- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is finding it hard to stay in caracter
"How are we gonna get through this?"
McGee frowned by the sudden outburst from his boss. In his body none the less. "What do you mean?"
"What I mean is that how am I gonna be able not to slap DiNozzo upside the head everytime he walkes into a room?"
McGee had to smile at that. Kate and Tony had gone to take refuge down in the mogue with Ducky a couple of minutts ago. He understood that they could sense that something was wrong. Tony had been the one that was most edgy. It would probably have something to do with how the one he thought was Gibbs was acting very quiet and barely dared to say a word, and a McGee that looked like he was ready to break someones neck. Tony had kept looking back and forth between them all morning. And when they had had an briefing not to long ago McGee had almost burst out laughing at the look on Tony and Kate's faces when Gibbs had told Tony to go jump of a cliff with an angry bark. Gibbs had been trying to stay quiet all morning, but he hadn't lasted long in the briefing when they actualy had to talk to eachother.
"What?!" Gibbs barked out.
There was one thing about this that McGee was really enjoying about this whole thing. Being Gibbs really was picking up McGee's comfidence. Strange, that it had to come to this. And there was one more thing... He just couldn't be as scared of Gibbs when he was in his body. He just couldn't. Gibbs made him look like, well... Like a hard ass. But without the iceblue eyes that Gibbs had and his own eyes that looked back at him instead... He couldn't be scared of himself. But he decided to change the subject anyway. Just to be on the safe side. "When was it that Abby was supposed to have those results back?"
"Get a hold of Tony and Kate. And I‘ll get the results!" He stormed off to the elevator. A couple of people had stoped in shock, that what they saw as push-over McGee directed Hard-ass Gibbs what to do. He just chuckled at their worried looks that was shot his way.

---------

When Gibbs got closer to Abby's lab he heard voices. He soon identified the voices to be Tony and Abby. He might be in McGee's body, but he still could sneak up on people and that was something he didn't plan to stop doing.
"So you finally made the move?" Abby sounded excited.
"Yeah, WE made the move."
"Yes!" Gibbs turned the corner and he saw Abby jumping up and down in some kind of victory dance. "I knew it!"
"What is going on?" Tony and Abby jumped by the sound of his voice. And he had to smirk at that.
"Jeez, McGeek. When did you learn to do that?"
"So, what's going on?"
"Nosy, aren't you?" Tony looked a bit annoyed and a little apprehensive. Gibbs just looked at him. Noting like his usual glare though.
"Fine... Umm... You have to keep this quiet."
"Keep what quiet?"
Tony seemed to hesitate and was weighing his words carefully. "I and... Umm... Well, lets just say that... I'm dating Kate."
"WHAT?" Gibbs mentally slaped himself for being to much, well, himself. He pulled himself together and calmly continued. "Gibbs is going to kill you."
"I know that, Probie." There was no bite in the comment. If anything there was some sadness to it. Gibbs was taken aback a little by this. "But of all people you should know that I would never ever risk my job for just a fling. And Kate definitely wouldn't. This is something..." Tony just closed his eyes and too a deep breath before he looked upand met his eyes again and ga a small smile. "I have never felt this way about anyone before and I'm not willing to let her go. I'll quit if I have too, but I'm not gonna give up on the best thing that has ever happend to me. And man, that sounded cliché."
Gibbs had to smile. In a way Tony reminded him of a little kid in a candy shop. He just had to face the fact that this might be the real deal. He had seen some clues here and there over time, but he hadn't thought they would act on it so soon. He knew he had some thinking to do. Was he willing to lighten up? Let two of the best agents he had stay, that he would never be able to replace?
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.