- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony and Kate start to live the life of the other, for real
Tony closed the door of Kate's car. It was surely the worst day of his life. The napkin was uncomfortable and he wasn't satisfied with the make up. „Hey Katie! What's new, baby?" two special agents of another team walked by and Tony saw that they only looked at her ass. He took a deep breathe and went into the building.
A few minutes later, still more than on time, Kate walked into the bullpen. Tony saw the cuts on his own face and had mixed feelings. The one was that Kate's destroing his handsome features. The other was satisfaction that not only he has to learn.
„Met Edward Scissorhands this morning?", he asked her and only earned a *don't give me that grab* look.
Gibbs walked in and told Tony and Kate to go to a suspect. They were happy about that because they wouldn't have to act.
They didn't got something new. The alibi of the suspect was perfect, but not too perfect.
„He surely didn't do it!", said Kate driving Tony's car.
„Yeah, that was completely unnecessary."
„But at least we got away from Gibbs. I think he starts to notice that something is really wrong!"
„Well, your not good at being me!", said Tony teasing.
„Oh yeah! And your so much better at being me!"
„I bet I could go out with men you dated before without him noticing that it's not you!"
„I bet I could meet your friends and they wouldn't realize anything!"
„So, is it a deal?"
„Sure!" They shook hands.
„So, who should I date?"
„What about Stephen Adler?"
„Stephen?"
„Well, just to make it interesting!"
„Ok, you'll meet my frat brothers!"
Kate grimassed.
„Just to make it interesting!", grinned Tony.

After work and a few calls Kate sat in a bar with two of Tony's frat brothers. She had a beer, you can't go wrong with beer, and the guys talked about their jobs. So it was easy for Kate. She just had to pretend to know what they're doing and tell some stories from the office, of course the bit dirty ones, because it had to be Tony-like.

For Tony the evening wasn't that easy. Not only that he had to find the right dress, the fitting make upand so on, he still had his period. With the napkins he couldn't wear a g-string but the outfit he decided to wear needed one. He stood in the bathroom. A tampon in one hand looking into the mirror. „Come on, Tony! You can do that! It's not the first time for your finger to be there! So, at least you know the way!"
After fifteen very exhausting minutes in the bathroom and another hour he was ready for Stephen. For him it was a bit easier because he knew Stephen. Or it was more difficult because he knew Stephen. He couldn't tell which way it was. He was sitting stiffly in his chair. Stephen was making him comliments for about half a hour now but Tony didn't say much. This was Stephen, his Stephen, the Stephen who went to college with him. But he wasn't Tony, that was just wrong.
„I thought I would never hear from you again!" Stephen said sipping on his drink. Tony tried not to laugh. He was drinking a martini, because Tony ordered one. He knew that from Stephen, always order what the woman drink, she'll think you have something in common. The funny thing was that he really hated Martini, well actually that was the reason Tony ordered it.
„I had a hard day! I needed a friendly face!", said Tony with a light smile, the one Kate often uses.
„Tony?"
„Well, he wasn't completely innocent!", he was testing. He knew it. But he wanted to know how far he could go. What would Stephen say?
„He can be an idiot sometimes."
„Well, yeah, sometimes..."
„You know, if he weren't my frat brother..."
„What then?" Tony was really interested in that.
„I don't think I would still be friends with him."
Ouch, thought Tony. Sure, woman are important and he always knew that Stephen says nearly everything when it comes to really hot women, but to say about his brother...
„Actually I think he's a real asshole! You know, the way he talks to women...discusting if you ask me."
'I can't believe it! You're the one who teached me that! I wasn't like that before I met you!' Tony took a deep breathe.
„You know I think he's not that bad..."
„Come on, Kate, I know you hate that he meets so many women!"
Tony tried not to cry out a „WHAT?" Kate hates he's dating?
„I thought that's the reason. I mean that you think he's acting so stupid."
„Oh, yeah! That's the reason I dislike it! He is so disrespectful..."
Jealousy, Kate, is very dangerous! Tony smiled at that thought.

Kate was at her third beer. Luckily it was Tony's body, so she could drink more than normally, especially it was Tony's kigney and liver she was destoying, so she didn't care about it. She was joking and laughing with the guys. 'Yeah, to be a man is not that bad!' she thought and took a big sip of her beer.
„What about that woman of you, Tony?"
Kate looked at the one of them.
„The woman?"
„The one you always talk about!"
'Wow, Tony talks about one woman? He never fails to surprise me' she thought and waited that one of them would say her name. 'What will it be? Mandy, Sandra, Sybill, Claudia...'
„Kate!" said the one.
„Yeah! Exactly that it was! Kate! The one you work with!"
'Tony talked about me?'
„Oh, well, we are still..."
„Only working together? I thought you were up to change that?"
„Em, well, Gibbs would kill us!" Kate said but in her thoughts she didn't even was in the country rather at Gibbs.

It was not even half past ten when Tony asked Stephen to take him home. It was a silent ride but Stephen walked Tony to the door. Tony looked at Stephen and tried not to show the panic he felt. He knew that look! It was the look he had seen often, well, not from that perspectiv, but he knew it! 'Fuck! What the hell shall I do now? Had Kate kissed this jackass? God, when I got my body back I'll punch the shit out of him for every single word he said tonight!' It's necessary to mention that Stephen hadn't stopped after the asshole thing, oh no, not at all. In fact the evening was filled with 'I hate Tony DiNozzo'-speechs, followed by some of the most embarrassing stories of his college time. It seemed that Stephen thought of Tony as a rival and did everything to make him look bad. But for now they were standing in front of the door and Tony had to make a decision. 'For the bet!' he thought and kissed him. It was a rather short kiss. Tony pulled back and knew from the look on Stephen's face that Kate had never kissed him. Very pleased with himself and the fact that he knew now that Stephen was a miserable kisser he got into the house and immediatly called Kate.
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.