- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kate takes Ton on a date
Tony stod before the mirrior in the hallway in Kate's appartment. It was strange to be at the womans perspective before a date. He was waiting for Kate to come and pick him up for the date. He had never been so nerveus in his life. All he really wanted to do was run away, but somehow he just couldn't let this opertunity go.
Just then the doorbell rang. Tony took one last look in the mirrior and a deep breath before he walked to the door. He took another deep breath before he opened the door.
"Hi, Kate." He looked into his own eyes.
"Hi, Tony. Are you ready?"
"Yeah, I'll just go grab a jacket."
"Sure." Tony turned and walked away to get one. He had to smile of the fact that Kate had to ring the doorbell to her own appartment. It was bizzare.
As he returned he had to smile again. It didn't look like she had dared to go inside the appartment. She still stood in the door way waiting for his return.
"Are you ready?"
"As ready as I'll ever be."

***

The car ride over to the restaurant had been quiet. Maybe even a little to quiet. After the outburst at work, Tony felt like he didn't have much to say anyway. He was sure that this date wasn't more than away for Kate to ease up the guilt and this was her way of repaying him. He had to admit that she behaved like a perfect gentelman. She opened the doors for him and even pulled out the chair at the restaurant. He gave her a reasuring smile, before she went over and sat down at her own chair. He had to make a remark abut this. He just had too. "Is this some; do to others what you want others to do for you-thing?"
"Hmm?" He had to giggle at Kate's confusion. Strange how Kate always got him to act like a teenager.
"The gentelman act?" Kate smiled back at him and actually blushed. ‘Huh, so that's what I look like when I blush.'
"I guess every woman wants to feel appriciated."
"You would know."
"Yes, I guess I would." The waiter came and took their orders. Kate used the time to prepare herself to open up. She took a deep breath and it looked like she was choosing her words carefuly. "About yesterday..."
Tony interupted. "Kate, please don't."
"No, no, Tony. You need to hear this and I need to tell you." Tony looked down at the table, but Kate could still see the sad look in his eyes even if he didn't look at her. "I didn't think and I'm so sorry. It was bad enough when I was dating him, and by sending you on a date with him so he would tell you that right to your face, that is something that I really regret. And I'm terribly sorry."
"It is fine,Kate. You have shown me that you regret it. Will you let it go now?"
"No, Tony. I won't. I can't. At least not until you know how I really feel." They got interupted by the arrival of the food, but Tony was now looking into her eyes. With a frown none the less, but he was looking at her again. "When I first met you on Air Force one I can't say you made the best first impression, but then again neither did anyone else really. But still you managed to impress me. And that's the way it's been since. You can really torture me from time to... most of the time, but in the end... When it comes to the job there is no one else I would trust more as my partner then you."
Tony smiled a little smile. He still couldn't say anything. He wanted too, but she was only interested in the job and not him as a person. He sat thinking about something to say in return, but he came up blank.
"If it only stoped there." A bitter laugh escaped and a sad smile was sent Tony's way. "You have been the one that has lightened the mood at the office. There is no doubt about it. Without you there..." She let the sentence hang in the air. "You are a lot of things, Tony. And I'm not going to tell you anything I already have called. I really tried so hard not to..." A small sob followed and Tony didn't even dare to breath by now. Kate was the one looking down at the table now. "I've fallen head over heals in love with you. I tried not to fall for you. I don't want to end up as another DiNozzo date statistic. I don't think I could get over that."
Tony was still not saying anything. So Kate desided to just suck it up and face it. What met her eyes when she looked up was something she hadn't expected. Tony was smiling heartly now with tears all over the place. Tony got up and walked over to her. He grabed her hand and she got up and followed Tony out on the dance floor. Tony put his arms around her shoulders and she put her hands around what should have been her waist. They started moving to the soft piano music playing close by and Tony looked up into her eyes.
"I love you, Kate. And I can promise you that that is something I have never felt or even said to another woman in my entire life. You are the one and only for me."
By these words did Kate kiss Tony. He frose at first. ‘It's me I'm kissing.' Then he relised that they may have switched bodies, but it was Kate he was kissing and he wouldn't want it any other way. They melted into eachothers arms.
Chapter End Notes:
This is a co-write with metal hamster. We got inspired by a movie as you might have noticed.
PS. Romance is really not my strong side, but I tried!