me it didn't matter what you were called. What mattered was what you answered to." He gave Gibbs a quick smile. "She never answered to her given name that I knew of. Or when her step-sister called her 'bitch'."

"Good philosophy," Gibbs admitted. He really wished he'd had the chance to meet Tony's Aunt Sully.

"Wouldn't want just anyone calling me 'honey buns'," Tony admitted with a small shake of his head, "but from Abby, it's okay. Honestly, I think it's kind of cute from her." He rolled his shoulders, flexing and stretching for a moment before once more grasping the weight bar. "And it's a hell of a lot better than some things I've been called."

Gibbs' lips curled in a wry smile. He could easily say the same thing. His ex-wives had called him a number of things over the years. The only one he admitted to being was a bastard. Not many people would consider the term a compliment, Gibbs thought with an internal smirk.

He watched as Tony started another set, muscles working smoothly as he raised and lowered the bar. The tank top he wore was damp with sweat, and clung to his skin. It made Gibbs fingers itch to touch.

He stifled a wince when he noticed the thin bruises running across Tony's biceps and just above his elbows. They were from the ropes that had tied him and Ziva to the chair. The bruises had already faded to the yellow-green stage and Gibbs knew they'd be gone in another day or two. The ones on Tony's cheek and abdomen were still a rather dark shade of blue and purple. It would take longer for them to disappear.

Gibbs sipped his coffee. If they were at the gym at the office, the former marine would have joined Tony in working out. But here at home, he preferred to watch. He liked having the chance to just observe, without having to worry about someone seeing him taking more than a passing interest in Tony's form. Here he could revel in the simple pleasure of taking in the beauty of his lover; he could openly appreciate the lithe, hard body that was now his alone to fully enjoy.

Tony struggled through the last few lifts, veins appearing in ropy patterns along his hands and forearms. Gibbs held himself in check, not interfering or offering to help. Tony never used free weights without a spotter, but with the universal he was in no danger of finding himself pinned if he lost control of the weights.

Gibbs knew Tony liked to push himself. The former marine was willing to let him as long as he didn't hurt himself. Tony wasn't always the best judge of his own limitations, but then Gibbs realized he had similar problems when it came to his own. Blue eyes narrowed, measuring the faint tremors he could see as Tony struggled to complete the set. He nodded. Tony would be sore tomorrow but he could handle it.

Gibbs shuddered in reaction to Tony's panting breaths and soft grunts when he exhaled the final time before letting the weights settle to the resting level. Gibbs swallowed hard. Tony sounded almost exactly the same just before he came.

"You about done there, Honey Buns?" He'd meant the question to be lighthearted, but the roughness and hunger in his voice made it something else entirely.

Tony gave him a teasing look before dropping his gaze coyly. "You got something in mind, Sweet Pea?"

Gibbs grinned wolfishly at the endearment. "Yes, I do, Baby Doll."

"Baby doll?" Tony snickered. He arched an eyebrow, struggling to keep his expression serious. He stood up and sauntered toward Gibbs so gracefully the older man wasn't sure Tony's feet were even touching the ground. "This plan of yours, Sugar Plum...is it something I'm going to enjoy?"

Gibbs licked his lower lip, nearly groaning when he saw Tony's eyes track that small movement. "Definitely, Sweet Cheeks."

Tony placed his hands on the wall, framing Gibbs' shoulders, leaning in until he was a hair's breath from kissing Gibbs. "Awfully sure of yourself there, Cupcake."

Gibbs set his mug down on the nearby shelf, empty hands coming to rest on Tony's hips before sliding down to cup his ass, pulling him closer. "I've got reason to be." He'd have tacked on an endearment, but at the moment he couldn't think of any. He just wanted to touch and taste.

He captured Tony's mouth in a kiss that was nearly bruising in its intensity, unable to resist any longer. Gibbs welcomed Tony's tongue, greeting it with his own like a long lost friend. He dueled lazily with the younger man, not really caring who won.

Tony's tongue caressed the roof of Gibb's mouth, making him moan. He loved it when Tony did that, the gentle slide back and forth reminiscent of a more intimate act. Gibbs didn't understand how it was Tony could always taste so good. The flavor of the man was as addicting and heady as Gibbs' coffee.

He was dizzy and breathless when Tony broke the kiss. Gibbs was damn glad he had been leaning against the wall when they started this. He was fairly certain he'd have ended up on his ass otherwise.

Tony nibbled his way along Gibbs' jaw line. Gibbs turned his head, tilting it to give his lover greater access. He tried not to whimper when Tony found that spot just below his ear that always made him weak in the knees. God?Tony had a talented tongue.

"I was thinking a shower sounded good." Tony nipped Gibbs' earlobe. "You up for one?"

Given how uncomfortably tight his pants had gotten, Gibbs was up for just about anything. He pulled Tony's hips forward to rub himself against the other man. He was pleased with the breathless little sigh the action elicited.

"Yeah, I'm up for a shower," Gibbs whispered against the pulse point of Tony's neck.

He buried his face in the hollow of Tony's shoulder, breathing in the other man's scent, unconsciously classifying each component. There was clean sweat, soap, faint traces of Tony's aftershave, and that hint of something uniquely Tony that always reminded Gibbs of dark chocolate. It made him hungry for more.

He instinctively clutched Tony closer to him when the younger man started to pull away. He wasn't ready to let go yet. Full body contact, so close and comfortable, that was so right and easy, had been a long time in coming and Gibbs wanted to enjoy it.

Gibbs sighed deeply when one of Tony's hands moved to massage the back of his neck, long fingers caressing his skin. He felt Tony turn his head and place a kiss in his hair. He tried to memorize this moment, file it away forever so he'd have it later to draw on for strength or patience.

This last case had been close. Too damn close in Gibbs' opinion. He could have lost him again?Jesus, again. Like it nearly happening once wasn't enough. It hurt to even?no, he wasn't going to think about that. Not now. Not ever. Tony was fine. He was alive and whole, warm and breathing.

"You okay?"

Gibbs lifted his head, smiling. "I'm good." It wasn't a lie. Not exactly.

Green eyes searched blue. Tony nodded, the pad of his thumb moving to lightly stroke Gibbs' cheekbone. He dropped a quick kiss on the tip of Gibbs' nose.

"C'mon. I can hear the shower calling." Tony took one of his hands, pulling him after.

Gibbs followed easily. He gave into his earlier desire to touch, hand moving to lightly travel up and down Tony's spine before coming to rest on his nicely rounded ass. Gibbs squeezed once. Tony cast a demure look over his shoulder that was totally out of place with the heat in his eyes.

"A tempo debito, L'amore." Tony smiled. "Sii paziente."

Gibbs wasn't sure what Tony had just said, but he liked it when his lover slipped into softly accented Italian. One of these days he was going to have to learn.

Tony flipped on the small vanity light in the bathroom. Gibbs squinted in response to the sudden illumination even though it was not really that bright or harsh. He was belatedly aware of how dark the rest of the house had been.

The vanity light was an addition that Tony had talked Gibbs into. It was something of a minor miracle since none of his ex-wives had ever managed to convince him the bathroom needed one. He was glad Tony had suggested a bulb that was far less glaring and intense than the 100 watt ones in the overhead fixture.

Tony neatly shrugged out of his tank top. He balled it up and used an overhead toss to nonchalantly drop it into the hamper. The natural grace of the movement spoke of hours of practice. Not for the first time did Gibbs wonder how disappointed Tony had been to lose out on a career as a pro athlete. While he'd never wish Tony any pain, Gibbs was selfishly glad the younger man had to opt for a career that made meeting him possible. You are a lucky bastard, Gibbs thought to himself.

"You going to join me?" Tony asked, looking over his shoulder as he turned on the water. His voice took on that husky quality that Gibbs found impossible not to respond to.

He nodded once, firmly. Gibbs stripped out of his own clothes, no caring where they ended up. They could be dealt with later...much later.

Tony grinned. He'd beaten Gibbs in the race to get naked, but he usually did. Gibbs was beginning to think all his clothes came with emergency escape zippers.

Tony stepped into the shower. He held out a hand in invitation to Gibbs. Gibbs felt his face warm, unaccountably flattered by the simple, genteel request. It was blatant proof Tony wanted him there, and that he wasn't taking for granted that Gibbs wanted to be there. Not that there was any doubt about either one, but it was nice to be asked.

Gibbs smiled, taking Tony's hand. It should have felt ridiculous when Tony raised his hand, bowing slightly, to kiss Gibbs' knuckles, but the heat in those beloved green eyes as they met blue made the gesture anything but silly. Gibbs never would have thought the back of his hand was an erogenous zone before, but it sure as hell was now.

Tony stepped back, pulling Gibbs gently forward into the shower with him. The water was warmer than he preferred but still cooler than Tony normally set it for. Gibbs raised an eyebrow in silent question.

Tony shrugged. "Hot water will last longer this way."

"Plan on taking some time?" Gibbs leaned in, nibbling on the strong column of Tony's throat.

"Yeah." Tony's answer was more of a long sigh than a word. His head tipped to the side, mutely giving Gibbs free rein.

Gibbs couldn't resist marking Tony again, in the same spot he had just that morning. Tony would be wearing a turtle neck again tomorrow. The small moan Tony made in response had nothing to do with pain.

Gibbs blindly reached for the soap. He still had no idea what brand it was or the exact fragrance, but he loved knowing the two of them wore the same scent now every day. It was another subtle mark of ownership and commitment; a mark that didn't need to be hidden or explained like the hickey he'd just left on Tony's neck.

Gibbs lathered his hands before running them over Tony. He kept his touch balanced between a gentle caress and a deeper massage. He could feel the taut muscles stretching and relaxing under his touch, releasing the tension built up during Tony's work out.

Tony moaned, back arching when Gibbs shifted focus to his nipples, playing with them. Soap slick skin moved easily under his fingers, nubs hardened in response to repeated stroking and pinching. Tony's skin flushed with color that had nothing to do with the hot water.

Gibbs leaned forward, rubbing his chest against Tony's. The younger man's chest hair teased his nipples, making him sigh in response to that exquisite, almost tickling pleasure. His arms wrapped around Tony, giving his hands access to that incredible smooth skin of Tony's back. The lather that clung to his hands, allowed him to glide over Tony's skin, muscles bunched and flexed under Gibbs' fingers, quivering in response to his touch.

He kneaded Tony's ass. The well rounded flesh fit neatly into his hands as though they'd been made for him alone. Gibbs bit Tony's shoulder, licking away the small hurt, before moving on to leave a trail of small nips up the younger man's neck.

Tony raised one long leg, wrapping it around Gibbs waist, pulling him closer. Gibbs moaned when their groins met, hard cocks rubbing against each other as Tony rolled his hips in a sensuous move that a striper would have envied. Tony's hands ran along Gibbs' arms, up to frame his face before pulling him in for a passionate kiss.

Tony sucked Gibbs' tongue into his mouth. They shared a breath, back and forth. They were both gasping when they broke apart.

He bit back a whimper when he felt one of Tony's fingers teasing his entrance. Gibbs shivered as the pad of Tony's finger very lightly circled his hole, taunting him with the promise of more. He rocked forward, rolling his hips, rubbing himself against Tony. Tony murmured something too low and indistinct for Gibbs to understand it as anything more than encouragement to do more.

He followed Tony's lead, tracing the rim of the younger man's puckered opening with one finger. He kept his touch just as light as Tony's, moving at the same speed. Tony lay his cheek against Gibbs'. Panting breaths, small gasps and moans letting the former Marine know just how good this was for him.

"Favore...piu....Gibbs...piu."

Gibbs wasn't sure what Tony was asking for until he felt the younger man's finger slip inside him. A single digit didn't leave him feeling as stretched and full as Tony's cock would have but it was still enough to make Gibbs shudder with pleasure. He breached Tony's entrance in turn, sliding in and out slowly.

"Cristo...proprio cosi." Tony groaned. He nibbled Gibbs' earlobe. "So good... so...damn good, Boss."

Gibbs turned his head to capture Tony's mouth again. He swallowed those little noises, claiming them for his own. Hips and hands continued to move, working with each other, gliding and thrusting them toward climax.

Tony trembled, his whole body quivering as he pulled away from the kiss to gasp for breath. He turned slightly and worked a hand in between them, long fingers wrapping around their aligned cocks. Gibbs bit his lip as Tony jacked them both once and then again.

He thrust forward into Tony's hand, hips snapping in a broken rhythm. Tony's finger slide further into, easily following his jerky movements. Gibbs' breathe caught, mouth open for a timeless moment as his orgasm crested and broke over him.

Tony's body clenched around him, muscles tightening so hard he was nearly vibrating. The younger pulled in a shallow, desperate breath with a sound similar to a sob. He released it with a soft, guttural cry of Gibbs' name, his come spurting over his hand and Gibbs' stomach.

Tony leaned into Gibbs, random twitches ghosting over him like aftershocks as he struggled to catch his breath. Gibbs sighed, hand moving to cup the back of Tony's head, fingers getting lost in the younger man's damp hair. Gibbs could feel the shaking in his legs gradually fade away, heart beat slowing to normal.

"Wow," Tony whispered, turning his head to place a kiss on Gibbs' temple.

Gibbs chuckled, raspy and breathless. "That good?"

"Oh yeah." Tony grinned at him, eyes heavy lidded and sated. "Definitely."

Tony slowly unwrapped himself from Gibbs. The former Marine watched as Tony stretched; his movements languid and graceful. The younger man reached for the soap, and started to clean Gibbs. His movements were punctuated with lazy, random kisses.

Gibbs returned the favor when Tony was finished. He was glad he had installed a bigger water heater last month. The old one wouldn't have held out long enough to take their time and enjoy the afterglow.

Gibbs shut off the water as it reached a point cooler than even he cared for. Tony handed him a towel before snagging one for himself. Gibbs deliberately looked away when Tony bent over to pick up their scattered clothing and toss it all in the hamper. His ass was just way too tempting by far, but the loud rumble from Tony's stomach meant dinner was in order before Gibbs would act on that temptation.

Tony hung up his towel in a haphazard fashion. Gibbs fought down the compulsion to rearrange it, reminding himself to be glad his lover didn't leave it lying on the floor. He hung his own towel neatly.

Tony pulled his forest green robe off the hook on the back of the bathroom door, shrugging into it before belting it loosely closed Gibbs bought it for him to wear when he stayed at his place. He wanted Tony to feel comfortable and welcome in his home.

Tony offered him the old flannel robe he'd had for years. It was well worn and very soft. Not that he'd admit it out loud, but Gibbs liked the silk one at Tony's place better; it was just as soft, but came with the added bonus of having been worn by Tony for a time.

He pulled on the offered robe, before padding barefoot after Tony into the kitchen.
"Should be some leftovers in the fridge."

They weren't really leftover so much as never eaten. Gibbs had gotten some Chinese while Tony was undercover with Ziva, but hadn't really been able to eat much, too worried about his lover to bother with it. Giving up on the whole thing he'd just shoved them in the fridge and headed back to the office.

Tony nodded, pulling out two cartons. He opened one, giving it a cautious sniff, something that take out usually warranted, and then offered it to Gibbs. Gibbs liked shrimp fried rice, but it wasn't usually Tony's first choice.

Tony opened the other carton, nodding to himself. It was cashew chicken. Gibbs knew that one was definitely on Tony's favorite list. Gibbs offered Tony a fork while he fished out a pair of chopsticks, both of them taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"You think Abby will keep asking questions?"

Gibbs snorted. "The pope catholic?"

"Right. Silly question." Tony snickered. "She is persistent."

"That going to be a problem?"

"No." Tony shrugged. "Not really." He smiled. "I want you to be the one to tell her so keeping my mouth shut won't be hard to do."

Gibbs studied his lover. "You are okay with this?" If Tony changed is mind, Gibbs wouldn't fight him on it. He could still make dinner for Abby; he'd just have to find something else to talk about. Not a big deal.

"I'm okay with it." Tony looked away, a faint blush coloring his cheekbones. "Don't mean to seem like such a chickenshit about this."

"You aren't." Gibbs lightly chucked him under the chin with one knuckle. He smiled gently. "Can't really fault you for being cautious when most of the time I'm worried you're too reckless."

Tony laughed softly. "Good to know."

"Finish your dinner, Honey Buns," Gibbs ordered, managing to achieve the light, teasing tone he couldn't quite get earlier when Tony had been working out.

Tony grinned, eyes bright with amusement and affection. "Only you and Naomi can call me that."

"Fair enough." Gibbs had no issue with that. He didn't want anyone ever using anything sounding even remotely like an endearment when addressing Tony. Tony was his. He didn't share.

"Eat," Gibbs ordered, giving Tony a leer. "You need to keep your strength up."

"You got more plans, Pumpkin?"

Gibbs smiled. "Always."

"Good." Tony waggled his eyebrows. "Glad I'm not the only one."

Gibbs laughed. He dug into his food, eager to be done with it and move on to better things. An encore was most definitely in order.
Chapter End Notes:
This is the first chapter of a longer story.