- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The date really go Tony going... In the wrong direction.
Tony tapped his fingers on the table while he waited for Kate to answer the phone. He was so angry at the moment. How could Kate send him on that date? She must have known how it would turn out.
"DiNozzo." When Tony heard his own amused voice with the quiet conversation and music in the background. He got even more angry when he understood that Kate had fun while he had had a miserable time.
"Still out, I see." He really tried to not sound annoyed.
"Ton... ia?" Tony could hear the the murmer and the laughter at he dated a girl named Tonia. He even heard a little round with chanting. It sounded very much like: "Tony and Tonia, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G."
"Nice cover, Kate." He really couldn't hold back the sarcasm.
"What? You didn't like your date?"
"No, cause I really love to go on a date with someone who won't talk about anything else but the fact that you are the most stupied, discusting human being on the planet. The fact that the guy I thought was my friend actually can't stand the fact that I exsist. Now! Why wouldn't I love that!" He was almost screaming at the end. He couldn't talk to her any more, so the last thing he heard was: "I'm sorr..." When hung up.
After meeting Kate on Air Force One he had slowly started to get feelings for her. He ha fallen head over heals for her. He had never really fallen in love before. But then again he had never gotten to know the girl before they broke it off. Kate on the other hand. She had started as a co-worker, then a friend. So he thought. After tonight he was sure that Kate couldn't stand him either. It seemed like Kate and Stephen had had plenty of these conversations. Maybe they should join the "I hate Tony DiNozzo" club. If they had' already.
The girl... Woman of his dreams couldn't stand him. An that hurt. His eyes as starting to tear up. "Ah! This god damned PMS mood!"

***

Kate walked in to the office. She really needed to talk to him. She hadn't thought this one through. The biggest reason she had broken it off with Stephen in the first place had been because how he talked about Tony. When ever she had tried to get some frustration out over his behavior, Stephen always went way to far. He didn't like Tony much. She didn't have to be a profiler to understand that. And what did she do? She sended Tony on a date with him.
When Tony had called her when she still was out with the guys she had at first enjoyed a little sense of victory. But she hadn't thought that it could actually hurt him. And when he hung up before she could apologize. She had gone back to Tony's appartment not long after to call him back, so they could talk without anyone listening. But he didn't answer. After several tries she gave up. She had to wait until they got to work.
She saw that Tony was at her desk working. She looked around and saw that she was the last one to show up. So she had to be careful not to make a scene and get to much attention.
"Umm... Kate? Can I talk to you?" She stod at her own desk looking down at herself. The angry glare she got in return sent chills up her spine. "Please?"
Tony frowned at her. "We got work to do, DiNozzo. Why don't you try and do some?"
If Tony bad mouth himself infrnt of Gibbs, he had t be in a real bad mood. Kate walked defeated over to Tony's desk to work. ‘Ok, there was always lunch. Maybe they would have to get Abby or Ducky to be peacemaker first though,' she thought to herself as she looked over at Tony who was almost fuming with anger.

***

(Gibbs POV)
Paperwork wasn't really what Gibbs wanted to do on a Sunday morning, but they were on weekend watch, so they could just aswell get something done.
McGee had already been in place when he came in. Kate turned up about 5 minutts after him and she did not look happy. Not that she usually did, so it actually calmed him down a little. But something was very wrong. He knew that, but at least it was more normal than it had been.
"Hi, Kate." McGee said it with a small smile. The ice cold stare he got in return took that smile away. Ok, so she was in a REALLY bad mood. Not that normal.
"Is everything alright, Kate?" He had to ask. Everything was so off that his insides were screaming for an answer.
"Just peachy." The sarcastic smile and cold eyes shot his way was enough to get him to understand that they should be steping carefully around her that day.
Just then did Tony desided to turn up. And he walked straight over to Kate. He really wished he had some sort of flag to wave to get him to turn around before it was to late. Tony spoke so quietly that he almost didn't hear him saying anything. But he did hear Kate's respons well enough. He had never heard so much negativ emotion in a voice before that moment. What ever Tony had done to get this kind of reactions from Kate had to be something seriously bad and personal. And he better fix it fast.
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.