- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The morning there after for Kate and Tony. And the start of something else
Tony woke up the next morning feeling extremely happy and content. The feel of kate warm body so close had to be the best feeling in the world as far as he was concerned. He slowly opened his eyes and looked over at the love of his life. What he saw took his breath away. That was Kate, body and all. His hand came up to his face. And that was indeed his face. He was ecstatic that they were back to normal, so in reaction he grabbed Kate's mouth with his in an aggressive kiss. She responded immediatly and the kiss turned into more of a soft and affectionate kiss.
When Tony finally broke off the kiss for air, he was halfway on top of her. She still hadn't opened her eyes, but she had a smile on her face.
"Wow..." Her eyes snapped open by the sound of her own voice, her eyes seeking his. He smiled at her with a little amusment and the familiar sparkle in his green eyes. She reacted quite similar to Tony. She throwd her arms around his neck and pulled him down for another kiss.
Yet again they had to break it off. Kate gave him a big smile and Tony smiled right back. No regrets. All hell would break loose when Gibbs found out, and he would. There was no doubt about it. But he still wouldn't change this for the world.
"Nice wake up call," Kate said. Tony sniggered. "A girl can get used to this."
"So can I guy." Tony gave her another kiss. This was shorter, but just as affectionate.
When he finally glanced over at the clock on the nightstand he had to suppress a groan. He hated to break this moment to go to work, but they had too. Anything else would be too suspicious.
"We better get ready for work." Tony rolled off Kate, but she simply followed him. So now she was on top of him. She gave him a peck on the lips before she got out of bed.
"I'll just go and take a shower." She stoped in the door and turned to look back at him. "Care to join me?" She gave him a mischievous smile before she turned and walked out.
"Hell yeah." He jumped out of bed to follow her for a nice morning shower.

***

When Gibbs came into work he was met by three agents working at their desk, where two of them was extremely happy. But with the way they had acted lately he was just happy with what was the closest to normalcy in their bahavior for days. Tony's cocky grin and Kate's spunk was back.
What really had Gibbs reassured was when Tony throwd a paperball at Kate's head. She gave him a mock glare and when he wasn't looking she throwd three at him. The look on Tony's face and Kate's laughter was priceless. What ever had been going on between the two of them was clearly forgiven and forgotten.
Gibbs got snapped out of his thoughts by the ringing of his phone.
"Gibbs…" He listend to what was said before he hung up. "Gather your gear. We got what seems like a threatning situation at a female officer Borrows' house."

***

When Gibbs and the rest of the team returned to headquarters everyone smart enough stayed away at least in a 10 ft radius.
He was pissed. They had been called out on what had just been a bit to loud fight. They had none the less tried to calm the couple down. The couple did not like the interference. Gibbs only made them more mad and more aggressive. They had basically no respect for McGee, who barely could get a word out at all. It was Tony and Kate who had got the couple to calm down and talk it out in the end.
God, he needed coffee. He had sent McGee to get some it. The other two remaining team members had taken refuge down with Abby to get away from his foul mood.
Then McGee finally came back with the coffee, one in each hand. One for Gibbs and one for himself.
Something must have caught his eye, because he crouched down and picked up what looked like a medallion.
"Will you hurry up with the coffee?"
"Y-ye-yes, Boss." The stuttering made Gibbs even more annoyed.
"Oh, grow a backbone, McGee." This must have touched a nerve because he actually got an answer.
"Maybe you should ease up." There was a flash from the medallion which did not help on Gibbs' mood. He grabbed the coffee from McGee's left hand. And took a sip from it, as did McGee from his. They both frowned of the other ones coffee. Gibbs felt kinda weird, but he needed coffee first. His coffee. So he truned to McGee and said: "Change."
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.