- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
let's talk...
„I still don't wanna talk to you, Tony!", by now he was pretty used to call Kate Tony.
It was nearly two hours ago that Kate had shown up but Tony's mood didn't light up a bit.
Lunchtime came and Tony just stood up without another word and started to get out of the office. Kate stood up and hurried after him. Only because of the fact that Tony wasn't used to high heels she reached him before he could get into the car.
„Tony wait! You just can't get away from me forever!"
„But I can try!" he said and looked for her keys in her purse.
„How can women use them? Nobody can find anything in it!" he fumed.
„Tony, calm down! Let's get somewhere..."
„Kate! Don't you understand that I don't wanna see you, or talk to you? And that's pretty difficult at the moment! Because every time I look into the mirror I see your face. Everytime I open my mouth I hear your voice! Instead of running from you, I'm running from me! So many nights I wanted to get to you, now I'm trying to get away, but it's impossible! That is really annoying!" his voice started to shake.
„I can't stand it anymore! That fucking PMS! That fucking period, and that fucking purse! There is nothing I can imagine that is worst than that! So many nights I thought to myself that it certainly would be interesting to be a woman for a day! I'm a woman for three days now and I hated it from the first second on!" he threw the purse on the floor. A little pain ran through Kate. It was her best purse. Gucci. Incredible expensive. But that wasn't what made her feel bad.
„I understand you now!" he said looking on the floor.
„I can understand all those things you say, all those things you do, or you don't do! It's because you hate me, right?" he looked at her for a second but didn't give her time to answer. „And the funny thing about is," he laughed hollow, „I can understand that too!I'm a bastard, an asshole, a emotionless, insensitive pig!"
„No, you're not Tony!"
„Of course I am! At least that's what all world think of me! Or what you and Stephen made up in your little I-hate-Tony-DiNozzo-club!"
„What club? Tony, I do..."
„There's no need Kate!"his voice low and his eyes full of tears. 'I will not cry' „I'm gonna leave! As soon this is over, I'll leave!"
„No, Tony, you can't..."
„Come on, Kate! I don't mean anything for anybody here! I'm just an annoyance! Nobody will miss me!"
„Tony, that's not true!"
„You think Gibbs will miss me? He probably will help me to pack! And McGee? Oh yeah, he will really miss it to be called Probie and being smacked. Oh yeah and Abby, she will really miss the fact that I'm standing around saying stupid things and kepps her from work! And you... I think you did everthing to show that you will never miss me!"
„Tony, maybe we all aren't really good to show you our real feelings but..."
„But what, Kate? You wanna tell me that I mean for you the same, as you all mean for me? You really think that I'm like a son for Gibbs just the way he is like a father to me? Or do you think that Abby thinks of me as a big protective brother? And you...After that date it's pretty clear what you think of me!"
„I don't even know what happened, Tony!"
„He talked about me, Kate! He spent about two hours to talk about me as a disgusting, pityful human being who doesn't really deserve to live! He hates me! And the way he talked it didn't seemed that it was the first time he did that with you! And I assume that he didn't start the conversation! If there's anything I know about women it is that you don't tell her about your best friends except she asks you!"
„Tony I'm really sorry about what he said. I forgot that when we did the bet!"
„So, you knew! You talked with him about it! You knew how much he hates me and that's why you went out with him!"
„No, that's why I pumped him!"
„What?"
„That's why I never called him again. When we did the deal, I forgot about that!"
Tony sat down. Everything just floated out of him. He didn't really wanted her to know.
„You know what, Tony? We go to dinner tonight. Just the two of us! Then we can have a proper talk! And you have time to calm down a bit." She stood up and walked over the parking area back to the building.
„Is that a date?" he called after her. She just turned and gave one of his best *I-m-a-bad-boy*smiles.
'That's what women always do? Talk about you emotions!' Tony thought and wiped a tear away.
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.