- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, so far so good.
Gibbs had changed with McGee and they think nobody knows...
But somebody is just a bit too nosy...
It's getting complicated

Tony's POV

‚Something is up! What the hell is going on here? And why is Kate saying I'm paranoid?'
Tony entered the bullpen and there was still this aura which told him that something was really wrong!
"Morning, boss."
He said calmly. Today he would find out! Today was the day of truth! No matter what Kate said, no matter how he's gonna suffer under Gibbs (and Kate after work) he would find out.
McGee looked up at him.
"Morning, DiNozzo."
The usual bark didn't come. Still wierd. Ok, now the moment of truth.
He had made sure that he was early. Really early, he even was earlier than Kate.
He placed the extra strong black coffee in front of his boss.
"Thought you might need one."
Tony waited for his boss to drink. Ok, this was mean but it was the easiest trick to find out what was wrong. If this man was really Gibbs he would take the cup, sniff once, take a sip and sigh.
McGee knew that, too. He had seen Gibbs drink his coffee and brought him coffee often enough to know that this would taste terrible.
Nonetheless he took the cup. His stomache turned upside down only by the thought about it.
"What are you up to?"
He had suddenly realized that it wasn't that normal that Tony brought him coffee. The stare of the icyblue eyes told Tony even more that something wasn't right here because McGee couldn't hold his gaze.
McGee took a sniff, hell this was pure caffein. By the scent he thought it wasn't even liquid. He looked at Tony one last time and took a sip.
"Haha!"
Tony cried out and pointed at McGee's face.
He leant close over the table.
"McGee?"
He whispered and fear came to the other man's blue eyes, something Tony had never seen before.
"You turned crazy, DiNozzo?"
McGee said after a few second and stood up. He checked the room how he could get away but didn't find any way he would be faster than Tony.
"Gibbs, or the one I thought to be..."
Tony's attention was suddenly drifting away from him to something on McGee's desk.
"What?"
McGee followed Tony with his eyes. He had turned his back to him and examined something in his hands.
"You know, Boss, I think, you are McGee! And Gibbs is in you're body! I think you switched!"
Tony said without turning around, his voice a bit absent.
Without thinking much McGee stepped up to him.
"Nobody can switch bodys!"
He said and slapped him on the head bacause he always wanted to do that.
There was this familiar flash of golden light and both agents startled backwards.


"No, no, no, no, no! That can't be true!"
Tony started but his voice was deeper and somehow he knew that annoyed tone but not from himself.
"Ok, this is getting really freaky!"
His own voice respond.
They glared at eachother.
"Not again!"
Tony rubbed his face, well the face of his boss, as if he thought his own face is underneath.
"Again?"
McGee asked confused.
"Never mind, hang on. Have I switched with Gibbs or McGee? I haven't got an answer yet!"
"McGee."
They stared at eachother again.
"You mean, Gibbs is you, you are me and I'm Gibbs?"
"Yeah, that's the way it is."
Tony nodded slowly but stopped in the middle.
"No! NO! McGee? Have I told you about me and Kate?"
"What do you mean? You and Kate?"
His own confused face looked at him.
"Shit! That means, Oh, my God! I told Gibbs!"
As if it was a reflex in Gibbs' muscles he slapped McGee.
"Hey what was that for?"
"Believe me, what you are going to recieve from Gibbs today will be a lot worse! I told him that I'm with Kate."
"You're with Kate? Tony, that's great! How did you...When did you...How did it happen?""
"Well, em..."
Tony considered whether he should tell McGee.
"Ok, Kate and me, we had switched bodys."
He saw how his features changed from a happy smile to shock.
"You mean you were Kate? How was it like?"
"Exhausting. But could we get back to the main issue? We have to figure out how we turn this right before Kate and Abby notice something. I neither want you to sleep with my girl nor do I want to sleep in a coffin!"
"Em, Tony, it would be Gibbs who has to sleep in a coffin."
Tony looked thinking for a moment.
"Yeah, right, but I don't want you to touch my girl!"
McGee looked uncomfortable. This was not getting any better. Ok, being Tony wasn't all bad, at least it couldn't be worse than being Gibbs but the fact that Tony was in Gibbs' body made him shiver. Sure as hell, this guy could kick his ass into next week.
Suddenly a different thought came to Tony's mind. He's gonna be the boss. Not only the second-in-command. No, he is the boss. He is the boss of Gibbs.
A nasty smile spread over his lips as Gibbs entered the bullpen.
"A little late, aren't we, McGee?"
He barked nearly hitting Gibbs' tone.
Gibbs looked from Tony who tried to surpress a grin on his startled expression to a really frightened McGee who started to realize that it meant nothing good to have Tony as his boss.
"Hang on..."
"The investigator coming through, boss?"
Tony just couldn't holding back. This was too good. He knew he would suffer when this was over but hell, he would enjoy this to the full.
"Tony?"
Gibbs said confused and turned to McGee but his own voice answered.
"Yes, boss?"
"Tony and me switched, too."
McGee explained.
"Tony is me? This is getting worse with every moment!"
"Hey guys!"
Kate's cheery voice came to them and pulled them back into here and now.
Tony grinned knowing exactly why she was like that and earned a warning look from Gibbs.
"What's up?"
"Nothing."
Tony answered before anybody even could open their mouths.
"Ok."
She said pushed back a little.
"Then I'll get down to Abby."
McGee waited before she was around the corner.
"Why didn't you tell her?"
"You mean tell her that I was that stupid that this is happening twice to me?"
Gibbs was surprised that Tony got his don't-ask-stupid-glare that good.
"Why twice?"


The three guys went to the little coffee shop and Tony told them everything what happened, of course not going into detail at most points.
"Ok."
Said Gibbs after half a hour, for him Tony had still too many details in it.
"I guess your way won't work this time!"
Both McGee and Tony shuddered at the thought of having sex with the other two men.
"Nope, don't think so."
"Ok, so I have to act Tony-like and I have to think of a reason why I can't meet Kate."
McGee summerized.
"And I have to get along with that computer of you and have to stay away from Abby."
Gibbs continued.
"And I have to play the boss."
Tony said and got annoyed glances. Ok, he really had the best part of this.
Gibbs rubbed his face.
"This is getting complicated!"
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.