- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony and Kate have a day of the other
„We're not doing well!", said Kate.
„Yeah, you would assume that we knew each other better."
„Ok...we just have to...have you make up on?" she looked into her own face.
„Em, well, you were gone so fast after dressing I hadn't the chance to tell you..."
„Oh come on! You need something put up!"
She took her purse and started to put up some make up.
„What the hell are you doing here?", asked Gibbs when he walked into the breakroom fifteen minutes later.
„Em we, well..."
„Kate asked me for some help..."
„We got a case! Grap your gear!"
Kate gave Tony a look which wasn't difficult to read, act like me or you'll regret it!

They walked around the crime scene. It was the bedroom of a female petty officer. A dead Commander was lying on the bed. „Had been a rough night!" said Tony with a smirk and recieved a headnut from Gibbs. The next second everybody stood there in shock. Even Gibbs.This comment was so Tony-like that he slapped the head it was coming from instinctively. Kate glanced angry at Tony and he mouthed a sorry.

Before the day was over Tony recieved five nearly-headnuts, Gibbs always stopped an inch before he hit Cate's head. Cate on the other hand made good work and no stupid comment or sexual joke left Tony's lips. That was a really freaky day, everybodythought when they all left as early as possible.

Tony went with Cate to his appartment and helped her dress for the date. They stood before the closet and Tony tied to figured out what she was supposed to wear. He took out a black suit.
„NO!" she cried out.
„Why not?"
„I'm not going to an furneal! Take the dark blue pinstripe one! And a white shirt and no tie! You look always good in that!"
„You think I look good?"
„Well, em, just give me the clothes!"
Tony looked uncomfortable.
„What?"
„You'll see me naked!"
„So?"
„You'll see me naked and touch my body, that's somehow not fair!"
„Why, you'll see me too! Apart from that, I already had seen you naked!"
„What? When?"
„In Cuba, remember? You jumped out of bed because of the leguan! Gibbs and II went in and you were nakes! That's when!"
She took the clothes and started to undress.
„You undress here?"
„You have seen yourself naked before I guess!"

Tony had spent about half a hour to tell Cate what to do, what to tell, what to eat and Cate acted to be listening. Now she was on her way to the „Lady's" appartment and Tony on his way to Cate's place. They had decided that it was better for the cover if the would switch appartments.

Tony just fell onto the couch when the doorbell rang. He opened and a really excited Abby stood in front of him.
„Hey Cate, thought of a nice girlie eve!"
Tony thought a minute about it and decided that it was a good opportunity to learn something secret about Cate.
„Sure! Come in!"
They sat on the couch and eat the food Abby had brought. It tasted terrible but he knew that Cate would like it. So far he was quite good with everything, the food, the talk...

Cate sat down with a pretty blonde.
„So, you're working for the NCIS?" the blonde asked with big interested eyes and a light smile.
„Em, yeah, I'm a special agent!" Cate answered.
She should have listen to Tony, he surely had told her where he had met the girl, where she was working and everything. At least she had found out her name on her own.
„That's surely more interesting than elemantary school teaching!"
Thank God! Cate thought.
„I can imagin that that is pretty interesting too!"


It was getting late, Tony rescued himself about ten times from being caught. Abby knew Cate good and she certainly noticed that there was something wrong with her best friend.
„It's just, I have an headache!" he lied.
„So, it's not about Tony?"
„Tony? Why should it be about Tony?"
„Come on! You told me about it! I know how it feels!"
„You weren't interested in him, were you?"
„No, not really, well, but it hurt a little that he was never interested in me!"
Tony was shocked. He had never thought of Abby as a possible sex partner. She was his friend. The best friend he had at the NCIS.
„He surely didn't mean it that way! I never thought of... I mean he probably think of you as of a sister!"
„Why are you protecting him? That must be a really bad headache!"

Cate drove the girl home. She was completely right. Elementary school teaching is boring! But not as boring as her college time, or her high school time, or anything she had told Cate. Cate had to put all strengh into the try to listen and seem interested. Tony had allowed her not to sleep with the girl but also told her not to tell her that they should repeat it. The only sentence she really used was „Call me soon" and handed her a visit card. It was the wrong number. Tony usually didn't do that but special situations need special actions. The girl, Macy or something like that, stood at the door, she had that look. Cate knew the look. She used it a couble of times herself. It was the kiss-me-goodbye-look. ‚Why not‘ she tought and kissed Macy-or-something. It was strange. But not bad. Cate didn't had the feeling to kiss the same sex. The hormons of a man running through her veins made her feel and think like a man, well at least a little. Tony never could get gay! She knew that by that kiss. And she knew why.

They fell into their beds. Cate in Tony's kingsize bed with dark red satin bedcloths, Tony in Cate's doublebed. He asked himself for a moment why she had a doublebed, but lost the though pretty fast. They both thought about the day, especially the evening.
„I still have so much to learn!" they both said before fading into sleep.
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.